[Week 37][Contender] 3. RicoSuave(3-2) vs 4. Gramur(1-1)

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Tacky Jones, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]
    Rules:

VERSES DUE THURSDAY @ 11:59 PST
    Line Limit: Minimum 8 lines, Maximum 40 (If opponent agrees, you may go over the line limit)
    NO BITING OR RECYCLING
    Biting/Recycling is the equivalent of a no show
    Extensions must be requested in your battle thread before the Thursday evening deadline. It is the opponents choice whether to allow the extension or not. Failure to accept/deny the request prior to the first vote being cast will result in the extension being allowed.
    If granted, the extension overrides the deadline for BOTH battlers
    A No Show results in a loss and automatic sign out
    If your opponent fails to show, you must still post at least 4 lines and 3 voting links for your victory.
    A title wont change hands by no show
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST THREE TIMES IN THEIR MATCH. A CHECK IN, THEIR VERSE, AND THEIR LINKS. EXCESSIVE POSTING WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES.
    COMPETITORS MAY ONLY POST ONCE IN AN OPPONENTS BATTLE. A VOTE. ANYTHING UNNECCESARY WILL RESULT IN A LOSS OF VOTES. IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, EITHER TAKE IT TO THE LOUNGE OR PM THE PERSON.
    First battler to post is allowed to edit their verse up until the second battler posts theirs. Once the second battler posts, they are allowed to edit their verse until the first vote is casted.
    The Second battler to post cannot post more lines than the first. Doing so will result in DQ.
    Disruptive members will be banned from the league will and have their posts moved to the garbage bin thread.
    UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES CAN A NON-MOD MAKE A THREAD IN THE LEAGUE. YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE SITE FOR A WEEK. THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!!!

VOTING RULES:
    VOTES ARE DUE SUNDAY NIGHT @ 8:59 PST
    You must vote on at least 5 matches(provided there are 5 matches to vote on, if no vote on whichever battles are open) and post the links in your thread. For every link not posted you will lose a vote.
    Votes MUST be at least two lines per verse, and must have a vote casted. There is no voting for ties.
    Voting is open past the deadline in the case that I’m late starting the new week.
    Voting is open to current participants, RBL mods, and former champs. Former champs must vote on at least three matches to have their vote counted, and must adhere to the same voting rules.

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and a forum mod.

Any suggestions or questions feel free to ask me
    test
  2. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

test
  3. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

You Are a waist of time, I could be kicking back right now drinking a 45 “Colt”
    If you feeling “loko” than ill “blast” you with the “volt”
    I have 2 hours to post my verse, and im “Clutch” so I dont need no “Andrew Luck”
    This win is “Automatic” cuz you a bitch and you suck
    I didn't grant you an extension because the only thing I like extended is my Clips
    Talk shit, it dont phase me a bit, If your “Lance”ing, Ill have this homos wrist slit
    So now I gotta battle sonny daze leftovers and ill do it with a Goodwill
    Late posting faggots like you are the reason this league has gone downhill
    test
  4. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

first of all, You didn't sign in...secondly, U posted after the deadline...gtf outta here
    test
  5. Brown Jesus

Brown Jesus Menso is for Dummies

There is no check in rule, but Rico's timestamp is late. I'll PM T.a.C and see what he thinks. In the interim, post a verse, Gram; Rico, edit in a verse.
    test
  6. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

Lol, 30 mins after the deadline... and u still haven't even posted a verse ANYWAYS... ur already a day late. If ur not going to take this at least lightweight serious then sign out... You know when ur verse is due,its the same time every week. If u don't have ur verse done then ask for an extension, its simple. I'm not going to waste my time and effort with "no show" fucks... You have been here longer than me, u know the rules.
    test
  7. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

Lmao @ Rico trying to get a win any way he can..that was some ho' shit boy

He knew he'd never win even if he was lucky as a clover
    A coward...this faggot posted when the fuckin' match was over
    This league has lowered standards, we never bred stale guys
    ^^So it's obvious, he's a burden, but my heads held high
    His rhymes aren't fire, he cracks under pressure
    So Ric Flare is non existent, unless we mean the wrestler
    I'm better for the win. So you know this lame's doomed
    His soul purpose is to lose so I'll snatch it like my name was Shang Tsung

Idgaf, keystyle. I'll holla
    test
  8. Brown Jesus

I haven't said anything is going to happen yet, but, if you want to play by the rules, then shouldn't you follow those rules to a T? From where I'm standing, you can both get no show losses, or both get the implicit extension. I will still leave the option of editing a verse open for you. I don't want to have to require check in's, that has never done anything for no shows imo. Next season will be a strict deadline with no extensions, so this problem will not occur.

