[week 38]... of the RSTL Mag by: LyricalPriest

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by lyricalpriest, May 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Week 38 of RSTL
    [​IMG]

Intro
    Verse of Week/Champion Interview: IamBent
    Match Re-Caps
    Predictions
    Outro
    Eye Candy
    Welcome to Week 38 of the RSTL. This Week was the START of the "RSTL" resurrection.
    "Operation RSTL resurrection". Was established by T.a.C. and a couple other league
    member's on 5/04/11.. Since then we've had a stimulation in growth, and that is very
    inspiring and motivating as well. I tip my hat to the new sign in's and want to welcome
    you to the RSTL. I HOPE your experience here is as enjoyable for you as it is for me.
    I ALSO wanted to commend DEX and DAD for blessing us this week with their magnificent
    art work and encourage them to stick around and bust some textcee's off with some more
    of them narrative skill's here in the RSTL.

test
  2. lyricalpriest

Week 38 RSTL CHAMPION & Verse Of Week award goes to IamBent!!!!

LP:First thing's first are you KRS-1? For some reason I'm convinced you might be...

Ha! That's the sound of da BEAST! but no seriously, I am NOT Krs-One. I think if I was I would be teaching at Harvard or the Temple. But I'm a big fan, have been since 2000, Lyrically he is not like WOW such as Em and Nas and all that, but his versatility, delivery, hype, knowledge, its everything any emcee strives for.

LP:I've noticed you ever since you joined both leagues a few week's back, and I got to be honest, I've seen you do better and better each week.. Do you think we'll see a plateau anytime soon, or is this ride going to continue to get a lot more interesting?

Ha well I took a loong hiatus from writing rhymes, like 5 years, but decided to check out the scene and get back in the habit. I really wanna get better at song craft, and learn the ins and outs of putting tracks together. as far as a plateau lol i look back at my old shit and think "wow I was ILL wtf" so i just want to be consistently GOOD now at stories, topics, AND battling. and keep it fun

LP:I see you around the board in other forum's and you come off as a very intellectual guy, real street savvy tho too at the same time.. what type of philosophical saying's do you have to inspire the member's in the RSTL?

No doubt. i have a blast on RM, not just the text forums. Your best lyrics are deep inside you, waiting to come out. That's why you gotta write. Don't fear running out of lyrics, or writer's block. Something brought you to write, so trust that, its not gonna run dry. Each of us is a being of light, and light, through the prism of language, refracts and bends and splits into every color of the rainbow. Also, sometimes what you write will seem wack to you. This is a good sign. And spit your bars to find the emotion, hear it out loud. and like Krs SAys...

[​IMG]

"Never Forget... Rap is something you DO.. Hip Hop is something you LIIIIVVVE"

LP:You are very dedicated to the league and much appreciated as well from the staff and hopefully the member's as well.. Tell me a little bit about the writer's in this league that you notice and want to commend?

Yo this league has deep roots. I recommend everyone search back and see how popping it was! I think it can be like that again. CK knows. he's been holding it down. Tek knows. I wanna commend Lyrical Priest alot for coming back and really repping hard. How can you sleep on Shadow, who has 24 wins for crying out loud that alone deserves a free tshirt at least. i give alot of props to TaC it can be kind of different to go from the aggressive and strange land of battling to .. this poetry here lol but tac has alot to show us, its like he's a whole different writer between here and the battle league. And of course Fairy Dancer is a breath of fresh air for me everytime I read, cuz her perspective is real different. Also a big welcome to the "new" people, Dex and Dolla, although they already dropped fire, im looking forward to Dex' next drop.

LP:Thank you very much KRS-1 ... I MEAN IamBent one last question. Are you going to stick around for the tourney at the end of the season and if so, do you intend on champing that as well?

LOL damn my nose aint that big. Yes I do plan on sticking around, champing it would be an honor, cuz i respect every writer, its like DethStryque says, "any given sunday" lol even sweeter if we get like 20 more names in here lol.

