Week 1 rbl rankings and lounge

Discussion in 'Rapmusic.com Battle League' started by Riot, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HeartCloaker

HeartCloaker Winter is coming

No one's voted on mine but it's after the deadline, can I still edit my verse?
    test
  2. DethStryque

DethStryque DethStryque theInvincible

that was the best verse I have seen from you so far.I was hoping that Sun would make it for the deadline so we could have some competition.Notable elevation from your battle with smitty to your verse with Sun man.Much more on point punches,clearer and sharper focus.You clearly were bent on doing harm and imho you got a "victory" merely by empirically demonstrating a clear elevation in your lyrical craftsmanship.Props yo.
    test
  3. DethStryque

You know what? I thought that Jack v Smitty would be the coldest matchup of the early gooing in the first round,but I was somewhat disappointed.Both guys didn't bring their A-game,which still is better than at least half the battles I've seen so far.Most of the 1st round battles had a distinct tilt in favor of the eventual winner,as the eventual winner cleanly outperformed the loser...but both Jack and smitty have funny disses and Jack's sig seems to indicate that he works with more consistent creativity.I expected a knockdown drag-out but instead got a pretty good sparring match,like the guys were warming up and will get hotter instead of coming out firing on all cylinders.That's why I think that there should be a 2nd round.All of us would come out firing harder and more fully warmed up in Round 2.

I understand that,actually.I wasn't really warmed up for Gramur myself,but I think I dropped a pretty decent verse.And you guys need to go vote on my battle too.
    test
  4. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Ey Heart, I gotta say I have a lot of respect for you. Popping up in a random thread shows you did your homework
    Posted via mobile device... from my mobile home.
    test
  5. MajorZ3r0

MajorZ3r0 Zer0

test
  6. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

Y'all niggas for real are hilarious. Week one and there is mad beef. I think I will stick around.
    test
  7. Ja¢k £an†e®n

Ja¢k £an†e®n Spirit of Vengeance

if i vote but don't post links will i be charged? i hope not cuz that's what i was planning on doing.

just wanted to give you a heads up.

yea, i'm a rebel like that.

*crip walks*
    test
  8. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Just post links man, it's easier for the people running shit.
    test
  9. Ja¢k £an†e®n

Ja¢k £an†e®n Spirit of Vengeance

test
  10. smittyrhythm

smittyrhythm you love 2 hate me

test
  11. smittyrhythm

Im content with my verse, I dont see how it couldve been any more direct with what material I had, his name and his military status. I honestly dont think there's anything I would change about it, especially with my first four opening bars. I take pride in writing verses that arent obvious and juvenile and make you have to really THINK about what's being said to understand. When I get votes from people that 'clearly' have difficulty translating, Im flattered. That means I did my job right. It is, however, annoying at times.

\/
    test
  12. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

You haven't done your job right if people don't understand your punchlines to be honest. The idea is to let people enjoy your verse, not force them too work hard to enjoy it. Not everybody will get every reference. Like in LP's, there was that thing about some white woman getting shot. How the fuck am I supposed to get that? I've heard nothing about it. Doing that with every bar just alienates the reader imo.
    test
  13. DethStryque

I agree with the first part of this post,but not the second.One's meaning should be pretty clear and enjoyable,but at the same time the readers should have some basic facility and comprehensive knowledge expected from literate people.You should know something about education,politics,vocabulary,pop culture,science,and all the stuff we study in school--the school with the blackboard and the school of the streets.

