wat the fuck is wrong wit vince carter

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Bash, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bash

Bash New Member

this mutha fucka gave cavs the game

a missed layup, a missed jumper, a missed free throw and a missed three pointer all in the final 40 seconds of the game

damn
    test
  2. G-Rob da great

G-Rob da great Fear moondog.

He also got his panties ripped that led to a LeBron 3 point play on the other end.

All of that happened because my homie Eric Snow got in there and bottled his ass up in the final moments of the game. It was like an 11 point swing in a min and 30 seconds. Beautiful.
    test
  3. G-Rob da great

LeBron got his 9th straight game of 35 points or more.

3rd longest streak in the NBA since 1970. Only Mr. Bryant and Mr. Jordan have had longer streaks in this period.

LeBron > Wade and runner-up for MVP.
    test
  4. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

and, he did it averaging 7 rebounds and 7 assists

i wonder what bryant and jordan's averages in those departments were
    test
  5. G-Rob da great

^And shooting 50% :D
    test
  6. G-Rob da great

I was going to brag about getting a big win without Z-Ill in the lineup, but I remembered that New Jersey's front court is so much of a joke like I said it was at the beginning of the season that it shouldn't even be noted that Z didn't play in this game. [funny]

No nevermind, I'll brag anyway. Lmao @ the Nets being out-rebounded and outscored in the paint without Z [funny] That kid Varejo baby!

What are they going to do when they face monsters like Udonis Haslem, Shaquille O' Neal and Alonzo Mourning? Uh-oh...

NBA playoffs second round: Miami 4, New Jersey 1. Book it.
    test
  7. Bash

Bash New Member

if Kobe dont get MVP then LeBron should get it cuz outta all the MVP candidates him and Kobe got the weakest supporting cast
    test
  8. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

and, between kobe and lebron, lebron is the one that actually shoots a better percentage than his supporting cast while still dishing out a good number of assists

at the moment:
    kobe shoots 44.7% to his cast's 45.5%
    lebron shoots 48.0% to his cast's 44.2%

skee bop bam boom
    test
  9. Bash

Bash New Member

wat the hell? Lebron's cast is 10 times better than Kobe's if Kobe had Big Z, Gooden, Hughes, Jones, Marshall he'd average a good number of assists too besides Odom and Parker who's inconsistent Kobe has nobody and he still has them in the playoffs hell we could say Kobe has arguably the weakest supporting cast in the league even AI has a better supporting cast
    test
  10. Brahman

Brahman Mel Van Peebles

lebron didn't have hughes for very long this season either... and, it's not like larry hughes has been shooting lights-out when he's on the floor

i don't think you can say kobe would have a good number of assists with that cast, because even in certain games where his teammates were red-hot he's fired away a barrage of missed shots with 0 or 1 assists.

lamar odom and kobe's cast has been underrated and unfairly criticized this year. a good part of their struggles hasn't been their own incompetence but kobe's inability to bring the best out of them.
    test
  11. G-Rob da great

Kobe probably wouldn't average more assists than LeBron no matter who the cast was.

I've never been one to call Kobe a "ballhog", but LeBron is definetly a better passer and more intelligent/efficent on offense. They're just simply two different types of players in that category. Kobe's career high for dimes was 6, which he did last year and 5.9 which he did on the title contending Lakers. LeBron put 7 up on a lottery team last year.. lol

The cast is important but it can also have alot to do with the type of passer the player is. I'm looking forward to the finished stats for "potential assists" reports that 82games.com is working on.
    test
  12. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

robinson and Kristic combined for 32 points, 9 boards and 5 assists...which was better than the combo of Gooden and Varejo....

and u should stop assuming Mourning will be 100% ready to go for the playoffs....you never no with his condition... and lol @ calling Haslem a monster....

anyway u keep talking about the frontcourt and how they cant matchup with shaq and zo.... Miami has noone to stop Kidd,Jefferson and Carter either....and no, Wade cant stop Carter
    test
  13. G-Rob da great

Mister who kares sir you are awfully quiet today.

