WEEK 18 of the [R.M.P.L.]{UFC 153:SILVA vs BONNAR}!!!

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by LungZzZ, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Silva
    Nog
    Glover
    Fitch
    Prado
    Meia
    test
  2. LungZzZ

LungZzZ Well-Known Member

2 members yet to predict. Thanks for the participation everyone.
    test
  3. LungZzZ

:lol:
    test
  4. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Silva
    noguiera
    teixeria
    fitch
    davis
    story
    hopefully sicilia
    trinaldo
    dont give a shit about the others cuz im prolly late, take the ones im not late for
    test
  5. LungZzZ

Sick fights! good timing BUST!
    test
  6. LungZzZ

Congrats on the H.O.F. prediction as well!!!
    (Hakim)
    test
  7. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

wtf was herman doing last night? Also I respect Bonnar for going out there and going for it. Seems like Silva is never finished learning new tricks.

Can't believe people were doubting Fitch on this. One tie and one loss and you may as well be bottom tier.
    test
  8. LungZzZ

your just a fool for that last part, :p
    but Bonnar disappointed me.
    test
  9. LungZzZ

Check the 2012 RMPL thread for the updated record and ranks.
    There is a tie in the ranks for the first time in AWHILE.
    test
  10. LungZzZ

Post-Fight

Dana's Thoughts
    test
  11. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

good point on fitch

but silva was looking like a wrestler killer

this shows how much better a grappler fitch is than brenneman

also silva severely lacks fight iq

spinning back kicks and jumping front kicks vs fitch is just amazingly stupid
    test
  12. Storyteller

Storyteller .:Your Fav. Mc's Idol:.

^^this is true
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

At first I thought Silva was being funny.

Then I realized bonnar had no chance with silvas take me down If u can defense.
    test
  14. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Silva probably anticipated Bonnar wanting to press him against the fence. I bet he trained with Nog and other fighters larger than him figuring out strategies against the fence. There's no way Bonnar would have been able to shoot for a double takedown in that position either.

In fairness, Bonnar doesn't have nearly the takedown skills or the reflexes of Sonnen. I didn't exactly see Bonnar being able to mount nearly that kind of offense despite the fact that he is much larger and actually has a reach advantage on Silva.
    test
  15. LungZzZ

Anderson sitting on the fence like that was epic.
    test
  16. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

What Anderson did was more than epic, my friend. It was the emphatic signature proof of G.O.A.T. level dominance over a rugged, solid, never-say-die kinda guy that Bonnar is.Anderson is sooo good that it's terrifying.

And being that good could put you in a very uncomfy position. Ask prime Roy Jones Jr. You're so good that there are less than 3 people that the paying public will pay big money to see you fight.

Basically, Anderson can only fight a few people for real money:

Jones tops the list

Rashad Evans

GSP

that's it.

Everybody else? We'd watch cuz it's Anderson. That's all.
    test
  17. LungZzZ

test
  18. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

That's a great point too. I actually would like to see Rashad vs. Silva if the other two wind up not happening. Stylistically Rashad COULD plausibly beat him, though he wouldn't be the favorite to win. But the believability that he could beat Silva, and the on paper skills that Rashad brings to the table along with his instant game changing power and speed (both of theirs actually) could make for a very on the edge of your seat type of fight with two elites. I know Rashad is one of those guys people love to hate, but he like Edgar or Hendo has fought bigger guys than himself his whole career including his Heavyweight days.

Right after that Silva performance, I know people are thinking that he is invincible and that Belfort fight although extremely dominant with that little scare at the beginning has got people thinking Jones couldn't pull it out, but personally my money would be on Jon Jones beating Silva, probably via UD.
    test
  19. OrdinaryNy

OrdinaryNy New Member

my niggy Silva look like KEM lmao
    test
  20. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I do not want to see Rashad fight Anderson Silva, not really. I am a serious fan of both guys, but when you match them up? Anderson is too much for Rashad.

Rashad is quick and explosive..for the LHW division. His striking is a pittance when compared to Anderson's MMA striking supremacy, and defensive wizardry. Rashad will have to rush Anderson and plant Anderson on the ground...and keep Anderson there. Nobody can do that to a healthy Anderson. And Anderson is a genuine bjj blackbelt. What alot of people don't know is that Rashad is a dangerous bjj man himself, vouched for by no less of an authority than the Judo Olympian and bjj world silver medalist, Rhadi Ferguson. And the man who gave Rashad his black belt...Rolles Gracie Jr. Remember, Rhadi Ferguson has rolled for years and beaten or given a very good accounting of himself vs most of the top submission practitioners in the world.

Is Rashad Evans A BJJ Black Belt - YouTube

But. With that said? Anderson rolls with Jacare...and doesn't get tapped. Very few people can say that. Names like Roger Gracie, Maia...those names...are on the very short list of people who DON'T get tapped by Jacare.

On top of that? Rashad has more to lose than Anderson. Anderson has a Titan's grasp on the MW title and a undisputed tyrannical dominance of the MW division. Rashad--as much as I love him--can't beat Jones [ Rashad is overly reliant on his right hand, and doesn't vary his boxing enough or move his head enough ] and would have to turn back Machida, Gustaffson, and Cormier to get and maintain his hold on the strap.

Machida and especially Cormier would be very difficult challenges for Rashad. I can actually see Rashad probably beating Machida in a very close match determined by striking to takedown dominance [ it's still scary because Rashad hasn't really mastered the art of keeping his larger opponents--Machida is about 230 when he's in the ring, those other guys are about the same size or bigger, Rashad is about 220 --down on the ground for extended periods of time, every round, like GSP does. On top of that, Rashad has to continue to augment his gnp and submission game...as Cormier will get Rashad down and Cormier CAN KEEP YOU DOWN, due to his tremendous Olympic pedigree and skill ], but it's such a toss up; and personally I like all of the guys I mentioned.

If I were to place a bet as to who will emerge from the pack as the LHW Champion? I'd say Cormier. I don't see anyone being able to keep him from taking them down and keeping them there. Cormier would have the hardest time with Rashad, but...he should pull off a MD vs Rashad.

We've seen this fight before. Rashad is a faster, more explosive, better striking, low and high kicking version of Hendo. But Anderson is too quick, too explosive, too accurate, too immaculate in every area of the game. I see Anderson shutting Rashad down in 3-4 rounds.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.