[Week 43] 7. Gramur vs 8. wreck'n'eyez (wreck wins)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]
    Rules:

VERSES DUE THURSDAY @ 11:59 PST
    Line Limit: Minimum 8 lines, Maximum 40 (If opponent agrees, you may go over the line limit)
    NO BITING OR RECYCLING
    Biting/Recycling is the equivalent of a no show
    Extensions must be requested in your battle thread before the Thursday evening deadline. It is the opponents choice whether to allow the extension or not. Failure to accept/deny the request prior to the first vote being cast will result in the extension being allowed.
    If granted, the extension overrides the deadline for BOTH battlers
    A No Show results in a loss and automatic sign out
    If your opponent fails to show, you must still post at least 4 lines and 3 voting links for your victory.
    A title wont change hands by no show
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST THREE TIMES IN THEIR MATCH. A CHECK IN, THEIR VERSE, AND THEIR LINKS. EXCESSIVE POSTING WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES.
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST ONCE IN AN OPPONENTS BATTLE. A VOTE. ANYTHING UNNECCESARY WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, EITHER TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR PM THE PERSON.
    First battler to post is allowed to edit their verse up until the second battler posts theirs. Once the second battler posts, they are allowed to edit their verse until the first vote is casted.
    The Second battler to post cannot post more lines than the first. Doing so will result in DQ.
    Disruptive members will be banned from the league will and have their posts moved to the garbage bin thread.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A NON-MOD MAKE A THREAD IN THE LEAGUE. YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SITE FOR A WEEK. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!

VOTING RULES:
    VOTES ARE DUE SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:59 PST
    You must vote on at least 5 matches(provided there are 5 matches to vote on, if no vote on whichever battles are open) and post the links in your thread. For every link not posted you will lose a vote.
    Votes MUST be at least two lines per verse, and must have a vote casted. There is no voting for ties.
    Voting is open past the deadline in the case that I’m late starting the new week.
    Voting is open to current participants, RBL mods, and former champs. Former champs must vote on at least three matches to have their vote counted, and must adhere to the same voting rules.

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and a forum mod.

Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask me
    test
  2. wreck'n'eyez

wreck'n'eyez Custom Title User

test
  3. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

I'm doing 12. Working on em now
    test
  4. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

You're not dope. So why even proclaim Pro?
    Your wreckreational drugs doesn't consist of any cocaine flow
    Ur not spittin' insane bro. We don't look into what you wrote
    we read your verses like your name..with eyez outside the quotes
    really though, I'm uninspired, exceedingly
    cuz you're more than a Squared guy. And plus you'll need that third power just to equal me
    thinking you're a smartass? You're bout as dumb as two knats
    You've civil rights to this win, but voters like "Eyezenhower you gonna do that??"
    Ya too wack. It's even privilege that you're getting nameplays
    You're just an extra in this RBL scene...a no name who's never seen the mainstage
    This place=Illuminati. And your style, I don't condone it
    We have to sacrifice something for the league to prosper, so why not my current opponenent?

blahhhsphemy..
    test
  5. wreck'n'eyez

test
  6. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

I'll give ya 10 p.m. Central...since you been just lurking the thread
    test
  7. wreck'n'eyez

this is an easy win for me, ya skills aint where they need to be
    cuz the only dudes that have trouble with Gramur... are here illegaly
    when the votes come pourin in, you're expected to get hammered
    but i think you might Excel... cuz it's the only thing that pays attention to Gramur
    back to back nameplays, n those 4 lines will get me the W
    its funny how a gram is about 4 lines... before ppl turn their nose up
    this dude's a chump, so place ya bets cuz im rapin this boy
    n they way i rearrange ya set u'd think i was a shootin a remake of Troy
    your not in my lane, not on my level, not even the same division
    im outta your league dawg... and after this L your gonna be outta this one
    me win battle.. you no like and go cry like little bitch boohooin
    ...... i know thats not Gramatically correct cuz i don't like losin

goodnight
    test
  8. Resilient.

Resilient. .. . ..

Gramur - Nothing special. Flow was okay. Nothing spectacular as far as rhyme scheme and structure went. I will say that Eisenhower line was clever. Definitely could have been the line of the match with some re wording. The eyez outside the quotes was okay. Cool concept but needs some re wording.