I'm still laughing at the fact that Anderson Varejo, our backup center who has NO offense and shoots 49% from the free throw line OUTSCORED one of the starters in New Jersey's front court by a WHOPPING ELEVEN POINTS.

Varejo scored 11 on the day. [funny]

Nets a top 3 team? My ass. They beat us twice earlier in the season, but we responded by beating them in the Q without Larry Hughes OR Flip Murray.. and now respond beating them at the height of their season without Z-Ill and this just being L-Hughes 3rd game back from injury.

The top 3 teams in the eastern conference are Detroit, Miami and Cleveland.

GET IT RIGHT SON!
    test
  14. G-Rob da great

Oh, there you are.

I was wondering.

Robinson got 6 points from the land of 3.. with 6 attempts.. lol, that's not front court play. But congratulations for outscoring the truly fearsome duo of Gooden and Varejo [funny]

Two players combine for Goodens 9 rebounds, including mr. greatness Kristic with 6 [funny]

It doesn't matter if Zo is ready to go for the playoffs or not.. all they need is Shaq honestly in a 7 game series. So what if their backcourt is good.. I told you, teams with depth on the frontline go far. That's my main knock against them.
    test
  15. G-Rob da great

In other news, the Heat stomped the Wizards with Wade only scoring 11 points and not much of a factor with foul trouble.

Got damn I just get a kick out of being so fuckin right all the time. Fucking awesome man, it rocks!
    test
  16. Who Kares

how'd the bulls do today?....oh yea...blown out at home to the sixers without webber...

you right about them..they are way better than the nets....
    test
  17. Iceodu921

Iceodu921 Resident Sports Genius

jerz>cle still..

dnt look too much into beating them at their "height of their season."

Remeber the knicks beat ur team at the height of their season
    test
  18. G-Rob da great

Jordan missed a few game winners in his career..

Tyson lost a couple bouts..

Tom Brady last a playoff game last year..

Point is, I've had my errors, but they're just minor imperfections on an otherwise painting of greatness.

By the way, if you were going to mention the Sixers didn't have Webber you could've at least either mentioned the Bulls were without Luol Deng or just let it go all together. I guess it was cute that you thought you made a little statement there.. awww!
    test
  19. Who Kares

they mentioned on espn that webber wasnt playing when i saw the highlights...i guess Luol deng isnt important enough to be announced as a DNP.....

besides the fact Webber is far more important to the sixers than Deng is to the Bulls....

but its funny you boast about being right all the time because of ONE day....when the last two times before yesterday...the nets beat both the Heat and Cavs...
    test
  20. G-Rob da great

Bu oho ho ho haha hahaa.. I guess people that have been blind for years aren't all of the sudden going to have perfect vision. [funny]

I'm not. I hate when you all can't understand what I'm saying or try to put words in my mouth. If I thought the Cavs were better than the Nets BEFORE Saturday... why would I "look too much" into them beating them on Saturday? I'm not. It's just another layer of icing on the cake of righteousness, and I wouldn't mind sharing a slice but I ate almost all of it and I'm saving the last of it for the playoffs. None for you Iceodu.

We didn't have big Z, he's a vital post presence to our team so that's why we lost. [funny]

Regardless, they barely escaped with a victory and even with them pretty much handling us through three quarters.. they still made it close. I wasn't even that bothered by the loss to the Knicks because I knew they would respond just based on the way they played to finish that game. They played the same way they have been the last month.. they just couldn't quite get over the hump that time around.

The Nets however, prided their streak on defense, holding their opponents to what was it.. 80 ppg? I remember the last time we were held to 80.. it was back in February when we were playing like crap and got mopped twice by Detroit. Most teams will be hard pressed to hold us to 80 points again, and I knew Jersey wouldn't.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.