Congrat's On CHAMP status
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

Verse of Week:
    By RSTL CHAMP IamBent
    [​IMG]

The Verse... :

Adam
    In a city war-torn, the forlorn son of a whore formed in a womb that, suffered more scorn
    than the 4 horsemen, whose dark hooves crushed corpses in a storm that, terraformed sin.
    She contemplated abortion, but instead forced him to exist in this world of misfortune
    This was his portion, but he's wanted more since, hence a knife is the bright sword he wars with
    Craving a slice of the pie, Hated by guys twice his size, he made them look right in his eyes,
    You see, his LIFE is a fight, so any plight where he might live or die could never heighten his fright
    or lighten his might, a titan despite the lithe frame, featherweight packed more freight than a night train
    His birth right stained, insult his mother? his face flushed with bright shame, never let his pride tame,
    His bride came from the same rough stock, a dame with tough talk and gruff coughs
    from smoking too much, pox strolled in her lungs like thugs on rough blocks, she kept a gun cocked
    But rare shot the clips, post-apocalypse, bullets were scarce as food, drugs, good air, confidence!
    Skyscrapers blazed, the stone monoliths were the lone obelisks of the cold consequence
    caused by supernatural armaments, but since no one lives who remembers the causes, its
    All nonsense, SHIT, no reasons, only survival fits, feel the rifle kick as the motorcyle quits,
    In the midst, of nephilimic predators who once didn't exist: There was a book with evidence,
    That predicted this terror since the ancient times, but only a page survived
    The flames that bathed libraries with sages baked alive, If He and She escaped this ride,
    He might take the time to explain the lines inscribed by the sacred scribes...
    But now, he lets hatred rise, He takes his knife the same way Death would raise his Scythe..

[Eve]

The blaze engulfs and grazes skulls with flame halos, Nephilim wrestled him, nestled in gray robes
    Her aim, low, blew the knees out of these louts, she screams out (a meek sound) with each round
    Can't believe how quick his blade spins, she loves him, she hates him, she takes in with
    Breath abaited, waiting to save him, no need with the speed his edge is encased in,
    The demons with reptilian faces, collapsed with a crash into debris laced with, ash, broken glass
    Shiny as the bracelet her father gave her, … when she was a toddler, later, she witnessed
    His flesh melt from the lasers, from the spacecrafts bursting from a great lab, underneath
    what used to be D.C., and she hates that her last memory of the only man who gave a damn,
    is a puddle of bones and weak meat, Sweet Pea.., that moniker's gone,
    Adam grabs her, with laughter,"Babe, turn the monitors on!" (this disaster of a smashed earth
    promised her long, sleepless nights, but at least she fights alongside a warrior,
    sweeping knife, easy vibe halt what's long tried destroying her,)They both witness
    the GPS system plot their position and distance along the next mission, Shh, Listen!
    They heard the hissing of a truck's transmission hidden from their vision, It might have gas,
    so they abandoned the bike crash and ran past the blasted ruins and trash,
    Faded ads gash cracked walls like half-assed bandages, ash-the only glitter on the flittering sash
    Of a city once lovely turned ugly-after months, suddenly, Adam and Eve had enough struggling-
    And despite the advice, they took a bike in the night, rode the wastelands, deciding to fight,
    Instead of wait for death – They hesitate with fret at what appears when they stop to take a breath..

[Snake]
    Aha! These two lost globs of flesh I'll chomp off, their cause Lost, laugh crossed my bobbed jaw,
    At this bitch with a shaky sawed off, and a shrimp with a cutter for box tops,
    Who could of thought they're not SOFT?!, She pops a shot off in the wrong
    Direction, at some truck... THEN Im engulfed! by flames bright, that fill the gray night...
    But I'm not shunned, I vault, drop, Run across the blaze, its the only option..
    In a rage!! I head straight to this bastard and bitch, after this shit, They gone wish death comes after them quick..
    ARRGGHHH!!

[Adam]
    He charged for me, storming, the largest mutant transforming into a roaring fiend
    I leap, soaring, scream, unsheath, or it seems I reach for it,.. he's four inches more extreme
    Then he first seemed, my core, it teemed with trepidation as this maven is more than I've faced since
    I started slashing, ... we started grappling, he was strong but I was fast and, blade was flashin
    In a torrid fashion, struck a main vain, taste a torrent splashing, not sure if this enormous gash is,
    enough to win, guess its up to him, Oh Fuck.. punch to the gut just sucked up the wind
    Outta me, I'm down, my knee is out of spppeed...I'm barely shoutin.. "Eve"!!!

[Eve]
    I see him gasping, cock the demon stopper with the final blast and, with a passion
    Pop a steamin rocket into this would-be assassin...

