"We Live In Public" this was the most interesting movie... I suggest everyone see it.

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by Knowledge, May 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knowledge

Knowledge 12 lbs with dick insert.

*************Updated****************

I went ahead & made it easy for you, I uploaded the entire movie, all you have to do is download one file. Enjoy!

Download: "We Live In Public" x7.to » Download: We Live in Public[2009]DvDrip[Eng]-FXG.avi

Trailer:

[​IMG]

The film details the experiences of "the greatest Internet pioneer you've never heard of,"[1] Josh Harris. The dot.com millionaire founded Pseudo.com, the first Internet television network during the infamous tech boom of the late '90s. After achieving prominence amongst the Silicon Valley set, Harris became interested in controversial human experiments which tested the effects of media and technology on the development of personal identity. Ondi Timoner documented the major business-related moments of Harris's life for more than a decade, setting the tone for her documentary of the virtual world and its supposed control of human lives.[1]

Among Harris' experiments touched on in the film is the art project "Quiet: We Live in Public," an Orwellian, Big Brother concept developed in the late '90s which placed more than 100 artists in a human terrarium under New York City, with myriad webcams following and capturing every move the artists made.[2] The pièce de résistance was a Japanese-style capsule hotel outfitted with cameras in every pod, and screens that allowed each occupant to monitor the other pods[3] installed in the basement by artist Jeff Gompertz.[4]

The film's website describes how, "With Quiet, Harris proved how, in the not-so-distant future of life online, we will willingly trade our privacy for the connection and recognition we all deeply desire. Through his experiments, including another six-month stint living under 24-hour live surveillance online which led him to mental collapse, he demonstrated the price we will all pay for living in public."

"He climbs into the TV set and he becomes the rat in his own experiment at this point, and the results don't turn out very well for him[5]," says Timoner of the six month period Harris broadcast his life in his NYC loft live online. "He really takes the only relationship that he's ever had that was close and intimate and beaches it on 30 motion-controlled surveillance cameras and 66 invasive microphones. I mean his girlfriend who signed on to it thinking it would be fun and cool, and that they were living a fast and crazy Internet life, she ended up leaving him. She just couldn't be intimate in public. And I think that's an important lesson; the Internet, as wonderful as it is, is not an intimate medium. It's just not. If you want to keep something intimate and if you want to keep something sacred, you probably shouldn't post it."
    test
  2. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

The description has me really intrigued. I might have to check this out.

Just spending more time on this site and seeing my interactions with people, and other people interact with each other, it's made me realize how connected yet separated we all still are.
    test
  3. Knowledge

It's better than the description says, they have a gun range, free booze & no privacy in a bunker under NY that everyone outside assumes is a night club, oh & this was all done in time for the year 2000.
    test
  4. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Yeah I just watched the trailer. That's crazy that they did the experiment before the year 2000. It really was ahead of the curve. That's even before reality TV started to take off.
    test
  5. Knowledge

test
  6. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Josh Harris: Lions and tigers used to be kings of the jungle and then one day they wound up in zoos - I suspect we're on the same track.

Yea,gonna check it out for sure.
    test
  7. whypeoplesuck

whypeoplesuck Member

Had this on insta on Netflix for a while, just checked it out last night.

Liked it, weird how the dude was such a pioneer and I've never heard his name/seen his face before watching the doc. Wondering half way through if it was some mockumentary on a fictional character
    test
  8. reznick

reznick New Member

oooohhhhh shiiiiiittttt

where the fuck can I see this? You actually went to a film fesitval? I want to see this so bad.

It's a big concern that we will become slaves to technology. The analogy of the Lions and Tigers struck a cord. Didnt it? DIDNT IT!?

Link?
    test
  9. reznick

reznick New Member

shut up reznick its instant on netflix!!

oh sorry rez, by mad homebro

sall good lets blaze and watch this shit

tight
    test
  10. reznick

reznick New Member

Wow

Just paused this awesome film to point out something that I really had a good laugh at.

The 60 minutes reporter saying "I don't know how long it will be until you can type in 60 minutes and watch the video and audio on the web" with this kind of sarcastic smile on his face.
    test
  11. Knowledge

I went looking around recently & found a site that will host a file as big as this movie, but I'm new to this file host, bottom line I'm going to try to upload this movie for you guys so you can just download the file to watch.

If it goes well I'll edit & update this post soon with the link.
    test
  12. Knowledge

test
  13. Geedorah

Geedorah King

test
  14. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

thanks knowledge but the whole movie is yt in 6 parts
    test
  15. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

saw trailer..

thought "oh god dont let reznick see this shit.."

scrolled down..

leaned.
    test
  16. reznick

reznick New Member

lmaooo

Knowledge,

It was a pretty good doc in the end. The problem I had was how he tried to associate his experiments with the future. Which is completely crazy because of so many obvious reasons that I don't have to list any of them. I do think it's a great story, because it's this clown (pun) who made a shitload of money off of one great decision.....and never really succeeded elsewhere. But the character of this man is pretty fascinating. From huge millionaire, to crazy cash spender, to farmer, to basketball coach in Africa in debt $150 Million. Plus with all the footage of his crazy experiments who wouldn't jump at the chance to create this film. I could see Harris making a comeback sometime in the future. But man that clown shit was weird lmao
    test
  17. RollWithEm

RollWithEm G.O.A.T.

He shoulda been at that table when the Napster guy linked up with the Facebook guy. He missed that boat.
    test
  18. MorgzyV8

MorgzyV8 JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ

looool
    test
  19. Knowledge

Mybad, I had no idea that host would split the files up.
    test
  20. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

nah. he means the entire movie is already on youtube in 6 parts..

[youtube]cQsos4cmWZI[/youtube]

so you kinda did a bunch of work for nothing, but props.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.