We must do away w/ the notion we must work for a living...

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by lyricalpriest, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

test
  2. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

its the fucking truth
    test
  3. lyricalpriest

I totally agree.. But the masses could never accept this ideal
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Life's for free whilst everything else is costly, and no country on earth would survive on lazy people.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

It's not saying to be lazy.. it's saying to be innovative..
    test
  6. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Being innovative is what people have been doing since the beginning of time. One of the reasons why we always strive for bigger, better, faster, easier, etc..

So in terms of said pic example, I'll ask you to provide a functioning economic model(s) which will support and can be applicable in the 1 innovator in 10000 non working for a living folks and how that benefits humanity in the long run.
    test
  7. lyricalpriest

eh.. you and i know i can not provide that.. but i'd say it might go a lil something like this:

grow your own pot..

sell to major manufacturers.

make 10thousand dollars every 3 months.. (or more depending on how much you grow)

and on your spare time, go to school study something.. not something like hair style, or fashion n design. but something innovative. creative. how to start a business, or how to market your ART, but not something stupid like how to be an employee, n work. something so Americans can offer 'inventions' and create jobs.. hire foreigners, to do the work. give em a piece of the american dream.. allow people a path to citezenship, and not an underground rail road.

or you can grow pot and play xbox and do absolutly nothing. but pot is most resourceful crop you can grow it has medicinal, manufactural, recreational, uses.. countless things u can do from make lotion, to make textiles etc etc...

this is just a CRAZY idea, n probly you could manage to make a better model if you really tried. but this does work.
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

test
  9. lyricalpriest

heres an interesting quote b/c some one said

and i like the highlighted concept...
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Even "growing" implies having to work ~ since I doubt (your own) pot can plant itself, fertilize itself, waters itself, places special lighting, cuts itself, etc.

It wouldn't exactly be exhausting hard work, but it'd still remain being considered work. Only in this case you'd be forgetting the latter since you'd be doing something you'd find creative and wouldn't need special motivation to do it.

I've always been of the opinion that we needed more people to get into tech related universities; whether it's it, whole engineering spectrum, etc, but instead people apply for things of pure cosmetic value where it's hard for them to even get a job. And the last thing we need is more of polyreaucracy (bureaucracy).

Hypothetically it can work. Practically there's a lot of obstacles; mainly politics that are in the way.
    test
  11. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not a bad concept, however, there's still so much unknown about this planet and we'd rather colonize something else instead of focusing on researching things we have...

We're at current time and place in history still unable to make a fully functioning underwater tunnel which would be connecting US with Europe, so you'll have to excuse me for doubting the ability of being able of solar colonization within this millennium.

It'll happen, but the question is when.
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

I hear ya, and the thing is you can always find "work" i mean it's a job to shit sometimes..

but this isn't working a 9-5 for a living type of scenario. I think what we need to do is figure, out how to capitalize off a lot of resources we use everyday, n stop relying on the ancient old work horse model.. but it's def not a over night thing and it would have to be progressive..

it is a GOOD idea, but will be very difficult
    test
  13. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

100% agreed.
    test
  14. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  15. x calibur

x calibur

if people decided that you didn't have to work for a living, society would quickly crash. and there's your answer.
    test
  16. Namor

Namor Prodigal Sun-god

wall-to-wall sheep

"we must do what were told b/c they know best"

yall some fuckin automatons

human cattle, that WANT to be controlled

a fuckin sewer rat/ stray dog/alley cat can find a way to surivive in a city yet the average human being is lost?

gtfo
    test
  17. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

I agree that a overhaul on societal standards would be necessary. The desire for money would have to be replaced by the desire for progression.

An example that comes to mind is the technology for gas less cars. I've seen video proof of it existing, but oil companies and their need for more money keeps it from becoming the standard for all vehicles.
    test
  18. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

I agree but that's harsh wording for this serious topic.Nearly everything peddled on tv, radio, magazines, ads etc is used to train us, manipulate us. We can't be blamed but we can open our eyes more yeah, but are you helping the cause this way?

Your name calling and harshness isn't productive and if anything discredits you. You can call people sheep and all that but what does that say about you, bud?
    test
  19. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

The human race would stagnate and die out without resource competition, you idiots.
    test
  20. jerzcity

jerzcity Member

You're misunderstanding the quote and the convos that followed.

Its about redefining the word job, to where its something you do out of love and want instead of for money and need to.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.