warbux battle update - how'd he do. without spoilers of course

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Ness Lee, Nov 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Here are a few of mine:

Keep running through your material at full volume until you can do it perfectly at any reasonable speed twenty times. Failing the ability or time to run through it at full volume, do it quietly until you can perform it perfectly forty times. If you think I'm joking, keep in mind that this is usually only 4 minutes of material. That goes by quickly, but every minute counts. Run through your material at the venue, even just quietly, but not to the point where you psyche yourself out. I listen to my shit recorded on my iPod the day of and the preceding week like I'm getting my lines together for a show, because that's what it is: a show. That's another tip: this format is a lot easier if you do live shows on a semi-frequent basis, because you get used to screening out any distractions and just working the crowd. Lastly, if you smoke weed, do pills, or any other drug that seems to affect you mentally or in terms of recollection, stop for at least a while during your preparation phase and until the battle is over.
    test
  2. BinoSWI

BinoSWI Half Jamaikan Half Scouse

he let organik down tha only person who had faith in him :-(
    test
  3. TheCapitalRA

TheCapitalRA New Member

Good tips.

I saw you at Grizzle walking outside by yourself, first thought in my head was like, duke's going over his shit prolly.
    test
  4. PJ Sumroc

PJ Sumroc Ozone/Chi-town/Stump town

Recording and listening to your bars on your ipod is a real good idea. So is chilling on whatever vice you have. Ive def seen some battles were you could tell if dude wasnt drunk or high as hell he would have done better. Good tips. Downloading Soul like Khan right know btw.
    test
  5. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

Good shit.

For my first gt battle I recorded my 4 verses on a beat and listened to that "song" as much as possible.

Then I cut each verse into it's own track and played them on loop while I read the lyrics until I could do each verse without reading. I memorized each verse one at a time.

Then I rehearsed them without the backup song 20 times a day for each verse, and still played the full song as much as possible.

That shit worked.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. Soul Khansenses

Hell yes, RA, I don't give a damn who sees it either. I'd rather give y'all a good performance and chill later than be Mr. Sociable who isn't on his A-Game in the moment that counts to the crowd.
    test
  7. Soul Khansenses

And Wird, that's some ill dedication. Respect for that.
    test
  8. TheCapitalRA

TheCapitalRA New Member

Word is bond. I can respect and appreciate that. That's why I ain't went up to you and tried to talk then.
    test
  9. Elaquent

Elaquent Gill Breathing

lmao @ bux wigglin n shakin ass
    test
  10. Famousin

Famousin New Member

bux is a faggot hahahaha!!!
    test
  11. Joe Phrantana

Joe Phrantana 51toooooooooo!!

I lol'd
    test
  12. MOBtapethief

MOBtapethief New Member

If i may ask, what about your deacon frost battle? Had you ever done a 3minute per round battle before and did you do anything different to help with remembering it?
    test
  13. Moltisanti

Moltisanti New Member

Bux got ate like 7+1....and 6+2
    test
  14. MOBtapethief

MOBtapethief New Member

Like eat in the past tense.
    test
  15. The Grimace

The Grimace Jeff Goldblum

like the number.

but on a serious note; bux should battle mista conspiracy. no hate, id actually like toto see that.
    test
  16. MisterE

MisterE Look @ His Face Now!

props to Soul Khan for the advice

another tip I'd like to add is to make SURE your material is exactly how you want it before beginning memorization. you dont want to be reciting, then decide you want to change something when you have it nearly down pat. I've been doing the same steps for my debut. Write the verses, record them and rap along, then rehearse them accapella until you dont stumble at ALL, then do it more....when you cant do it vocally(at work, school, grandma's house), do it in your head
    test
  17. Dirt

Dirt will stab you in public

Co-sign...
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  18. Dirt

Dirt will stab you in public

And the worst choke I had was at the bbq...

If theres such thing as over memorizing thats what happened there....
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  19. Ness Lee

Ness Lee I'm kind of a big deal

true story, i tried. he didnt listen
    test
  20. Ness Lee

Ness Lee I'm kind of a big deal

yes @ wird and khan

i record my shit to a beat. if i wrote it down i never look at the sheet when i'm recording. i record one verse at a time, as many times it takes for me not to stumble once. sometimes it'll be 150 takes. sometimes 20. as long as i dont stumble and it sounds exactly like i want it. i'll listen to the track when i'm doing whatever and recite the words with each verse until i dont stumble once. after two or three days, i'll record it again. rinse and repeat.

then i'll go over my shit when i'm doing things that can be distracting. driving, working, working out, whatever. but the main thing is what khan said. focus. i need to work on that part myself
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.