[Week 13] [Contender] 3. Breathless(7-5) vs 4. Coup d'etat(1-0)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Apr 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM PST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent. Failure to acknowledge an extension request results in it being granted.
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default. A no show in the tourney will result in elimination.
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 4 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory. A failure to post voting links will result in a loss.
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Monday @ 8:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you still must vote on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match!!! You WILL lose if you dont.
    •Voting is open until matches are closed. Deadlines are flexible!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

test
  3. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

its odd, how even though the numbers never seem to add up
    all a' this becomes almost sequential once the math's done
    exactly, that's what I've been tryin to get at most recently
    with mismatched messages, set on static frequencies
    it's a fact, sum of all the parts equal half of what this needs to be
    subtract what ones'll fall apart, but keep holdin' 'em needlessly
    take a look-see through the peephole of indecencies, those we know so peacefully
    a comatose convenience, these egos we've conceivably
    overdosed on ever since the first second of conception that let us think an' breathe
    we're sinkin' deeper, an' someone needs to reach out an' be the teacher
    breathe the ether, rise above the previous overseers and lead the grievers
    I'd be the Guy, but, I don't seek believers...

God didn't want me to figure all this out through human logic
    but I'd rather be a profit for the planet than one God sent.
    honest, why would I want all a' this gone? huh?
    there's knowledge in this concept, without right there isn't wrong

without life, there isn't loss, but... without loss there isn't life
    it's the cost, the price to die and live, and all a' this combined
    from the smallest to the widest, it's your fault, we bought the title with the deed
    to survive and succeed, thrive by all means
    but we each need to die in order keep bein' alive just to leave
    we've gotta fight, we've gotta bleed, we've gotta be nice, we've gotta breed
    we've gotta be just like the thing, divinely intertwined in a vital weave
    from primal screams of violence to the silence of rival dreams
    the tidal seas that rise and breach the beach divides give drinks to dried up irises
    it's the heightened sense that lets us cry and smile at the same time
    the rights of death in spite of lessons left by our ancestors under flame light
    but if its me you wanna blame, fine... I'll see you on the wayside

God didn't want me to figure all this out through human logic
    but I'd rather be a profit for the planet than one God sent.
    honest, why would I want all a' this gone? huh?
    there's knowledge in this concept, without right there isn't wrong
    test
  4. breathlesss

test
  5. Coup d'état

nice verse breath, ill be posting tonight
    test
  6. Coup d'état

neo

Don't you know ?

I'm that Swisher Sweet blunt, wrapped.
    Six foot deep, out back rollin' spinal taps
    One eye dank; My other eye sportin' pirate patch
    Hour glass strokin' late, eatin' crazy scooby snax

...Drum line pulsatin' out old harmonic flow
    Rewind ? Beats bass booms like ole dominos
    Boy's all fading soon, zero pharmaceuticals
    Doe in season, Bambi's dope ?... Dear: magical,
    Oxygen is now premium, laughin' over chemicals
    Seeing is believing, I see dreams being physical
    On it again, down periscope chasing rabbit holes
    Wow, Alice is my miracle...lickin' em' pink popsicles
    If she axe nicley, I'll give her ice scream reciprocal

Dawg,

This trip, be up on my bacon pan somethin' electrical
    I'm wired like ten jackals pacin' past the paradoxical
    Again, I'm that swisher blunt, done crashed all obstacles

Please...fix me.

[​IMG]
    test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Breath - I have to say, the rhyming in this piece was really good and smooth. The flow of the piece was good as well. Like i said before words like math's isn't something i like seeing because it seems like an inappropriate use of the a apostrophe. Still, the read was enjoyable. I'm not sure what topic you chose but i did find this to be entertaining. Nice work here

Coup - lol nice use of this topic. Besides some spelling errors like nicely (you said nicley) it was actually very enjoyable. It was short and too the point which is good in some places and with this topic it was nice. I know you are doing the 16 lines max thing but i believe that there will come a time where that might bite you in the butt. You don't have much time to really develop a story much. Still i found the piece enjoyable.

