[Week 43][Champ] C. SonnyDaze vs 2. The Marshall (the marshall wins)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]
    Rules:

VERSES DUE THURSDAY @ 11:59 PST
    Line Limit: Minimum 8 lines, Maximum 40 (If opponent agrees, you may go over the line limit)
    NO BITING OR RECYCLING
    Biting/Recycling is the equivalent of a no show
    Extensions must be requested in your battle thread before the Thursday evening deadline. It is the opponents choice whether to allow the extension or not. Failure to accept/deny the request prior to the first vote being cast will result in the extension being allowed.
    If granted, the extension overrides the deadline for BOTH battlers
    A No Show results in a loss and automatic sign out
    If your opponent fails to show, you must still post at least 4 lines and 3 voting links for your victory.
    A title wont change hands by no show
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST THREE TIMES IN THEIR MATCH. A CHECK IN, THEIR VERSE, AND THEIR LINKS. EXCESSIVE POSTING WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES.
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST ONCE IN AN OPPONENTS BATTLE. A VOTE. ANYTHING UNNECCESARY WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, EITHER TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR PM THE PERSON.
    First battler to post is allowed to edit their verse up until the second battler posts theirs. Once the second battler posts, they are allowed to edit their verse until the first vote is casted.
    The Second battler to post cannot post more lines than the first. Doing so will result in DQ.
    Disruptive members will be banned from the league will and have their posts moved to the garbage bin thread.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A NON-MOD MAKE A THREAD IN THE LEAGUE. YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SITE FOR A WEEK. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!

VOTING RULES:
    VOTES ARE DUE SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:59 PST
    You must vote on at least 5 matches(provided there are 5 matches to vote on, if no vote on whichever battles are open) and post the links in your thread. For every link not posted you will lose a vote.
    Votes MUST be at least two lines per verse, and must have a vote casted. There is no voting for ties.
    Voting is open past the deadline in the case that I’m late starting the new week.
    Voting is open to current participants, RBL mods, and former champs. Former champs must vote on at least three matches to have their vote counted, and must adhere to the same voting rules.

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and a forum mod.

Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask me
    test
  2. the marshall

the marshall New Member

And here I am...
    test
  3. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Minimum of 16
    test
  4. SonnyDaze

I’m taking this battle as serious as a Mexican carnival cuz you’re a step above marginal
    Advice for THE marshall: Don’t choose a name with a definite article if you’re nothing less than remarkable
    Entered the league talking reckless, what a rookie mistake. Full of yourself like you shouldn’ve ate.
    I offered your ego a salad, you passed on it and took the buffet.
    Of chorus now you’re going to refrain from throwin’ hooks, we never got the hint they would land
    http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...1-vs-2-gramur-4-2-vs-3-themarshall-2-0-a.html ...same song, same dance… but now you sing like Rihanna, cuz you’re missing a Gram.
    Calibre already tried to hate vote me off the throne. Just proof of another style you bit
    5 battles in and your voting record shows you can’t differentiate between a good verse and a pile of shit
    Watch me stomp on Mars emulating tomorrow’s astronaut
    I brought the future to the present, therefore making you an afterthought
    Son’s the biggest star, but with the disses I’m as a cold as Uranus
    Mars approaches with that elliptical orbit, but don’t get it distorted, 100-something million miles still separate us
    With the words, Son is preferred so fuck Marshall’s thundering herd
    How can your future be bright, claiming you struck lightning when no thunder was heard
    Marshall couldn’t win if this was 97 and he had Pennington at QB and Randy Moss at receiver.
    When they ask what’s in front of Marshall tell em “We are”. Wipe this retard out with a flick- no cost of a theatre.
    test
  5. the marshall

the marshall New Member

Got drunk & forgot last night. If its cool I'll drop tonight, if you're not down with that, you can take the DQ. Sorry my dude.
    test
  6. SonnyDaze

test
  7. the marshall

the marshall New Member

Good run son, but throw in the title...start facin' the facts
    By any chance we see ' Sonny side up ', its cuz i flipped'em flat on his back
    You've got some swag in ya verses, still aint fuckin' with me...
    Faggot if your style is tender...its cuz you're the best fry cook in the city
    i spit like 12 AK's fella, its gonna be hard to compete with me
    Cuz if he's a ' Son of a gun ', then we know the chamber in the pistol was empty
    You're about to lose ya self respect & title in the same bout
    We'll see Daze career come to ' two ends ', without me spelling his name out
    Its a new sheriff in town...bitch im controlling these parts
    Fella if you're a ' genius at work ' its cuz you mastered the craft of custodial arts
    This is a lame fight, one right'll drop you in plain sight
    Its funny...Sonnys fucking with the marshall & STILL could never take flight
    Ya verses are stetched as fuck... & ya drop wack so its a lose lose
    I aint sayin ya style is Tacky...cuz if it was you might be as good as that dude
    You cant compare us...im up & coming & this faggots a flop
    Cuz theres a long line between us...& it probably came from a bar outta ya drop
    test
  8. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

Sonny - no hate bro but I wasn't feeling anything man.. Your bars are way to stretched out, it kills any rhythm ure tryna establish and your punches just weren't that strong.. The we are marshall line coulda been cool but it was a bad set up n worded poorly.. U need to tighten up ur style imho

Marshal - u had some cool shit like the daze/two ends, fuckin with marshal, ur closer was straight but I dunno if it's considered feeding tho.. But overall u were just more consistent and a better structured verse with harder punches

V/marshall
    test
  9. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

I'd give this to Sonny Daze.

Are his lines "stretched"? Maybe a little.

However...he demonstrated superior rhyming ability and vocabulary, as well as wordplay.

V/Sonny Daze
    test
  10. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

i saw nothing superior about either verse. boy has this league taken a dip in talent. no offense, but this was uninspiring. i'm questioning my interest in not only participating, but helping to run this league. what's more surprising is that the champ has a pretty impressive record. sonny, don't take this the wrong way but i come from an era where you are considered trash. that's real talk. but on to the vote.

sonny, your verse was bad. you run on and on and on and what appears to be a decent flow makes for a terrible rhythm due to stretched lines and poorly executed punches. nothing notable throughout the entire verse for me to quote. the very few decent ideas that you had were overlooked by just horrible execution. setup, punch, setup, punch, setup, punch, setup, punch—that's all it takes. not sure what style you employed here. hard for me to stay positive, so i'll move on.

the marshall, better style that you attempted to use, but still horrible execution. a lot of weak punches and just shit that didn't work, like the tacky line. i mean, i get it, and maybe y'all consider tacky to be nice—but this line didn't work for me simply because tacky is known for being wack. a few more decent ideas, but none executed well enough to quote.

wack champ match. no quoteables. a lot of ego, not a lot of talent. it's really hard for me to choose a clear winner, but i have to give marshall the nod here. sonny just rambled on far too long to gain my interest. as noted, there were signs of good flow, but no rhythm throughout the verse. marshall had a better style, and seemed to attack more. can't say he had more good punches, as neither had any, but he punched more than sonny and with better structure. again, tough for me to decide, but i'll go with that.

vote - the marshall
    test
  11. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

test
  12. the marshall

the marshall New Member

test
  13. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Marshall wins
    test