Week 3 RBL Rankings And Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

There's no secret forumula too a good verse. If there was, this would be pointless.
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Absolutely true.Poetry and music have long established that there are 15 total categories to a powerful quality verse,and that's it.It's not even hard to vote on.It's quick,you just vote the categories that you see in the verse and leave the others alone.The more categories you see? The more powerful the verse.That's all there is to it.Maybe 5 minutes to vote.MAYBE.
    test
  3. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

good luck.
    test
  4. Blue Bayonet

Blue Bayonet Member

I've dropped
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

good point made.. but let's be honest... a few dickary votes only showcase that voters ignorance.. so basically what im saying, be carefull how you vote, because it can be used against you, the superior lyricist of this league see u, and will root u out.. and expose u.. so, just keep in mind, our voting process is almost more important then the verse process.. it's in our biasness we let down all our gaurds. im keeping good tally.. u swaggots is in my scopes. there is no more hope for you rope-a-dopes.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

just dropped.. i have a feeling spacecowboy will be no showing now.
    test
  7. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

tweedle Dee, tweedle dum
    test
  8. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

This whole thing is kinda ridiculous. I mean, come on, voting almost by defintion consists of what YOU like. You and everyone else will always look at there votes and think "this dude is sick". It's natural. When it comes down to it a "bad vote" is really just a vote against you that isn't worded in the form that makes you feel like a "superior lyricist". Dudes dont get that you're supposed to drop punchlines that even the weakest rapper can relate to. And when you drop mad paragraphs about how ALL the voting against you sucks, it doesnt help your cause. People dont look at that and think "i wanna vote for that guy".
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

r u serious?
    test
  10. DethStryque

I have NO PROBLEM with your opinion man,but I also have to say:

Idk which posts you're reading and grasping the meaning of,but they're not mine.Your votes on battles has to include what YOU LIKE, but good voters and good votes require...REQUIRE...you to appreciate ILL SKILLS that AREN'T WHAT YOU PREFER.My football analogy is way better.Offense sells tickets,defense wins championships.Some peeps like Offense,some like Defense...but those that KNOW LOVE LIKE AND ARE GOOD AT FOOTBALL LIKE BOTH.They know a good defense and/or offense and special teams,even if they have a preference for something else.A good QB will tell you if he's facing a good defense or not.A good punt coverage unit will tell you if they're facing a good punt RETURN unit...nevermind their PREFERENCES.You guys are recommending one sided votes steeped in ignorance ("If I like it,it must be better" as opposed to "If I like it I PREFER IT but it might NOT be BETTER") and conflating IGNORANCE with PREFERENCE.For instance,I prefer lyrical styles with stacked rhyme schemes.Does that mean that I'll vote against a verse that lacks intricate rhyme scheme but has murderous straight ahead punches over someone who has intricate rhyme scheme but lacks punches? Nope.Too many heads think that punches>rhyme scheme.THAT'S IGNORANT.The REAL and KNOWLEDGEABLE answer is RHYME SCHEME RHYMES PUNCHES,NOT JUST "NON-ATTACKING WORDS".

And if people look at posts like mine and think:"I wanna vote against that guy"? That PROVES my point. You should have your votes based solely on LYRICISM,and NOTHING ELSE.Problem is,most heads DON'T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT LYRICISM TO VOTE ON LYRICISM. They vote on their NARROW PREFERENCES ONLY.A Raider diehard will NEVER vote for the Broncos or San Francisco 49ers unless somehow or other they can help the Raiders.That's EXACTLY what narrow ignorant preferences do.I don't prefer TaC's style,and vice versa.There's no way in the world that I would vote for someone else--say,Rapper "x"--over TaC if TaC dropped the doper verse cuz I know LYRICISM.Yall are justifying voting AGAINST him cuz I don't like his style,even though he wrote a better rap than Rapper "x".I ain't down with that and never will be.
    test
  11. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

Punches win battles. Get used to it.
    test
  12. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Lemme disproove your theory right here Deth..
    This is a vid of My Nigga Verse From Harlem verses Jin the Emcee...

Lyrically? I feel Verse is LEAGUES above Jin... But battle wise??? YOU judge:

[youtube]P1uPaObnkpI[/youtube]
    test
  13. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

bronzeatlas is undefeated?

i may have to find time to sign up.
    test
  14. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

maybe i'm tripping.
    test
  15. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Stay Out Q

;-)~
    test
  16. DethStryque

PUNCHES ARE LYRICS.Get used to it.So when you champ punchlines (which I champ too...punchlines are the meat of battles period) you miss the fact that head crushin punchlines merged with cold vocab impeccable flow intricate rhyme scheme incredible creativity stupid metas ear pleasing sound manipulation etc. is better ALWAYS than just head crushin punchlines.That's the difference between being a LYRICAL MC and just a RAPPER.

test
  17. lyricalpriest

riot.. it'd be one thing if jin's punchlines were mediocre.. but they weren't.. you gotta be saying some crafty ass shit, if your going to ignore the basic techniques of lyricism, let alone against a artist that uses technical techniques of lyricism..

the ol predictable drop shit like terds line isnt bout to stand up to the

u cant drop the undroppable stop the unstoppable heads shot's will leave ya bed rocked
    like aba daba doo...
    test
  18. DethStryque

good point.but also and more importjantly: PUNCHLINES ARE PART OF LYRICSIM.Lyricism does NOT=RHYME SCHEME. All the 15 categories of quality rap TOGETHER=LYRICISM.Eveything else...punchlines,flips,metas,whatever...is PART of LYRICISM.NONE OF THEM ARE SEPARATE FROM LYRICISM,BUT LYRICISM TRUMPS ANY ONE CATEGORY.
    test
  19. Quriosity

Quriosity Moderator

lol. i don't have the time anyway. which is why i never got around to bringing the league back.

nor the interest. but good shit.
    test
  20. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Bronze, you know its a new person trait to think people are naturally voting against you. I know I used to. I've seen dozens of new members do it.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.