"We own the night"... I just watched it.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Vintage Tox, Feb 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

I thought...

Was boring as fuck.
    I had high hopes for this movie and I loved the premise. I like Joaquin Phoenix, Mark Wahlberg, and Robert Duvall as actors but they were misused and the story just wasnt executed well.

And they really could've gotten someone more charming and more rememberable then Eva Mendes. I mean shes hot and all but I really wouldnt have cared if she was in the movie or not because she did not fit that part well at all.

DONT READ IF DIDNT WATCH:

I thought it was going to be a brotherly feud with Bobby Green's character being torn between a tough decision on whether or not he should become informant or run the behind the scenes shit in the club but it seemed like he made his decision pretty damn early in the movie. And Mark Wahlberg had an almost non-existing role. I also thought that Bobby Green was going to be a tough shit club owner but he was a fucking junkee basket case throughout the entire movie and fuck, if they didnt show him in the club in the beginning we wouldnt even have known that he ran the club. It just didnt work and was made poorly.
    test
  2. Vintage Tox

Vintage Tox One Hundred Percent

Nobody else seen this movie?
    test
  3. SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy

SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy crazy ill, mad rowdy

i seen it...

i liked it tho.. better than american gangster.. prolly cus i was high wen i saw it..

but i really liked it.. i was interested pretty much throughout the whole movie
    test
  4. Graphx

Graphx Word? Word!

I thought this movie was the truth. I liked all the low key, subtle things that you're referring to as boring. Either way, I aint writing a review...fuck all that. But I did like it alot.

Oh yeah, I thought this movie really got over shadowed by American Gangster seeing as how it came out around the same time. American Gangster was a better flick tho.
    test
  5. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i agree it sucked. just watched it with my boys and we felt it lasted 4 ever with bad structure. alot of talk that was filler. we jinxed it though cuz we said after evas opening scene that the rest of the movie could suck and it would still be cool cuz of that scene. unfortunately not even that could give this movie a replay. well not after eva at least.
    test
  6. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Been meaning to pick it up.
    test
  7. Killumin

Killumin Be happy with what u got!

I've been meaning to pick this up myself, might jus give it a rent instead when it drops at blockbuster
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.