Wreck - Opener killed it. 2nd 2 lines were good too. Not feeling the next couplet, though. Remake of Troy line was cool. Better flow than your opponent. Through some nice digs in there. Your best line was the opener, though. Line of the match definitely. Good shit.

Vote - Wreck'n'Eyez
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

Gram:

thinking you're a smartass? You're bout as dumb as two knats
    You've civil rights to this win, but voters like "Eyezenhower you gonna do that??"

vs

wreck:

this dude's a chump, so place ya bets cuz im rapin this boy
    n they way i rearrange ya set u'd think i was a shootin a remake of Troy

this was a tight battle. wreck's opener is a played concept vs Gram, but he flipped it pretty nicely. to me the line about turning their nose up was dope as fuck, but the set up was pretty bleh. shoulda said Dub instead of W. liked Gram's eye out of the quote line the best out of his verse. all in all, i think wreck edged this.

vote- Wreck
    test
  10. BarZ.

BarZ. Over Everything

gram

really though, I'm uninspired, exceedingly
    cuz you're more than a Squared guy. And plus you'll need that third power just to equal me

This place=Illuminati. And your style, I don't condone it
    We have to sacrifice something for the league to prosper, so why not my current opponenent?

wreck

but i think you might Excel... cuz it's the only thing that pays attention to Gramur
    if u said somtin like Word you might Excel.. would've been doper.. but cool

your not in my lane, not on my level, not even the same division
    im outta your league dawg... and after this L your gonna be outta this one

Vote - Wreck

Both had some good lines.. Wreck had the harder hitting punches... but that NOSE UP line was fresh... good battle..
    test
  11. the marshall

the marshall New Member

vs

nada

I dont think Gram tried in this battle, i;ve seen him do WAY better. But Wreck's 1st few bars were okay. He takes it easy.
    test
  12. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Gram: a mix of "decent" punches and "okay" punches but aside from the 'eyez outside the quotes' punch, most of them weren't set up too well... I like your style though; you might just want to consider putting a little more time into your verse for fine tuning.

Wreck: Your verse was fairly basic but what separated it from Gram's was that your punches were set up/worded much better.... Thought your last two couplets were "meh" but everything before that was solid.

This battle was a lot closer than the votes will make it out to be- similar styles but one was just executed better.

Vote: Wreck
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

this battle was much more in line with what i'm used to in regards to style. makes for a much more readable match. still, you both fell short in talent. the punches were weak and the setups were forced, in most cases. i see issues in every thread in regards to votes and its troubling to realize the new standard of "dope". for instance, tacky quoted a line that didn't even rhyme with its setup—the W/nose up. in what world does that rhyme? i mean, the punch was a decent idea, but again, executed poorly.

gram, you haven't gotten much better. it's been like 2 years, and you haven't gotten much better. i applaud you for sticking with it and keeping this as a hobby, but damn. i remember when i first started doing "text" and i immediately improved my skill level and continued to progress as the text arena evolved. doesn't seem to be happening any more, and maybe its a result of a lack of talent. the best of the best bottom feeders will stand out amongst a pool of bottom feeders. in just reading two matches, i see now that it's not fair for me to be here. overall, i didn't like your verse. as stated, the style was more in line with what a verse should look and read like, but your punches/content is not up to par. weak punches throughout.

wreck, i'd say you were just slightly better as a result of better ideas behind your weak punches. but, all in all, still weak punches throughout. mostly bad execution and shit that just didn't work for me. the troy line, for instance, which keeps being quoted—what about that is dope? it doesn't even make sense. i mean, i get the rearranging sets and movie/film reference, but the use of Troy makes no more sense than the use of any other movie title and the line itself is just weak. rearranging sets is not clever. nose up line was the best single idea in the match, but terribly executed. hell, it didn't even rhyme. just too much to complain about. i like being positive, but it's a tough week.

vote - wreck'n'eyez

hopefully, people take my criticism to heart and work to improve.
    test
  14. wreck'n'eyez

Yea, the w/nose up line.. As I was typin it, in my head I was sayin dub but for some reason I typed W... I dunno why lol I could've edited it but I hate doin that after I post, seems cheap

But it is whut it is
    test
  15. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

Well Q I really didn't try hard this battle, but I mean, if you have that same opinion towards some of my other verses where I actually tried, then I'd agree with your statement. But the last impression is what matters I guess lol
    test
  16. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

And I just recently came back some months ago...btw

You can move these posts, just had to clarify since you obviously haven't been around
    test
  17. Tacky Jones

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.