Week 1 rbl rankings and lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

Bwahhhaahahaha
    test
  2. Extreme Venom

Extreme Venom Well-Known Member

your a trashbag anyway.....
    test
  3. Severity.

Severity. New Member

Maaaaaan...shit is frustrating.

The difference of opinions on these battles is startling. Like nobody knows what good, rich, complex, sharp lyricism is anymore. Shit is disturbing.

I'm not even saying my shit was brilliant this week (though I'm winning), but some heads are all "the multis & concepts were heavyweight tier" to "these cats shouldn't be in the heavyweight division". Everyone's an expert and knows what you need to do to improve your writing, and then you read their shit and its awful, lol.

There are archives of great text battles...there shouldn't be this much discrepancy on what an effective verse can be.
    Biotch! You wish you had a phone like mine...
    test
  4. Severity.

Severity. New Member

TaC didn't vote against me, ass hat. Plus I'm winning anyway. The suggestion that I don't belong in the Heavyweight division is why I said he's an idiot. Get your facts straight before you try calling people out.
    You'd lose to me in a battle anyway.
    test
  5. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

test
  6. HeartCloaker

HeartCloaker Winter is coming

Damn, TaC going in on you fuckers. "you dont" DAMN! He's saying you don't! No activity ass mother fuckers, you dont.
    test
  7. HeartCloaker

test
  8. HeartCloaker

Well why don't you tell me wa's good? Wa's real good?
    test
  9. Tacky Jones

lmao. i like this guy
    test
  10. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

So from now on I'll not vote on any battlesbecause my opinion means nothing or something? Idiot. And you don't belong in heavyweight.
    test
  11. Ja¢k £an†e®n

Ja¢k £an†e®n Spirit of Vengeance

favoritism? no. if you're implying that you should've won, then you're an arrogant prick. you're aight, i'll give you that. but you're not THAT good. all you've done since the first vote in our battle was explain why you're better than me, try to convince people why they should be voting for you, and try to tell people how YOU would've written their verse.

now you're throwin a tantrum because things aren't going the way you planned.

are you serious? you really have to stop this self righteous, holier than thou bullshit.

what you should do is humble the fuck up and take notes on what niggas are telling you.

you're not perfect. you're not the best. learn. get better. get revenge.

that's what this league is about.
    test
  12. Ja¢k £an†e®n

Ja¢k £an†e®n Spirit of Vengeance

.. :funny: ..
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

Man, its a trip. People like smitty reminds me of me when I started. Its like role reversal
    test
  14. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

I don't agree with much of the criticism levelled my way but I can glean something of worth from the posts and hope to incorporate them into my next round,which will probably be against jack. I've been in plenty of text battles and I know that sometimes you get jerked (happened to me one time so famously that Jai-Z quoted it in our battle).I also know that sometimes text heads are jerks but they may say something of value that can be added to your arsenal or your approach.Everyone has different tastes but Severity is dead on about the fact that a good verse shouldn't be so hard to decipher.Imho not enough people include enough comprehensiveness in their evaluation of the categories that comprise a quality verse, thereby showing their lack of versatility...which breeds a mindset of inflexibility and intolerance toward another lyricist's work.I can see plenty things worthy of praise from smitty,Severity,Jack,etc.I also see things that I would critique,but if I say anything I tend to do so via PM.This public scathing commentary imho is completely unnecessary.Say what you gotta say to the man himself and don't holler it from the mountaintop unless needed.You can disagree without being disagreeable and critique without coming off as a insufferably snobbish know-it-all.Same approach should be used in public threads requiring public votes.

Compound this with each site's specific preference,and you have people who emphasize aspects of comprehensive lyricism over other aspects or neglect entirely whole categories (like demeaning flips in a text battle which to me is senseless or ignoring sound manipulation or not distinguishing between multis and rhyme scheme,etc.) But I won't argue the points;I'll just attempt to add whatever slant or emphasis necessary to my next verse.There's no doubt in my mind that I can will and do have what it takes to perform at the very highest levels in whatever environment that I'm in; I just need to learn the ins and outs of said environment.RM has different tastes than other sites (duh) but I think something of value can be gleaned from my time here.So I'm gonna get that "something" and work the hell out of it,then I'm out.Outro.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.