Was thinking of moving to china to study Wing Chun

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by Sir Bustalot, Mar 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

**SHOULD READ "AND study wing chun"

i have yet to find a kung fu school teaching good wing chun in china(not to say there isnt any)... believe me there is a lot of bad wing chun kung fu... China seems to have a lot of Shaolin schools, but if youve ever seen shaolin kung fu, it has a lot to do with show and looking wowy!. I dont wanna learn how to weild a floppy fake sword that rattles and hisses as i flail it and jump around doing flip kicks. I wanna learn Good Wing chun..

ive already been in it for 4 yrs... Im already fairly good. And ive been to crappy WC schools and know what to look for...

so far the school im at now seems far better

anyway.. just ranting.
    test
  2. Makabreli

Makabreli done

Yeah, it's all a waste of time.

Go with San Shou or something instead.
    test
  3. SiFu

SiFu Burning Down Babylon!

The best Wing Chun teachers arent in China anymore anyway.....The only thing is tho they mostly only do Seminars and shit like that not a consistant 'school' although some of their students have permanent schools....

China and Shoalin has taken a dive in terms of real kung fu and fighting arts....it was outlawed and banned early 20th century I believe and it became more Wu Shu, which is acrobatics and gymnastics and stuff......

when it was banned it was the opera houses that still taught and learned kung fu making it more theatrical and less about fighting (Wu Shu) more about the form and exactness of movement....hence Jackie Chan getting his start at an Opera House same thing with Jet Li init.....

I been looking for a good school too...but havent found one yet

PEACE
    test
  4. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

You seem to want to learn it for actual self defense or fighting purposes. My question is why go through all of that? Why consider moving to China to learn a good martial art for self defense or fighting? Why not find a good local boxing or muay thai school. Those two arts are proven to be great for fighting, and you will have an easier time finding a good school that is closer to you.
    test
  5. Big K

Big K U Wanna Battle?

If you want to learn Wing Chun with practical self-defense applications, look for a good Jeet Kune Do school.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

im fine with wing chun...
    i have a very good teacher at the moment which is why im picky. I wish he was in china lol.

i was already planning on moving to china for work possibly so while i was there i wanted to continue my training.

and you guys suggesting styles. Its not about style, its about how good the guy is using the style.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.