Week 3 RBL Rankings And Lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BPtheDon

BPtheDon Yeeeeeeuh

'the fucks this?

Sent from Wherever The Fuck I Am At The Moment using Tapatalk
    test
  2. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Polar, Get The Fuck Out, LOL.

I Like Your Idea Nibo, We'll See.

I Want to give it a couple more weeks before I make any changes.
    test
  3. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Que es tu Hablas primo?
    test
  4. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

test
  5. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

oh fa sho venny, ima do dat definitly.. im hella upset i lossed to mrjdm last week, both battles, unfortunatly only a handfull of people voted.

yo riot we need to get more voters, i think people should be deemed as voters and non participant's that way it can eleviate any biasness or agenda, and help the battles get more votes.. see if any innercircle pit bosses got time and interest in doing this.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

ayo venny, i don't have My AIM DL'd to this laptop i gotta get my laptop back from my brother. gimme a few hours to see if i can DL it to this comp.. where do i locate ur aim address?
    test
  7. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

It is.

And since everybody has suggestions mine would be to eliminate the lightweight division all together. Some of those Lightweights can hang with middleweights, easy.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

he got a point.. the only reason i chose light weight was bc i wanted easy comp.. but light weight and middle weight are pretty close in caliber.
    test
  9. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

I just think that lightweights will never improve by battling each other all the time. You gotta have cats that you have to "step your game up" to. otherwise its monotonous.
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

ya.. riot can put me in a higher weight class if he see's it fit..
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

im sorry, but im bout to murder the fucking keyboard this week... LoL.. hopefully space cowboy don't space out and NO show, seeing as he has before..
    test
  12. MADD ILL

MADD ILL WhO WaNt It!!!!!!!!

whoever the first voter pics thats who everyone else is going to pick because they dont feel like reading the verses and really voting.Thats what i think but oh well im not going to bitch and sign out..That voters prefrence is some bullshit if a nigga got bars he got bars no matter what your preference is...cause i damn sure dont vote for niggas just cause they rap the way i prefer if he getting his ass kicked he getting his ass kicked...Niggas need to stop being gay...
    test
  13. Extreme Venom

Bottom leftside below the post count...

<<<<<-------- somewhere over there

test
  14. Siege.

Siege. WHOOPSY DAISY

Yeah, it's called sheep voting and only faggots do it.
    test
  15. Riot

Riot The Dark Hero.

Not going to go away with the lightweight class.

I'm keeping for now to be a "drop" class, so for those who continue to lose they will

drop class, if the lightweight division continues to be thin only then will I go away with it.

as far as voting, hopefully people will vote correct, I know some have different taste

but when their is a clear cut winner and people are voting the differ, then there is an

issue, and if that continues I will have a Committee of voters where if they see fit

they can change the outcome of a vote decision, Again, hopefully it does not come

down to this, but I don't want this to become a league where people just drop a vote

because either someone above them voted on that particular person so they did the

same, or where people just vote because of someones name.

I will keep a close eye on this, but for now it is okay, lets just make sure

everyone reads each verse before dropping a vote, and vote on what YOU believe

is the better verse.
    test
  16. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Let's not forget the looming presence of the circle-jerkers i.e. people who vote for each other and against whomever until they are facing each other; and the people who get votes based upon popularity.There are also votes cast purely based upon literally benign ignorance,and there is a simple objective classic good fast method to rectify this.

The lyrically superior verse should always get the nod.ALWAYS.Not just the funnier verse or the verse with the illest rhyme scheme or the verse which cusses the most or has the most gay jokes.The LYRICALLY SUPERIOR verse should ALWAYS get the nod; there is a specific objective unvarying way of determining this which includes EVERYONE'S preferences AND the real world determinants of quality lyricism.Absent this obvious and simple guide,votes will continue to be skewed and screwed to some degree.Whether maliciously done,honestly expressed or not.They will in some degree be incompetent.Always.Period.

