Week 4 -RSTL The Magazine-

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, Apr 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Support The Open Mic

Check Out The Four Horsemen Collab
    http://board.rapmusic.com/open-mic/...demi-god-noble-t-c-numann.html#post1061950416

[​IMG]

Table Of Content
    1. Introduction
    2. Week 2 Recap
    3. Battle of the Week
    4. No-Show Shine
    5. Predictions
    6. Topics
    7. Interview

INTRODUCTION
    I'd like to see voting be a top priority for everyone this week.. Attendence is getting a little better.. Hopefully that will continue.. and we have decided to go to something closer to the original format for this week.. Topic wise.. So I know that will make most of you all happy.. Just keep dropping fire like most of you all have been doing and show up for your match.. If for some reason you dont think you will be able to show.. Let either Me, Nasty or T.a.C know and we'll see about working something out and making sure everyone is in a match that can get voted on.. Thank You..

Recap Of Week 2

.:pain:. Vs The_K3

1 of the 2 contendership matches from last week.. Two seriously dope verses but hardley any love from the voters.. Sad really... Pain takes it 2-1..

rocket vs Guttso

Another dope contendership match that recieved no love.. Guttso wins 2-1..

Joro vs Blitz_Krieg

Joro seemed to overpower a talented but inconsistant writer in Blitz last week.. I expect Blitz to take this L and come back with some ether this week.. Joro wins 3-0

Ace Tha Prophet vs T.a.C

Real nice matchup.. T.a.C came in to show Ace that he was not afraid of the former champion and came with a solid verse.. It just wasnt enough to edge out Ace.. Ace wins 3-1

Crimz vs Restproof vs Burd

Burd and Restproof No Show.. Crimz Wins..

Magic Johnson vs Got Life?

Double No Show

Battle of the Week​

.:pain:. vs The_K3

vs

No Show Shine

Crimz

Predicitions in Bold

[CHAMPIONSHIP].:pain:. 3-0 vs Guttso 3-0
    [CONTENDERSHIP]3. Ace the Prophet 2-1 vs 4. The_K3 2-1
    5. rocket 2-1 vs 6. Crimz 1-1
    7. Blitz_Kreig 1-1 vs _KDP_ 1-1
    9. T.a.C 1-2 vs 10. Soull 0-0
    11. Nu'MaaN 0-0 vs 12. Master Peace 0-0
    13. Scatterboxx 0-0 vs 14. Insense 0-0
    15. Insanevillan 0-0 vs 16. nom dillinger. 0-0
    17. L. Kross 0-0 vs 18. Discreet 0-0 ​

Topics

Going a little old school this week. We’re going to show why this league is called a storytelling league. Basically, for all the new people, write a story to go along with one of these choices. The choices are the title for your piece, make sure to include it. The choices are:

Intruder

Bombs Away

Silent Screams

Her Curves

Bottle of pain killers

Success is a bitch

Greatest story ever told​
    test
  2. Interview With The_K3​

Ace the Prophet
    First off, what's your real name, age, and where do you live at and all that good stuff?

The_K3

Haven't been asked that since my cyber sex days
    but real talk my names Kevin McInnes I'm 19 years of age
    and I currently reside in B-Town, Ontario which is just outside of
    Toronto and has brought you the talented likes of Michael Cera (Arrested Development, Superbad, Juno), Shawn Ashmore (Iceman in X-Men) and comedian Russel Peters.

Ace the Prophet

Haha, word. What's your education like? You in college and all, got your degree, or just kickin it and working?

The_K3

I graduated from Harvard with honours and currently I am working as a CEO in a multi-billion dollar corporation. Nah playing I went to college for a semester for Media foundations but got kicked out I been on and off working since I was ten now tho. I'm Livin Pretty bummy right now LOL.

Ace the Prophet

What's life got in store for you?

The_K3

Hopefully like a walmart what will be in-store for me will be almost everything imaginable, food, furniture, guns, and all that. I'm not really too sure what I'd like to do with my life but I try to make everyday count and have some fun with as corny as that sounds.

Ace the Prophet

What got you listening to hip hop?

The_K3

Two different things really, growing up my dad was a huge fan of hip-hop although with the change from party music to the gangsta type genre my mom wasn't the hugest fan (She made me throw out my Wu-Tang clan poster in grade 4 :( cause their music advocated violence ). Grew up to the likes of Wu-Tang Clan and N.W.A. to start. Can't forget Vanilla Ice on Teenage Mutant Ninja turtles Go Ninja Go Ninja Go! Then DMX, Ludacris, Eminem, and the return of Dr. Dre fueled my love for hiphop while others listened to Britney Spears and Blink 182.

Ace the Prophet

Who were your favorite artists when you started listening and how do they compare with who your favorites are today?

The_K3

When i first started listening to hip-hop my favourite artists were Method-Man and anyone in the Wu-Tang clan basically. Sean Price is in heavy rotation now. When Eminem blew up I also got into Big Proof of D12 who has been a favourite of mine for years. As well as Royce Da 5'9. Method Man still classifies as a favourite for me and has done songs with all these artists coincedentally so the only real changes would be the increase in lyricism and evolution of production I guess. Also the content. Different era.

Ace the Prophet

What got you to start writing and how long have you been writing for?

The_K3

I first started freestyling in grade 5 but i always used to make rhymes but on a more poetry level. I was exposed to it for a while freestyle fridays was big and in grade 8 it got really popular again after 8 Mile. After that in a few years in Grade 10 I started writing in science class and then after school and in others after a life changing event destroyed any motivation I had for education. I continued to write for years and kept improving as I expanded my horizens. I try to write a 16 a day and have roughly 300-500 verses So i guess to answer the question its been 5 years.

