||WEEK 20|| R.M.P.L.|| UFC 154 Prediction Thread!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Nov 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

Hey whassup! Gotcha MENTION thing, bruh.

Oh man. This is a hard one. I think that Condit is a more serious threat to GSP than most people seem to think he is. To me? GSP has shown vulnerability to strikes and has a yet unexploited vulnerability to mobile, quick, rangy, combination throwing, accurate strikers. Shields cut him, BJ and Thiago landed some too.

But GSP beat them all. Cleanly and clearly. And I don't see that Condit has an answer to GSP's takedown game. I see this being a serious thing if Condit can resist being taken down repeatedly. But Condit has a wicked bjj game, so it's gonna be no picnic down there.

At the end of the day? I can't see GSP losing. Even though my younger brother says that the WW division would probably be better off if GSP lost. Because if--when--GSP wins? Who else is out there that's an ACTUAL threat to him? And if GSP cleanly DOMINATES Condit? The WW division will be in a state of total dominance like Anderson has the MW division. I mean, nobody will beat GSP or Anderson. Well, nobody will beat GSP until Burroughs gets his second gold in 2016 at the Olympics in Brazil, then he smashes everyone in the WW division and becomes the new champ. That's all.

Lemme take the time to look at the other names on the card...I only recognize Kampman, Hendricks, and one other guy on this card off top..and then drop my predictions.

EDIT: Okay here are my picks:

GSP, COSTA PHILLIPPOU, FRANCIS CARMOUNT, HENDRICKS

Carmount fight? kinda touch and go there, but he's a GSP training partner and I like him, so...]

KAMPMANN VS HENDRIKS? I WANT KAMP, BUT HENDRICKS IS MY CHOICE.
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

Is it? I guess it would be...I think Bellators champs from 180 lb and lower are more credible either way.
    test
  3. LungZzZ

Nick Ring vs Costa Philippou @ Middleweight.

Supposedly Nick Ring pulled out of the fight today with an illness so this fight in particular will not count.
    test
  4. krowe23

krowe23 New Member

Gsp
    Kampmann
    Carmont
    Hominick
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

GSP
    kampmann
    carmont
    Ring-- picked him cuz hes a hometown cat
    homminick

now dont tell me this shit started at 10 am again lol
    test
  6. LungZzZ

Nope. You better catch this one too ya' cunt our homeboy GSP is fighting :D
    test
  7. brodeezy

brodeezy take this fuccin neg

test
  8. LungZzZ

Yes sir, I mentioned it around noon bredge
    test
  9. brodeezy

Rofl, this is the only site I picked Hominick on. Don't know why I did it; I even put money on Garza on bodog.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

test
  11. Makabreli

Makabreli done

not really lnp, but the solid tried and true wrestling strategy. It's expected, he was a great wrestler.

but now that he realizes he can hit hard you gotta worry that he's going to become another koscheck.
    test
  12. Makabreli

Makabreli done

lol, m1?

bellator's got the spike deal, which a lot of people still associate with MMA. They're going to inherit a LOT of casual fans. Trust.
    test
  13. brodeezy

Lmfao.

M-1 is HUGE in Europe and Russia. Bellator is bigger in North America, sure. But MMA didn't begin and it doesn't end with the UFC lil guy
    test
  14. Makabreli

Makabreli done

...which is why we're talking about Bellator.

If M1 is so huge in such big markets, why are all of the stars turning to other companies? why are they headlined by unwanted guys like aleks and monson? shouldn't they shell out money for more than local talent and castoffs?

MMA still isn't all that huge in Europe, but the only company worth mentioning really is KSW. at least they have talent the UFC is unable to wrestle away whenever they want. m1 has a ton of people that gladly come over and lose on strikeforce undercards whenever called.
    test
  15. brodeezy

Whaaat theee fuuuuuuuuhhhh.

You don't understand much eh. Stars in Russia are MUCH different than Stars in North America. Go watch M-1 Challengers 35 that happened the other day, look at how full the stadium is and listen to how loud they cheer for the "unwanted talent" there.

You've been too influenced by the Zuffa owned companies my child. The Emelianenko brothers are household names in Russia. They're like your Kobe Bryants in America or Gretzky's in Canada. You call them 'unwanted' in Russia, you'll probably get maimed.

But do you not remember Monson fighting DC not that long ago, that guy that everyone is hyping up to be the next big thing? DC wasn't able to finish him or even really hurt him and Monson isn't even a power striker.. DC was just too scared to grapple with him.

Also, M-1 is like 15 times the size, if not more, of KSW.
    test
  16. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

lulz.

Literally did not get a single pick right.
    test
  17. Makabreli

Makabreli done

oh? the paying crowd stayed awake during the event they paid to see? even showed enthusiasm? i guess you got me there.

Fedor I can understand, but if Aleks is Gretzky in Russia than Russia is screwed.

wait, what does this have to do with anything again? So he lost but didn't get killed? Impressive. Give the man a 7 figure contract.

yet the fighters of m1 will fight on the undercard for a little over ten grand, while KSW fighters laugh at UFC contracts. KSW >
    test
  18. DogMeat

DogMeat New Member

Not that it matters but i felt Lawlor got robbed
    test
  19. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Same here.

So did Canada.
    test
  20. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

terrible fight

decision was almost as bad

carmont did nothing at all

home cooking is one thing but when the people you cook for boo, you're fucking up
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.