Was the Holocaust perpetrated by only the Nazi's and SS, or was it by the German POP.

Discussion in 'IntroSpectrum' started by BeEgEe, Dec 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

Drawing from your knowledge on the subject.............

Did the Nazi's (10,000 to 20,000) exterminate 6-10,000,000 (Jews, Roma Sinti, Blacks, and Homosexuals)........... or did a substantial number of the German Population (500,000 to 1.5 million) perpetrate the genocide.

If you believe the latter, how does one prove that the holocaust was committed by the German Population and not just some radical fringe group.

????????

anyone............
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

if anyone is to speak on this subject, it isnt me.

i think german people didint eveb had a clue this was happening at all..all they knew is jews were being persecuted and many didint liek them..but im sure most didint know what was happening to them..they probably thought theywere being brough to other countries to work and such
    test
  3. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

The perpetrator, the victim and the bystander behavioral roles. Of course the German population was responsible, but it's not necessarily their fault. It's hard to fight psychology.
    test
  4. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

they knew what was going on.
    it happened all around them.
    it was taught in the schools
    it was expressed at work
    rallys of hundereds of thousands held in the streets.
    the killing of jews was voluntary.
    If you did not wish to kill jews, you could request other duties
    without fear of reprisal

Kristallnacht - jews murdered in the street, places of worships burned to the ground. Over 300 million dollars worth of damage (in 1940's) to not only jewish business, but germans as well.

not only did they support it.
    the mayhem of Kristallnacht lasted 2 days.

even more importantly, the entire outside world knew about this and was content to let it happen.

loss of external interest and protection

making most of the developed world bystanders to the genocide (equally complicit in the act)
    test
  5. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

I agree.

The popular belief of the germans (during the holocaust) was that jews were the devil.

leading up to the genocide the documented NATIONAL anti semitism is astounding.

Eugenics and the like.
    test
  6. Leila Night

I think even the USA and other Western countries were responsible as well. The USA began the pseudo-science of Eugenics which inspired the Germans and the rest perpetuated it. Also, they refused to take in the Jews, etc. in 1939 even though they had been persecuted for years.
    Not to mention the wide-spread Appeasement politics.
    test
  7. UnbrokeN

people just undersestimated hitler (PBUH)...

the german pop wasnt aware of it at all, they were only aware that jews were being persecuted but didnt do anything about it, nobody wanted to fuck with the SS, its understandable..unless they were armed, what could they do? it was all carried out by the SS and the skull army fractions, the military...
    test
  8. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

this is the popular belief.

The police battalions, who were not Nazi's or SS were made up of germans of all walks of life.

of all age ranges.
    of all political parties.
    lower, middle, and upper middle class
    from shoe makers to mayors, yes mayors.
    from bus drivers to doctors.....

jew hunts would be posted on walls along with a menu of what was being served that night at dinner after the hunt and the detail of the cross town track meet that was occuring the next day.

High ranking officers in the police battalions did not make or force its officers to participate in the hands on killing

Hitler believed it would be hard to get these ordinary men to kill. Thats why his first orders would be the elimination and extermination of men only. The idea was to ease them into the killing so that woman and children could be persued later. The reponse from the officers and the communities was overwhelming, in favor, and with pride and pleasure.

These jew hunts were voluntary and people signed up for them. They would send pictures of their achievement to their familes and local papers.

Also, in the rural areas, where there were no Nazi or SS, the people of these small communites purged and murdered all of their jews neighboors without remorse.

Signs on these rual roads that led into town read "jews not wanted" "jews enter at own risk" " jew free"

This was also occuring in places like Turkey and Poland, the anti semeitism was rampant.

A great example of this is Jedwabne, which is in Poland.
    Non jewish residents of the town rounded up their Jewish neighboors and put them in a barn and burned them alive.

Nazi's and the SS played a role in the genocide, but without the perpetration of a large number of german citizens, it would have been impossible to achieve the results.
    test
  9. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

I agree.

The 1994 genocide in Rwanda can be traced back to Eugenics
    (The Speke Thesis)

wouldn't exactly call it science. sick science.
    test
  10. Leila Night

That's why I said pseudo-science. ^_^

Great threads, btw.
    test
  11. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

anyone else care to comment
    test
  12. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

lol.

i thought this would stir more debate
    test
  13. x - calibur

x - calibur Guest

informative thread sir....
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

the g erman people were innocent...it was the nazis and hitler, i mtelling you
    test
  15. BeEgEe

BeEgEe El Warm Shot

hard to argue with that.

forget the facts I gave.

the german people were far from innocent.
    the polish and austrians were far from innocent
    all the auxilliaries who participated in the genocide were far from innocent
    antisemitism was a BIG part of their culture.

point.....

they played soccer next to concentration camps
    they held track meets after jew hunts
    they murdered jews in the street, performed shows at corner stores were jews were rounded up and hit with blunt objects and killed in one or two blows. The mothers would hold up children on their shoulders to watch the death dealing because the crowds were so big.

hitler and the Nazi's were the Authors and Managers
    A large portion of the German pop perpetrated the holocaust
    test
  16. Leila Night

Maybe you should ask more leading questions or give a break down of the sociological structures in place at the time.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.