Ace the Prophet

If you could jump on a track with any artist, living or dead, who would it be and why?

The_K3

Big Proof, always seemed like a chill guy to be in the booth with and could make fun of any situation at hand. He possesed alot of talent and had many different topics covered from government conspiracy, being raised in detroit, his life, to more light content like drugs, bitches, and partying.

Ace the Prophet

Whose style do you like the most of your favorite artists?

The_K3

Sean Price every day. his stop and go delivery with funny ass punchlines always gets me hype as well as the comedical gangster person. The brokest rapper ya know been killin it for years with incredible wit and skill.

Ace the Prophet

What online leagues have you been in and how successful have you been in them?

The_K3

This is my first text league other experiences I've had were a tournement on dmusic years back as well as a text diss to somebody without a mic. I always thought text battles were lame especially with the corny ass writing like ILL GAT~SMACK YOUR~ BACK ~FOUR times MORE then a dyke~CAT~fight~MATCH you'll be SORE

The topical league is something worth writing for. No offense to the text battlers out there I'm sure some of you are good.

Ace the Prophet

What's your take on the new RSTL?

The_K3

So far I'm liking how it's run although the voting has been low on the turn up tips but the ones that have been done seem fair and just. The no shows are lame too. Magz been cool.

Ace the Prophet

In your mind, who are the top writers in the league?

The_K3

Every rappers got an ego so obviously I gotta say me but if anyone else I gotta go with pain. Most consistent I've read thus far with a nice style.

Ace your on-point your self and I think T.a.C. and Joro are both looked at as underdogs but we will see a rise from them as the weeks go on.

Out of those, who is most likely to become the champion at the end of this season?

With my loss -_- I'm gonna have to go with pain.

Ace the Prophet

Anything else you would like to add?

The_K3

IDK about anyone else but voting on the weekends is killing me. That's when most shit for me ever pops off. And everyone keep up with the good writing and voting that has so far. Keep a look out for me K3 aka Emcee Innes cause I'ma monster!

----------------------------------------------------------------
    Ace's Thoughts

So there we have The_K3 in a nutshell. A young writer from Canada in the league with something to write for. He's definitely a head to look out for this season. And when asked for a final quote, no matter what the quote was, K3 gave me this:

If life gives you lemons, throw them at good charlotte

I think that's something we all could agree with.
    test
  3. Master Peace

Master Peace coolest nigga yo mama kno

Man....I hate this weeks battle topic.....oh well
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

sorry. were going to be doing the old school format for a couple weeks, then idk, prolly some more video collabs and shit
    test
  5. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I went from getting no recognition at all, to being considered the best writer in the league.

How the hell did that happen?

Yea, I like how this new league is goin' :).

Lol seriously though, I don't even consider myself one of the best, but I sincerely appreciate the props...
    test
  6. xX_NASTY_Xx

xX_NASTY_Xx Guest

the mag was written by a different person last week
    test
  7. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

Haha, word. It's good to see people's opinions of who's on top in here. Everyone's got the different taste. Would be cool to see the power rankings up again and all
    test
  8. Ace the Prophet

Ace the Prophet A Prophet to the Game

PS- Noble, I'll keep gettin weekly interviews for ya, man
    test
  9. Just try to get'em to me before the mag goes up.. usually sunday night..
    test
  10. The_K3

The_K3 ^Secksi^

that was my bad wasnt home sunday
    test
  11. Insense

Insense take one...

lol, i was thinking the same thing....like wow, people saying pain is the best now haha. It's only funny to me cause I remember when you first got here...and i still say my mags were the best back in the day when i was MOD of RSTL. Shit will wear you out though....
    test
  12. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

^I second that (the mag part).

Those shits were fuckin' EPIC.

But yea, I'm kinda glad no one here was around when I first started, cuz I think the people that were will never let go of the fact that, yea, I used to kinda suck, but I took my criticisms to heart and improved (or at least tried to) with every verse.

I mean, I wish I could go back and face off against all those old-timers. I lost to Rikoshay by ONE fuckin' vote like three years ago, still became champ. But yea, I'd love to face guys that crushed me too like Tali, Claus, Vern (who I did eventually beat, but only in a three way match), Vigil, Jesus I could go on for days...
    test
  13. pac_4ever

pac_4ever New Member

Yea the topic aint great,and lol at Brampton.
    test
  14. Insense

Insense take one...

Yeah those mags were fucking huge, and really me and whoever else MOD'ed the RSTL then only did it because people love reading about themselves, or daydreaming about themselves being talked about. Which in turn, motivates people to join the league/show up for thier battles...maybe ill try to get back into it if i can actually manage to stick around a little bit.
    test
  15. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

someone remind me to show up for my match, i'm signing back in.
    test
  16. Got Life?

Got Life? Resident Megalomaniac

mags aren't that hard to do homie.
    i would know.

btw, i can't seem to post in the sign-in thread, so someone sign me in.
    test
  17. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

good stuff. i like some of the names i see in the league. i still plan to join as soon as i get more time. i refuse to be another no-show or half-assed verse.
    test
  18. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

oh, i'll also come back if we post pictures to write to again.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

and l dogg's going to burn your house down when he finds out you let GL? into the league.
    test
  20. T.a.C

T.a.C Guest

its going to be different every week. next week were going to do quotes, the next week im plannin to do pics. then prolly back to video collabs. its going to keep changing
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.