Week 33 [RMPL] UFC on FOX 7: HENDERSON VS MELENDEZ

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Apr 18, 2013.

1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I actually had Cormier, not Mir picked to win in that fight. Idk what made me miss that in the above quote. I also had X-Man winning his fight, and he won. Being an ardent lover of Olympic combat sports, I was all over Romero since he got his silver medal. He won, too. So overall, I still won way more than I lost. But I let that Mir thing slip by me, when I meant Cormier. Hahaha, too much multitasking.

Since everyone I know has been pressing me about this, I wanna say it here: I think Jones beats Cormier. I don't think Cormier is well rounded enough in the striking department to win that exchange, I don't think Cormier can match Jones' fleet, savvy footwork. I think Cormier can and will get Jones down, but I don't think Cormier will be able to finish Jon.

Bones Jones wins by decision.

I am still surprised at the lack of adaptability shown by the Diaz and Gracie camp. Hey guys...somebody get on the horn quick and call Ernesto Hoost and the Vos Gym. STAT. You guys need wholesale kickboxing, pronto.

Somebody get on the horn quick and call Dr. Rhadi Ferguson, and The Olympic Training Center. The Scrap Pack needs a major dose of world class MMA oriented Judo and technical Olympic caliber wrestling. STAT.

Smooth, btw, should call Tokey Hill. As I've been saying for over a decade, and as Anderson Silva, Anthony Pettis, Bones Jones, Smooth, Luke Rockhold, Michael Venom Page [ MVP ], Louiseau, Edson, and several others prove...most MMA guys are sitting ducks for Olympic caliber TKD kicking combos. Tokey Hill, and coaches like former USA 2012 OLYMPIC TKD Head Coach Juan Moreno and Coach Patrice Remarck [ current USA OLYMPIC TKD HEAD COACH ] are exactly the people to take his skills to another level.

Smooth could also benefit from intensified Greco training. And lots lots more boxing training. And somebody doing something with his hair so it doesn't fall in his face during fights.
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Nice to see you !
    test
  3. LungZzZ

You going to start predicting again Deth?
    If so I'll count you 2-2 for this card :D
    test
  4. LungZzZ

WEEK 33 UPDATES ARE FINALIZED!!

Check out our home page, YOUR RANK may have changed!
    test
  5. DethStryque

whassup yo, I'm in.

Why doesn't RM give us email notification to responses in our threads?
    test
  6. LungZzZ

I think that's actually an option,
    maybe you have it turned off.

Ask @GaLaTeA though she would probably know more.
    After throwing up the Week 34 thread you'll be taken off the in-active list!
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Checked user cp/edit options, but only found e-mails can be ticked to be sent for PMs & visitor messages...not sure if I missed it or that specific function isn't there..

Paging :)scared:); @L u c y & @Plekz
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

test
  9. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

sorry that option isn't available atm - it's one of a couple of things being looked though.

(thanks Gal)
    test
  10. dodson495

dodson495 Life is Good

I looking forward to Henderson dominating again
    test
  11. LungZzZ

Henderson did not dominate that fight.
    I look forward to seeing Gil fight some top UFC names,
    and Ben fighting again THOUGH :D
    test
  12. DethStryque

I want a Smooth-Melendez rematch to shut down the chatter. And I want a Smooth-Pettis rematch. That would be electrifying...and something completely possible, if Pettis wins vs Aldo...something Pettis can DEFINITELY do.

For the record? I want Aldo to win that fight, even though I really don't want Pettis to lose any more fights. But if Pettis loses to Aldo? Aldo challenges Smooth and we get Pettis vs Edgar for the BW title, so...we fans win no matter what.

Yo...why isn't anyone hollering about how the women are just SMASHIN in the UFC and Invicta and just STEALING EVERY SHOW THEY ARE ON?

Okay. I wanna see Tate vs Carmouche. I am very glad to see Cyborg back, and I lean toward Cyborg>Ronda in a scrap. I want Sarah McCann to get it in, along with long time warrior who doesn't get her props...Rosie Sexton.

Michelle "The Karate Hottie". Remember The Name.

Check this out...a whole set of crazy dope women are coming. The current best pro female boxer is on her way [ straight from the Jackson Camp, no less ]. And if the USA's very own gold medalist female MW Olympian boxing champ can graduate HS and get herself settled in college? She's a possible beast.

Jordan Burroughs. The best MMA Welterweight up to his time, come 2017. We'll definitely claim that he's better than GSP [ love me some GSP's skills and intelligent approach. Die haters, die! Lol... ]
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I have to admit the women fights are a lot better than I thought they would be.
    test