This was a hard match to vote on. Both did well but i think Coup's verse was better structured. Breath's lines were longer than they needed to be. For example, "but we each need to die in order keep bein' alive just to leave" This could have been "but we each need to die in order stay alive, to leave" This, to me, is cleaner to read. Still a nice matchup

V/ Coup
    test
  8. breathlesss

shad, listen to the audio... everyother line was "stretched" to keep the 4-5/4 timing, and math's....wtf that's the contraction of math is.... if I wouldn't have said it like that it woulda thrown the flow off...
    damn it, either bitch about proper English or the way it reads... you can't have it both... this is hip hop, phonetics over ride booty toity wording

http://board.rapmusic.com/rapmusic-...shadowwariorfs-9-3-vs-2-theinkwell-3-1-a.html
    test
  9. TheInkwell

TheInkwell New Member

breath:
    first i want to say (in the nicest way possible)... no one here cares what you did before/during you writing this piece, nor do we care how long you spent on it. just post the verse and be done with it, you have talent, you don't need excuses..

Solid rhymes throughout. This was more of a stream of consciousness type of piece. You did a good job at executing that, but still keeping it on topic (which i'm assuming was one of the God ones coup posted). This was shorter than your usual pieces, and the reduction in length really worked in your favor. you're right about the "math's" deal, you used it properly. though i disagree and think you CAN have proper English and have a piece read well.

coup:
    At first i was wondering if there was a topic about getting high that i had missed. and then i saw the picture. lol. This piece was clean and precise. The topic itself wasn't a tough one. for any piece involving getting high, all you really have to do is write well... anything. but that doesn't take away from your piece and you did a good job portraying the state of highness. i do agree with shad though. short verses are great, but they also have their limitations.. but i know you can pull off longer verses if you felt it necessary. I've been trying to nitpick and atleast point out one thing i didn't like about everyone's verse, but you really did well with this one so i got nothing for you.

both writers did a good job, but coup had me grinning as i was reading it, especially that second stanza and I'd say overall it was a better piece.

vote- coup
    test
  10. patrown

patrown student for life

Coup:
    got a kick out of the flow. I'd like to be able to toy with words like this.
    u busted out the indian avy for "lickin' em' pink popsicles" tho...I'm thoroughly amused.
    but following that with reciprocal's, amusing as it was it did kill the flow a little bit.
    I didn't really get the walked along a story feel I was hoping for honestly, but the way you worded it was grade a.i liked this piece but, I miss your narrations. (i.e. "lil story)

breath-
    after making my decision i did enjoy hearing that clip.
    thanks for posting it.

after reading over a couple times i took this piece's message as something similar to, "Too much Truth, not enough Religion." basically felt
    we've gotta be just like the thing, divinely intertwined in a vital weave
    from primal screams of violence to the silence of rival dreams
    the tidal seas that rise and breach the beach divides give drinks to dried up irises
    it's the heightened sense that lets us cry and smile at the same time
    the rights of death in spite of lessons left by our ancestors under flame light
    but if its me you wanna blame, fine... I'll see you on the wayside

sums up the message. not taking into consideration the human struggle or the rare need to commit the "unforgivable sin" of killing a man specifically.
    enjoyed the flow as a whole, I've gotten used to your contractions and long bars.
    if i could give advice in the form of an observation.. I'd say, those long bars did not look too hard to form another bar. i almost felt like messing with it a bit myself. great as it is though.. didn't see any flaws.
    this part killed it especially though.

a comatose convenience, these egos we've conceivably
    overdosed on ever since the first second of conception that let us think an' breathe
    we're sinkin' deeper, an' someone needs to reach out an' be the teacher

/v breath- it's strange both pieces had the same undertone towards drug use.
    it was more prominent in coups, but with the message just one part of breaths piece, I just felt the entire message a little bit more. this was a hard one for me.
    once i understood all of what breathless said, I have to give it to you breath. nice piece, nice flow.
    test
  11. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.