[Week 44] 9. T.a.C(0-1) vs 10. Ravenous510(0-0) (tac wins)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Aug 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]
    Rules:

VERSES DUE THURSDAY @ 11:59 PST
    Line Limit: Minimum 8 lines, Maximum 40 (If opponent agrees, you may go over the line limit)
    NO BITING OR RECYCLING
    Biting/Recycling is the equivalent of a no show
    Extensions must be requested in your battle thread before the Thursday evening deadline. It is the opponents choice whether to allow the extension or not. Failure to accept/deny the request prior to the first vote being cast will result in the extension being allowed.
    If granted, the extension overrides the deadline for BOTH battlers
    A No Show results in a loss and automatic sign out
    If your opponent fails to show, you must still post at least 4 lines and 3 voting links for your victory.
    A title wont change hands by no show
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST THREE TIMES IN THEIR MATCH. A CHECK IN, THEIR VERSE, AND THEIR LINKS. EXCESSIVE POSTING WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES.
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST ONCE IN AN OPPONENTS BATTLE. A VOTE. ANYTHING UNNECCESARY WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, EITHER TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR PM THE PERSON.
    First battler to post is allowed to edit their verse up until the second battler posts theirs. Once the second battler posts, they are allowed to edit their verse until the first vote is casted.
    The Second battler to post cannot post more lines than the first. Doing so will result in DQ.
    Disruptive members will be banned from the league will and have their posts moved to the garbage bin thread.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A NON-MOD MAKE A THREAD IN THE LEAGUE. YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SITE FOR A WEEK. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!

VOTING RULES:
    VOTES ARE DUE SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:59 PST
    You must vote on at least 5 matches(provided there are 5 matches to vote on, if no vote on whichever battles are open) and post the links in your thread. For every link not posted you will lose a vote.
    Votes MUST be at least two lines per verse, and must have a vote casted. There is no voting for ties.
    Voting is open past the deadline in the case that I’m late starting the new week.
    Voting is open to current participants, RBL mods, and former champs. Former champs must vote on at least three matches to have their vote counted, and must adhere to the same voting rules.

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and a forum mod.

Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask me
    test
  2. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

Hmmmm....

How many lines?
    test
  3. Tacky Jones

test
  4. Ravenous510

How about 16?

Tbh, I think I'm gonna need at least 20 to complete this verse I have in the works...
    test
  5. Ravenous510

How's this for "on time"?;

Also, E-A-Ski is a Bay Area producer who signed Locksmith and produced the first Frontline albums, just in case some of you don't get that reference...

See, T’s a weak rookie; he’ll fold-
    Cops apply pressure - he’ll drop a dime - a solid guy? Never!
    This cheap pussy’ll roll!
    On that funny shit - so T.A.C. couldn’t see a key
    If he was runnin’ with E-A-Ski, but if he plays me -
    I’ll be soft and debonair like Fred Astaire ‘til tempers flare and shots from weapons air
    Metal tears and flesh is pared ‘til he drops and his death’s declared
    The ghost rider - I rode fire - you’re lost in my penance stare
    Hold it now - slow it down
    I said the ghost writer - I wrote fire - you’re lost when my pen is dared!
    See, this man’s never seen in sessions
    ‘Cuz his morphemes are morphine
    Mine? Amphetamine injections!
    I spit acetylene - shit, my pedigree’s impressive
    Pinky dick thinks he’s sick? - It better be infectious!
    See, this gelatinous kid’s a masochist – or a mindless simpleton – tryin’ to strip a win from Ravenous!?
    I dead emcees in seconds!
    It's endgame and my pen’s lacin' his wack style -
    There ain’t a doubt – my torture tactics’ll lay him out like floor ceramics
    And the sensation is TACtile!
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

I’m a Giant stomping this A, leavin straight bruises
    Cuz this battle is the battle of the bay, and Oakland always loses
    This gay chooses to bore, but’ll meet a funny end
    The most Uninteresting Man is Ravenous for a title…stay hungry my friend
    I tend to play nice, but really I don’t feel dude
    Its just too bad for the league that the Richmond refinery fire didnt kill you
    You’re not built to compete, infact I doubt ya claim
    Because you beating me is about as likely as the A’s selling out a game
    Oak-town amounts to shame, other counties gotta carry ya
    Put the 510 in his name, so he named himself after the dump of the Bay Area
    We lay barriers, “Sic Transit Gloria Mundi” don’t ask why
    The glory of the world ain’t gone, it’s just the world has passed your lame ass by
    Your trash lines get bashed spines, theres no hope for haven
    Cuz your concepts and rhymes been corny and played since Poe wrote the Raven
    So protest after this battle, riot cuz you’re stark ravin’
    Cuz I went Mehserle with the Desert Eag, now come and meet me at a BART station
    test
  7. Ravenous510

Good shit...

Thanks for not no showin'...

I know you're busy...
    test
  8. Reptilian

Reptilian I need live meals.

Vote = tacky.

Verses better structured, more of the style that i prefer.

Rav is definitely a beast as well. I just think jones got this!

