we need to get traffic movin to this forum

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by zyclon B gas, Nov 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i need more ideas to get traffic here. i notice the articles got a few views, but i definitely want to start turnin this into an informational and helpful forum. i'll need some ideas thrown out by those of you who actually are interested in this forum in order to make it a better place.
    test
  2. DahStoryTella

DahStoryTella knowledge of self

Workout logs/trackers?

Unfortunately, I've seen on other hip-hop forums that Health/Fitness sections don't last long which is a shame imo.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  3. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy New Member

Yeah, it's tough when you're competing with several websites that are dedicated solely on health and fitness.
    test
  4. m.060.mm

m.060.mm New Member

That alone could be a competitive advantage over other forums that don't mainly focus on H/F: longevity.

[edit: I wouldn't agree with directly competing for membership based on the H/F forum. I'd think of it like a convenience store down the street. You like the people, you're familiar and you can get just about anything you need.]

You come to a forum for the information you googled but you stay for the community. That's actually why I registered today.

You're doin something right I guess.

Actual suggestions:

Ways to share workouts that are less transient
    (once a thread dies, it's not as helpful, having to search through archives for one post)

Progress trackers. I don't know how realistic that is for vBulletin.

I think the articles are a solid staple. I haven't read many yet but in general they do put RM in more search results and with membership it's always a numbers game.

Sub-forums! Browsing the get to this thread, I read about:
    -troubleshooting
    -various nutrition topics
    -a guy wondering if his balls would fall off if he didn't shower for three days
    -supplements
    -routines

Not everything has to be divided but even three major groups would help organization and readability. Also, it'd allow for more stickies without looking cluttered.

Maybe sub-forums nutrition, body and motivation?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.