Week 11: Start Phillip Rivers or Tyler Thigpen.

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Konflikt, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Konflikt

Konflikt ●○●○●○●○●○●

I pretty much have my mind made up. I'm going with Rivers. But two of my friends are talkin up Thigpen, urging me to start him instead, based on the opinion that Rivers might struggle against a Pittsburg pass defense and Thigpen may potentially have a very good game against the weak Saints D.

I just picked up Thigpen, partly because Bulger is a joke and I didn't really want anyone else to pick up Thigpen.

Input please.
    test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Thigpen has had a 103+ QB rating...im starting him this week against the Saints..hopefully he does well.....I can't trust Eli against the Ravens
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

The problem with playing Rivers is that he's goin up against the Steelers, who tend to get to the QB and force mistakes(if i recall Jason Campbell threw he first INTs against the Steelers)
    test
  4. wtf

wtf hot sicka than yo average

it's going to be a game time decision for me... i'll be attenative prior to sunday kickoff time
    test
  5. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Larry Johnson is back for the Chiefs. Don't expect big passing numbers from Thigpen...in fact just start Rivers. The Steelers defense is good but that's mainly against the run so Rivers will probably put the ball up alot. No telling if that's a good thing or not.
    test
  6. Nitsuj™

Nitsuj™ We Are The Resistance

Yeah. If I had any number of quarterbacks instead of Rivers, I'd think more seriously about using Thigpen this week. But I cannot forsee myself benching Rivers.
    test
  7. Thoughtz

Thoughtz Well-Known Member

Peyton torched the Steelers D last week

I'd say take Rivers...cuz like dude above said LJ is back, so he's gonna get 20-25 carries which they were only giving like 14-16 to Charles

so that's alot less passing
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

LJ is terrible.....FYI....and LJ hasnt played in a while soo i doubt they're goin to ride him this game...Expect a pretty even display and if Tyler stays consistent early....LJ will fade(unless they establish a lead)
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.