"That voters prefrence is some bullshit"--MADD ILL.

^^^Truth.
    test
  17. Extreme Venom

Yall ni99az is Crazy if you think your gonna be able to tell people:

"So what you think he dissed me so good it made you laugh, you WILL vote on me cause my Lyrics were better!!"

Fuckouttahere...

Sheep Voting, where one person votes & everyone follows is indeed Gay..

Voters Preference Where People vote on the Verse they Feel won & Why.. Is not...

Dickrydin' will probly always happen now..

it ain't 1999 nomore, I seen that dickrying shit take root sometime after 2002 when ni99as did more hook ups chatin' then Battling lol...

Keep eyes wide open & look for peoples dickryding Patterns & call'em out.. tis the only way that can be fixed..
    test
  18. D-MONIK

D-MONIK Active Member

Lyrically superior verse doesn't necessarily get the nod these days

and it has been like that for a loooooong time, if one person attacks their opponent than the other that person will probably win, simple as that
    test
  19. DethStryque

Missing the point.Dissin someone so good that you laugh IS GOOD,IT'S IMPORTANT,IT SHOULD BE ACKNOWLEDGED AND APPRECIATED...but THAT'S NOT ALL THERE IS TO QUALITY RAP.If there was a voting guideline with HUMOR as a category? Ole dude would score well IN THAT CATEGORY.But if a verse that made you go HAHAHA faces a guy who's verse made you go DAYAMN plus a few HAHA'S,the verse with the HAHA's and DAYAMNS win.If the HAHA'S and DAYAMNs are equal in number or CLOSE to equal,it's WHAT ELSE IS IN THE VERSE THAT CARRIES THE DAY.Lyricism isn't just comedy,dawg.If you don't see it,fine...but it shows that your preference makes you myopic.Bar nigga,for instance,can flat out spit.He's funny too,but his bars are lyrically ill.GSUS,GFORCE,GEN THE GOD,JACK,SEVERITY and a bunch of others (sorry for missin your names) including YOU,Venom,can spit.But quality verses aren't rhyming versions of a standup comedian's act,rap verses BY DEFINITION ARE LYRICAL and therefore the SUPERIOR LYRICIST ALL AROUND SHOULD WIN.Only underdeveloped lryicists fail to see this.If you play football and your pass game is sicc? YOU'RE NOT THE BEST FOOTBALL TEAM.You may have the League's leading PASSING OFFENSE,but YOU'RE NOT THE BEST TEAM.That's what you,Venom,and Heart Cloaker are talking about: talented but limited teams.The latter is what MAD ILL,myself,and many others are talking about: ALL-AROUND TALENTED SKILLED TEAMS AND SUPERIOR LYRICISTS.

The Packers at one point had the 16th ranked offense and defense in the NFL.They were balanced and made across the board improvements.Result? SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONSHIP.The Steelers had powerful defense,ball control offense,but needed help with coverage in the nickel dime and flex defense,plus they needed O-line help.Result? They went to the Big Game and played hard...but didn't win. This is EXACTLY how rap verses should be judged.YOU GOTTA HAVE ALL THE ELEMENTS AT THE PROPER POWER LEVELS TO WIN.And that's it.
    test
  20. DethStryque

You're post seems to imply that you might think that lyrically superior verses don't attack their opponents.That is patently false.Lyrically superior verses by definition contain superior power levels of the main rap categories and oftentimes include MORE categories DONE BETTER than their competition...THAT'S WHY THEY'RE LYRICALLY SUPERIOR.

I agree that lyrically superior verses aren't given their props,and that's something that needs to be corrected in the worst way.It's why the underground,for instance,will FOREVER be superior to the Industry.The Underground is deeply in tune with the true skill art and culture of hiphop,the Industry is NOT.It's like IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE SAID:

"...cuz if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck
    it just means that a million people are stupid as fuck."

That's it and that's all.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.