weed facts

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by DJ ECLIPSE, Jun 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Militant

The Militant New Member

WHAT DID I SAY THO

a decrease in heart rate can cause you to go into shock

shock can cause heart attacks
    test
  2. JiHaD210

JiHaD210 REAL RECOGNIZE REAL

im fuckin twisted right now
    test
  3. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

Carcinogens from smoking can have null effect depending on the gene sequence of the individual... further, it can be avoided altogether by eating cannabis instead of smoking it.
    test
  4. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I didn't read 90% of what came after this. I'm just replying to this one.

Yes, it is smoke, and inhaling smoke, under any circumstances, is not good for you. But, marijuana smoke, I garantee, doesn't contain NEARLY as many carcinogens and tobacco smoke does. Otherwise, if it did, I'm sure the government would've used that information for their cause. Also, I base it on personal experience. I know hippies, at least 45 years old, have been smoking weed, and only weed, for pretty much their whole life, and have suffered NO adverse effects, such as dramatically decreased lung capacity, smokers cough, etc. The only way I can see a person dieing from marijuana is literally a THC overdose, and it would take A LOT of smoking to pull some shit like that off...
    test
  5. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

^I never cough from weed... but I always cough whenever I smoke a cigarrette.

Nicotine is carcinogenic, whether it's smoked or chewed in tobacco.
    test
  6. The Militant

The Militant New Member

no the nicotine isnt, the tar is ^

and apparantly smoking a joint is worse than having a cig because it doesnt have a filter on it... that sounds right but im not entirely sure...

i know people who blaze a lot and they got a cough from smoking weed. the point is that anything that BURNS HOT when you inhale it damages your lungs, and gives you a bigger chance of getting a lung infection...
    test
  7. DJ ECLIPSE

DJ ECLIPSE BALLSINYAMOUF

these facts make me wanna quit smoking
    test
  8. SupermanRT

SupermanRT Tha Man Branded Wit Tha S

Weed causes a decrease in heart rate, and also it effects your blood sugar as stated earlier. These in turn can cause a heart attack, but its very unlikely. You'd need to smoke yourself past stupid to actually have a heart attack from smoking. But, you can also get scared real bad/over -exert yourself and so on that will make your heart have to work harder and that can lead to a heart attack. In other words, weed won't directly cause a heart attack unless you're a complete idiot asking for one. My family has a huge history of bad heart problems and both my parents and me smoke, and they've never had problems, nor have I. The only bad thing about weed is you tend to lose your ability to remember things as well from long-term use.

**edit**
    question: Does taking vitamin C pills help sober you up faster because of the vitamin C?....heard about this somewhere and would be interesting to see if its true...
    test
  9. Veinz

Veinz Get on my Level, Ho

From Wikipedia....I'll bold the important parts

It is generally considered to be impossible to achieve a lethal overdose by smoking cannabis. According to the Merck Index, 12th edition, the LD50, the lethal dose for 50% of rats tested by inhalation, is 42 mg/kg of body weight. That is equivalent of a 165 lb (75 kg) man ingesting all of the THC in 21 one-gram cigarettes of high-potency (15% THC) cannabis buds at once, assuming no THC was lost through burning or exhalation. For oral consumption, the LD50 for rats is 1270 mg/kg and 730 mg/kg for males and females, respectively, equivalent to the THC in about a pound of 15% THC cannabis. Only with intravenous administration — an unheard-of method of use — may such a level be even theoretically possible.[21]

There has only ever been one recorded verdict (although not ultimately upheld) of fatal overdose due to cannabis. In January 2004, Lee Maisey of Pembrokeshire, Wales was found dead. The coroner's report stated "Death due to probable cannabis toxicity". It had been reported that Maisey smoked about six joints a day. Mr. Maisey's blood contained 130 nanograms per milliliter (ng/ml) of the THC metabolite THC-COOH. However, the validity of the finding did not stand up well under review. As reported on 2004-01-28 in the Neue Züricher Zeitung, the Federal Health Ministry of Switzerland asked Dr. Rudolf Brenneisen, a professor at the department for clinical research at the University of Bern, to review the data of this case. Dr. Brenneisen said that the data of the toxicological analysis and collected by autopsy were "scanty and not conclusive" and that the conclusion "death by cannabis intoxication" was "not legitimate."[22] Additionally, Dr. Franjo Grotenhermen of the Nova-Institute in Cologne, Germany said: "A concentration of 130 ng/ml THC-COOH in blood is a moderate concentration, which may be observed some hours after the use of one or two joints. Heavy regular use of cannabis easily results in THC-COOH concentrations of above 500 ng/ml. Many people use much more cannabis than Mr. Maisey did, without any negative consequences."

Wikipedia has some very interesting shit, I read the whole page lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marijuana
    test
  10. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

^^ you know wikipedia aint 100% fact right?? not discrediting that particular argument or nething cause it seems legit.. but its not based on fact like encyclopedia

its just people rightin it.. im 100% its not 100% true... and yeh, i said 100% three times in like two sentences

weed fact: weed fucks with your memory
    test
  11. JiHaD210

`wikepedia is the shit...

thanks for the knowledge..but ive also read elsewhere someone whould have to consume an outrageous amount of bud before an OD can even be thought of.
    test
  12. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I knew I was right, mother fuckers...
    test
  13. Konscious

Konscious Resident Sage

How is that Biggie was able to do whole albums with no pad and pen?

How is that I'm able to remember accounting theory and put into practice? My memory is sharper than a tack.
    test
  14. The Militant

The Militant New Member

cos it fucks with your short term memory you fucking tard

that means you will put your phone down turn around and forget about it, or youll go to the kitchen for a drink, come back and then realise you left the tv remote on the kitchen table...

it doesnt mean youll forget what your name is and shit lol
    test
  15. JiHaD210

yah it fucks with you short term but for me only when im high...when im not high my memory is fine...but i do forget a lot of shit because im high a lot. and when im blown time just flied and at the end of a smokin day...shit i didthat day becomes just one big blur, ll have no detailed memory.
    test
  16. The Militant

The Militant New Member

yeh, i get that, and theres also if you do something memorable when youre high youll always remember it really clearly which is wierd

but yeh i stopped smoking for a few weeks and my memory became a lot better, but when i smoke again it seems the same but i know that its not
    test
  17. Doobie

Doobie New Member

Damn lame thread, an I bet half these cats dont even smoke it
    Fuck weed I say It all about white widdow (SKUNK) weed for me?
    Nah nah that shit just too weak, I mean I smoke that shit pure an
    the effects are totally diffrent, you feel it a bit but its nothing great

Diffrence is I slowly comming off the weed, been smoking like 8 yrs
    now and its slowly dragging me down, whatever you smoke try to
    cut down or give up...

Thats my advice... Ohh yeah 1 great thing though, have a joint and
    then hit the note pad, all the new idea's in lyrics rush through your
    head, that why I so dope lol

pz
    test
  18. Black Hippie

Black Hippie Peace & Love

the first 2 times I smoked weed in HS, I passed out under the bleachers

most would think that wouldv'e scared me out of trying it again instead I turned into a pothead
    test
  19. DJ ECLIPSE

DJ ECLIPSE BALLSINYAMOUF

if you don't like my thread then shut your cock holster and post somewhere else, and to the rest of you faggots who never even seen weed like this homo i'll rip your head off ,shit down your throat and use your moms head as a candy bowl.... have a good day bitches
    test
  20. Mr ExZ

Mr ExZ evolved

[sponge]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.