[Snake]
    What tha... shit, I'm bleedin fast and... legs are numb..a damaged mouth
    My neck..so wet.. my gut's a mess of lead and smoke...Im blacking out...

[Adam]
    I catch my breath and... grab my weapon... now I'm stomping his head..
    So damn mad I stab him and break the shaft off in his chest!
    His last death throw! I flinch, but all he does is gasp a laugh, my last attack
    Leaves me puzzled as to how to handle the aftermath..

Epilogue

And so they leave, with gas for a week, to travel in peace, handle the streets,..
    As for relief? Eventually, they found a babbling stream, that rambled east to a garden near a canopied peak
    Overlooking scraggily trees, spilling to a hazardous beach, here they eat, camp and they read
    The raggedy sheet he carried in back and then she, first heard and learned
    ...The story of Adam and Eve...​

Match Re-Caps:
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

[Contender] 4. Lyricalpriest(1-0) vs 5. Fairydance2000(10-5)

FairyDance Wins 3-2

Fairydance2000 Wow's us this week with a "MESSAGE" type SOAP box Speech. I'ma let your verse do the talking:

The nature of the beast

Color, race, religion or creed
    Money, power, control, greed
    Pressure put on us from every direction
    If only we could walk past a mirror and see no reflection,
    The obvious differences stand out so clear
    Financial status, our skin and our hair
    The most powerful divider I have ever seen
    Religious devotion powered by the political scene
    I won’t ramble on about what we already know
    We are tethered to our delusions and won’t let them go
    The powers to be have recognize our weakness
    Smashed up our liberty’s left in bleakness
    We trust the hand of this land to do us right
    Keep us safe in our beds as we sleep through the night
    While the war wages on in faraway lands
    We stay nestled and warm in our great leader’s hands
    It widens the gap that is already in place
    We judge people by their color, their clothes and their race
    Racism is not blind its eyes are everywhere
    Government perpetuates propaganda with its unique flare
    Why must we be judge by what you outwardly see?
    We are deeper than that. Thinking’s the key
    Feeling warm and safe with a false sense of security
    The leader caressing our fears till’ we are lost in obscurity
    Like a fawn being cared for by its natural foe
    What is really happening? It doesn’t know
    Taking in the attention that promises so much
    Warmth, safety, a loving touch
    We feel we are safe, maybe just for one night
    But tomorrow unborn! Could bring a whole new plight
    The one who keeps us alive for today
    May turn in an instant and devour us like prey

test
  5. lyricalpriest

8. DaAlmightyDolla(0-0) vs 9. Dex Cesar(0-0) vs 10. Cereal_Killer(0-0)

CK wins 3-2-0​

I don't know about every one else but this match was the one I had my eye on all week.
    DeX and DaD both really jumped into this thing hungry to prove them selve's.. Ck had his
    work cut out for him. But I think each writer really did "they" thing this week.
    congrat's to CK on the Win..

The Morning After Dark

From the shadows of the fallen, a battle cry keeps calling
    Long after the corpses spoil and the soil’s been sprawled in
    The blood of the perished with the young we once cherished
    We’re hung and ensnared with the love for repairing
    Declaring war of course is about our land turned morgues
    But if I could change it all and risk one life would I fall short
    My sister and I frolic beneath cherry blossoms and promises
    The very essence of youth grouped together with silly nonsense
    The river cascades as we bathe and watch the clouds change shape
    An escape from the escapades our aged has arranged on this day
    I notice a Lofter Jest flying south over the water’s edge
    A time traveling creature from the deep reaches of Morton’s Crest
    I have a jam jar filled with marbles that I empty and take chase
    Leaving my sister behind, I grace the Lofter trying to escape its fate
    I stick him in the jar and tighten the lid when I hear a scream
    As I find beneath my fear is a stream of adrenaline and steam
    I reach deep inside my drive to survive and pick up a rock
    Just as I spot three vile exiles from Morton’s Crest shocked
    To see me, I drop the first where he stands, I expand and shove
    The men trying to penetrate her purity and the life that she loves
    Shattered teeth and battered dreams all on their side of the fence
    As we escape with minor bruises and cuts from my timely defense
    We descend into the village to notice spilt blood on our earth
    Our friends and family deceased with no peace as it burns
    The huts, the animals and people that we both call our kin
    Looking for survivors as we walk through burgundy blood and limbs
    We sit with our father his bludgeoned head on my lap
    And wait through the night in tears hoping our will wont collapse
    Through bright ambers lighting the sky from this slaughter
    I ponder could the Lofter take us back, back down to the water
    I’ve been told they can only work from the moment their captured
    I nap and dream of any possible way to fix this fracture
    The morning hit and we walk our path on this blistered land
    Do I turn back time to save them all
    Or
    Do I keep walking holding my sisters hand​
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