Great battle.
    test
  9. Ravenous510

test
  10. Ravenous510

test
  11. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

ravenous, weak showing. but on a positive note, i see potential. you have a good rhythm. problem is, you weren't really talking about shit. nothing you said was worthy of toppling an opponent in a text match. it's really that simple. not much critique needed. in a battle, text battle at least, the idea is to attack your opponent. best style is to write in couplets. that is, setup/punch//setup/punch//setup/punch//, and so on and so forth. here, you just rambled on in an unconventional style, but with decent rhythm. if you can clean up the style and actually execute a punch, you might do damage.

tac, easy match for you. btw, i meant to say that you were very lame last week for digging up a six year old topic that is truly quite personal and best kept in the past just for a text verse that was horribly crafted. that was unecessary. after all, you knew you'd lose. but whatever. as for this match, i can say that you've come a long way in cleaning up your style. i dug the stay hungry line, though i'm convinced it can be executed better, it produced silent chuckles nonetheless. no other punches were worth noting, but i will say again that i enjoyed the style and feel while reading your verse. the confidence shone through. pretty good flow too, but just no hard hitting punches.

vote - tacky jones
    test
  12. Donis

Donis New Member

Yeah, Tac won this.. although I dig Ravenous style. Unique. Just not battle-oriented. Throw a punches in there and polish it up a bit, and I think you got something. Lots of potential. Tac's wasn't a particularly great verse. Harped on the Bay/A's stuff too much.. Punches were good but not great.. Felt like something thrown together at the last minute.. but it was good enough to win. Tax takes this.
    test
  13. Ravenous510

blah blah blah

take it to another thread.
    test
  14. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

T.a.C.

Thought you used the Oakland-related personals as a bit of a crutch. Some of them weren't too original but to help your case, you had other good lines thrown in there- the most uninteresting man in the world punch as well as your last 3 couplets were all very good.

Ravenous

If you were just a little more personal with your attacks, your style would be a lot more effective. In terms of rhymes and vocab, you were head and shoulders better than the rest of the league this week. I know this is your first battle but a couple minutes of research would've revealed that T.a.C. is one of the easiest people in this league to write for. You could've mentioned something about his pic from last week, how he lost last week, how he recently changed his name, how he's a mod, how he's from the Bay Area, etc.

Your first few lines where you mentioned T.a.C. just didn't do anything for me. Your next few lines including the 'slow it down' were really dope but just not direct enough. Your closer was your most effective line for me. If you could tailor your verse around punches like that, while still throwing in trademark creative shit like the 'slow it down' then you'll be a monster in my book.

Vote: T.a.C.
    test
  15. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Ravenous - I wasn't really feeling your verse. You didn't have much that went against your opponent. It was hard to read as well as far as flow went. I felt like you were trying too hard for make your verse sound good with multies that were quite forced. The EA Ski line was weak, and the fact you had to explain it made it worse.

T.a.C - A lot of bay area references in your verse. Just wanted to point that out. The opener was okay. you had a better sense of flow with your verse. Closer was okay as well. I liked the Poe/Raven line, however rewording would have made it much better.

Vote - T.a.C
    Easy Margin.

Line of the match:
    "Your trash lines get bashed spines, theres no hope for haven
    Cuz your concepts and rhymes been corny and played since Poe wrote the Raven" - T.a.C
    test
  16. BarZ.

BarZ. Over Everything

See, T’s a weak rookie; he’ll fold-
    Cops apply pressure - he’ll drop a dime - a solid guy? Never!
    This cheap pussy’ll roll!
    ha
    On that funny shit - so T.A.C. couldn’t see a key
    If he was runnin’ with E-A-Ski, but if he plays me -
    blah..

I’ll be soft and debonair like Fred Astaire ‘til tempers flare and shots from weapons air
    Metal tears and flesh is pared ‘til he drops and his death’s declared
    open mic bars..

The ghost rider - I rode fire - you’re lost in my penance stare
    Hold it now - slow it down
    I said the ghost writer - I wrote fire - you’re lost when my pen is dared!
    that's not a slow it down... lost IN my... lost WHEN my... the words aren't accurate..

See, this man’s never seen in sessions
    ‘Cuz his morphemes are morphine
    Mine? Amphetamine injections!
    weak attempt at comparison diss

I spit acetylene - shit, my pedigree’s impressive
    Pinky dick thinks he’s sick? - It better be infectious!
    uhhhh.... ok - PAUSE, either i didn't read that right.. or u didnt write that right..

See, this gelatinous kid’s a masochist – or a mindless simpleton – tryin’ to strip a win from Ravenous!?
    I dead emcees in seconds!
    It's endgame and my pen’s lacin' his wack style -
    There ain’t a doubt – my torture tactics’ll lay him out like floor ceramics
    And the sensation is TACtile!
    lol... that was dope.. one of the best bars i seen this week actually...

tac
    i'm not breaking yours down.. basically what it boils down to is.. you came w/ more of a battle verse.. seems like u didn't try - cuz u prlly were bizzy but ya verse was enuff cuz u attacked consistently throughout the battle.... my fav. lines from you were

This gay chooses to bore, but’ll meet a funny end
    The most Uninteresting Man is Ravenous for a title…stay hungry my friend

that shit was dope.. one of the best lines this wk. also.. i like the twist on how u had UNINTERESTING - instead of putting stay thirsty u put Stay hungry - NICE..

v - TAC he wrote more of a battle verse
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.