WEEK 25: (R.M.P.L.): UFC on FX 7.-BELFORT. .vs. .BISBING-.

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

yeah wow I didn't even catch the shirt until now.
    I WISH I picked that guy man,
    I almost felt like he was going to win,
    but I had NEVER seen him fight and wasn't sure what type of fighter he was.
    MAYBE next time I'll check fighter Highlights.
    test
  2. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Well Tavares is no slouch so it was never a given either way. I got the vibe to change my pick only because of the balls on the guy. He wasn't about to get bullied in there so even if he lost it would've been a battle.
    test
  3. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Yep!!

Probably...unless Rashad can be enticed into the ill-advised decision to fight Anderson presuming he beats Lil Nog, which I think and hope that he will. I think Rashad would have more problems vs Anderson than he did vs Jones, and I think Anderson will stop Rashad in 4. I hope Rashad decides to hold on until Jones climbs up to HW at this year's end, and then runs for the LHW title probably vs Machida in December.
    test
  4. LungZzZ

^there are news articlesa out right now quoting Rashad saying he could beat Anderson,
    and would love the chance to fight him before his career is said and over.

Though I can't disagree with your opinion at all,
    Rashad should be a good fight for Anderson if it happens.
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

my picks have been sucking ass

sucks for bisping being eliminated from the title picture from a guy who has already had one and a lhw chance the fight before.

jones is not moving up in weight anytime soon get that out of your head. those chicken legs wont help him against the big boys
    test
  6. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Rashad is hands down the biggest money fight for Anderson, and the kind of fight that could answer...or set up...alot of questions about who is best between Anderson and Jon Jones if Anderson annihilates Rashad in 2-3 rounds.

But Rashad should stay at 205. Win the strap. And make Anderson move up to challenge for the strap, if he turns aside Machida [ he will ] and shuts down Gustaffson and other ole dude from Strikeforce.
    test
  7. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Upping this for the news that Thiago Tarvares popped hot in the post fight tests. Suspended for 9 months.
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i love how the ufc suspends people for an amount of time that they wouldn't be working anyway
    test
  9. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

The best part? After all that speculation and denial they finally said Vitor used an "approved" TRT regimen. So Tavares pops hot and gets suspended but Vitor is free and clear because he filed the paperwork properly. Sometimes this sport disgusts me.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

TRT is allowed though. I was just talking about this though thanks for the update
    test
  11. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

TRT is only allowed within specific amounts and only with a prior approval by the commission in which the event is taking place. TRT is what Marquadt was released for and TRT is what got Overeem suspended.

However in Brazil, there is no commission. The UFC acts as it's own commission there (and anywhere else Internationally where there isn't a Governing body presiding over Combat Events). Which makes the whole thing sketchy in my opinion.
    test
  12. LungZzZ

I'm pretty sure it was known Belfort uses TRT though,
    so it isn't crazy to know he went out and got a contract to be able to do so.

You think Chael stopped using TRT against Anderson the second time around?
    He just used the regular amount.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

TRT= diet steroids
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.