That part about "some White woman getting shot" is likely LP referring to the ARIZONA SENATOR and the 8-9 people who were shot along with her,including the murders of a beautiful 9 year old girl and a conservative federal court of appeals judge by some completely deranged lunatic who should die by iron maiden torture,as far as I'm concerned.This story has been national news of the first order for weeks now.I'm surprised that you haven't heard of it...and if you have heard of it? I'm surprised that you didn't make the connection.
    test
  14. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

He just described it as some white woman, so I had no diea what he was refering too. Obviesly you can put in references, but if nobody understands your line, it's not a good line in my opinion.
    test
  15. DethStryque

I'm not quibbling about DIRECTNESS,you seem to be pretty consistent there.I mean there's a gold mine of punches in his military service alone; and unless I bring a special level of dislike from you when you battle that's absent from your other battles? I would have expected lotsa disrespectful things from you in your verse that wasn't quite there.Your verse was cool,it just wasn't as horrific as I expected.It was a bitch slap instead of a Michael Myers murder spree.Nobody wants to get bitch-slapped (and Jack slapped you right back,lol) but you can survive a bitch slap.Nobody wants Michael Myers or his ilk pointing the business end of something bladed at you.Feel me?
    test
  16. smittyrhythm

I respect the people that serve. I have friends and family that serve. I didnt think it necessary to over-kill the subject, as long as I applied punches that were original, creative and that applied. 12 bars is limited space. I wanted to write something that you wasnt going to 'get' if you just sped read it without any serious thought or analysis. I didnt want to write something that was obvious and 'clear' as you said, I do not agree with that statement. If you dont understand my punchlines it is YOU as the reader that is not doing your job right. It isnt my duty to make sure you understand whats being said, though I have taken time to do so on more than one occasion, that is your own responsibility.

I think the harder you have to think about a verse, but once solved the statement is clear, the better. That is what cryptic writing and complex wordplay is all about. That is the style I prefer, why I have the signature that I do and I dont expect to get alot of recognition for it, because god forbid if people have to think too hard.
    test
  17. DethStryque

^^^^^I absolutely HATE to say this,but...this battle is the best battle I've read onsite.It's the best battle hands down period in text that's all.It's better than 90% of the audio battles onsite.Middle finger for that,smitty.You too,Freeze.I dislike having the title of "best battle onsite" taken from me (Deth v smittyrhythm) and I dislike even more having to be the first to fully and completely acknowledge it.

Just for that? I gotta battle each one of you.3 rounds.AND I gotta find a partner to tag team battle you guys as a team.3 rounds.Eff yall.Lol.

Props and respect.You deserve it.
    test
  18. BronzeAtlas

BronzeAtlas ...

Could all ya'll niggas keep the responses to like 3 sentences or less? I am trying to stay entertained, but niggas got like 2 paragraphs per rebuttal.
    test
  19. Mista FREEZE 2001

Mista FREEZE 2001 Member

I WANT IN AND I WANT THE BEST!!!!

Oh and HALLOWEEN JACK quit ducking ME!!!!

Pull your JERSEY out the RAFTER for one last RUN!!!!

U ARE THE REASON I CAME BACK HERE!!!

*FREEZE chuckling*

I will admit it RM...

JACK Is YOUR FAVORITE RAPPER'S FAVORITE RAPPER HERE!!!

He is the ONLY GUY I REALLY GET SCARED TO BATTLE!!!

HE IS THAT NICE!!!

Oh DON'T GET ME WRONG!!! I BEAT HIM JUST LIKE I BEAT EVERYONE ELSE BUT I COULD SEE HOW PPL VOTED 4 HIM @ LEAST!!! Most times I am like YEAH OKAY!!!

Toughest battles here for mr so far... SMITTYRHYTHM when he is BEAST MODE...

I can see how GSUS upset me but I didn't take him SERIOUSLY...

BUT THE BEST I HAVE EVER BATTLED HERE IS JACK!!!!

& 4 THAT HE GETS THE PUMPKIN HEAD!!!

JACK GET IN THIS BYTCH!!!
    test
  20. smittyrhythm

Apparently he doesnt like to read. It's obvious with the way you vote :funny:

btw

Another soldier for the ‘new world order’ and their tyrannical state
    Bottom brick, a ‘pyramid’ slave- both eye's ‘triangular shapes’
    -No-
    Wouldn’t pop off with a hot ‘16’ if you was the ‘M’ that’s in front of ‘em
    No not the ‘Em, see’ you aint kin to Islam bitch so why ‘Muzzle em’?
    -No-

Explain. Not your vote..the BARS. Explain what they mean.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.