Until then, we only have the current rules in place, which state:

Neither of you asked for the ext, hence it technically shouldn't be allowed for either of you. I understand you were only 30 minutes late, Rico, but you seem to want to do everything by the book. If you posted at 11:58, it would've been no question tbh.

My tentative decision is two no shows because if we don't follow the rules once, then we set a precedent. I don't want that headache tbh. Considering the ambiguity, though, I understand your complaints and would like to address them. Threrefore, edit in a damn verse Rico; otherwise, you're going to lose no matter how the matter is resolved.

I will be completely honest, I want to see a battle go down. I don't want to have to DQ you guys.

I'm hoping all this will be resolved this afternoon, at which point T.a.C or I will move unrelated posts to the garbage can thread. If you guys have any questions/concerns, pm me.
    test
  9. Gramur

Gramur Yung Troy

No Check In rule could cause a lot of problems in the future. I wasn't about to drop a verse if dude didn't even check in. But I edited in my lil 8..not wasting anymore time on a verse. You can move these posts or whatnot and get the battle goin
    test
  10. Tacky Jones

your verse was late too. get off your high horse. i'll give you until 3pm pacific to post a verse to match Gram's.
    test
  11. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

Do I have to stick with the 8 lines or can I go over?
    test
  12. Tacky Jones

you cant post more than your opponent.
    test
  13. SonnyDaze

SonnyDaze 7 train heavyweight

Rico Suave

You Are a waist of time, I could be kicking back right now drinking a 45 “Colt”
    If you feeling “loko” than ill “blast” you with the “volt”
    the references were okay. a multi-syllabic punch would've helped a lot

I have 2 hours to post my verse, and im “Clutch” so I dont need no “Andrew Luck”
    This win is “Automatic” cuz you a bitch and you suck
    decent set up, weak punch

I didn't grant you an extension because the only thing I like extended is my Clips
    Talk shit, it dont phase me a bit, If your “Lance”ing, Ill have this homos wrist slit
    *Solid, your best line

So now I gotta battle sonny daze leftovers and ill do it with a Goodwill
    Late posting faggots like you are the reason this league has gone downhill
    Okay set up, punch left something to be desired

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Gramur

He knew he'd never win even if he was lucky as a clover
    A coward...this faggot posted when the fuckin' match was over
    Not bad, nothing special

This league has lowered standards, we never bred stale guys
    ^^So it's obvious, he's a burden, but my heads held high
    Okay set up, not much of a punch

His rhymes aren't fire, he cracks under pressure
    So Ric Flare is non existent, unless we mean the wrestler
    *Nice creative punch

I'm better for the win. So you know this lame's doomed
    His soul purpose is to lose so I'll snatch it like my name was Shang Tsung
    *Line of the battle for me

Vote: Gramur... He edged on quotables 2 to 1.

I think we're all guilty of procrastination this week but let's try and get our shit together next time around.
    test
  14. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

ill vote asap, don't close yet.
    test
  15. Brown Jesus

So much for moving the chatter... my bad.

:scared:

I don't have time for a full breakdown, I'll give it to you guys (pause) in the Mag. Generally, I think Rico needs to flesh out his punches a little more; sometime they seem random, e.g. the automatic line. I think the setup could've set up a play with driving; at least, that's what I thought you were going for. Lance line was cool, like SD said, your best.

Except for your second couplet, I was diggin the verse. Closer was cool; again, like SD said, line of the battle.

So this was battle of the quotables and Gram edged that out. Good battle, guys.

Vote Gramur
    test
  16. RicoSuave

RicoSuave New Member

test
  17. Tacky Jones

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.