[Champ] 1. IAmBent(5-2) vs 2. ShadowWarriorfs(24-11) vs 3. T.a.C(3-2)

Bents wins 4-1 to -1

Good GOD!! this was an amazing show case for IamBent.. He really big banged it this week..
    With VOW and CHAMP status as well.. I think TaC and Shad just weren't prepared for what Bent
    did this week.. All writers' did great, but IamBent Really DUG IN and won this match this week.
    CONGRATS CHAMP!!!​

Predictions:

[Champ]
    C. IAmBent(6-2)
    2. Fairydance2000(11-5)

with last weeks showcase.. IamBent shall win this.

[Contender]
    3. Cereal_Killer(1-0)
    4. ShadowWarriorfs(24-12)

Tough TOUGH call. Toss Up, but I think Shad want's his belt back
    Shad win's this.

5. T.a.C(3-3)
    6. Lyricalpriest(1-1)

T.a.C always win's against me because he is a cheater and he his inner circle mod influence.
    TaC win's this match up.. LyricalPriest refrain's from throwing a hissy fit. this time..

7. DaAlmightyDolla(0-1)
    8. Dex Cesar(0-1)

I will have my eye on this match up.
    Dex Win's

9. Gramur(0-0)
    10. TheInkwell(0-0)

This will definitly be a great match up. I have a strong feeling gramur win's this

11. The omega man(0-0)
    12. Riot(0-0)

Welcoming Riot back into the league. and Omega as well. this will be in Riot's favor

13. Kuja(0-0)
    14. Coup d’etat(0-0)

Welcome back to two other familiar names. Coup win's this bout.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

NEWS ALERT!! NEWS ALERT!!
    [youtube]xiwi-2NQEJU[/youtube]

[youtube]zXAvgIqou3I[/youtube]

[youtube]RPvJFxpC0vc[/youtube]​

Outro:

In closing this week out, I want to Remind the People.. Remember to educate your self's
    Knowledge is key. Don't let the media fool you, stay aware, stay active, stay perceptive.
    Be a leader in your community, reach out and help those around you. The culture of hip-hop
    has a common code of ethic, called the "Robin Hood Syndrome" and that is where the Hip Hop Artist
    becomes the advocate for those that are of less intellect or of less affluence and becomes
    their voice. Give back to the world what it need's: guidance, love, symphany.. Let's end the
    war's, stop the violence and increase the peace!

The real differences around the world today are not between Jews and Arabs;
    Protestants and Catholics; Muslims, Croats, and Serbs. The real differences
    are between those who embrace peace and those who would destroy it; between
    those who look to the future and those who cling to the past; between those
    who open their arms and those who are determined to clench their fists.

~William J. Clinton, 1997

Eye Candy: back by popular demand!!

[youtube]6Y9rzbYu3ao[/youtube]​
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [youtube]PFYW6PkW5s8[/youtube]​

thank you...
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

good mag

i see you got modded here...
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

thank you shad.. yes indeedy, i shall be ur bitch!! PM if i can do anything to help out broseph!
    test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

No one tells me crap....
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

actually when i first started the mag tac mentioned that i may be modded as i was auditioning for the mag spot etc..

and then the next week he asked u can i get modded and i repped u and said "say yes or i will kill you" and then this week he dropped it in the pit
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

obviously..this was a charade so i can use my :eek: smiley....i've missed it
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

i wasa sorta feelin' like the red headed step child for a minute
    test
  15. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

LOL Fantabulous mag man

Loving the honeys

That message was real shit, imma here those vids when i get back

LOL@ Shad's smiley. its cool but where's Duane Johnson??

If ya SMEEELLLLLLLLLLLL
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

HAHAH tHanx and i feel the interview was the best part!
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

test
  18. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

when i start winning again, you'll see it lol
    test
  19. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

halfway done with my verse...I plan to take the league by storm

and keep improving...
    test
  20. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

unbelievable mag...I felt positive energy reading it. Your an asset to the league lp. good work.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.