Wanna hear why I feel Westcoast producers are the best..

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ChaseNCashe, Sep 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Reign

Reign Let it...

I cant wait... After the first of the year Im coppin me an ES:) lol
    test
  2. P R I M O

P R I M O Shout out to Autotune

Thats why I don't like them sampler beat makers.

Niggas make hot beats chopping up OTHER MUSICIANS hard work. But then wanna shit on a non-sampled beat with the quickness. But when they try their hand at making NON SAMPLED COMPOSED beats, the majority of em make CORNY soundin shit.

I'm not sayin Nova makes corny ass non sampled beats, I never heard his non-sampled work. But most of them dudes make ass corny non sampled beats.

Insecure ass samplin niggas for real. Where can I hear your Non-sampled work Nova???
    test
  3. arkitek1

arkitek1 JKEYS DA BEAST

west coast niggas tend to actually play ...east coast niggas come up off samplin
    test
  4. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

This beats nice as hell...sounds like Neptunes meets Tim and Bob (Bobby V) meets Battlecat.

It is a major diff in the sound of east and west coast, at least historically and how we see them on here. Personally, it's a lot harder for me to be creative with samples and make dope sampled tracks because of the fact that I was makin beats for six years before the first time I tried to use a real sample. I didn't even know it was possible to sample and shit on Cubase and the computer til I was 17 and in 12th grade. I usually do like composed beats with melodies like this more than sampled beats, but it all depends on the beat and the producer.
    test
  5. Auditory

Auditory New Member

there each different skills
    test
  6. YB MUZiK

YB MUZiK Active Member

joint is cool, really display his skills and all but it ain't really moving me that much with them melodies.
    test
  7. DjayCasper

DjayCasper Eh Fuck It.

he doesent.
    test
  8. Beatboss

Beatboss aka ni6apinoflavord

the rhythm is fuckin gay
    test
  9. Auditory

Auditory New Member

haha, im starting to notice a distinct difference in l.a. westcoast shit from bay area and diego westcoast shit. fm, this cat and dion all got that l.a. vibe. Sounds sorta like dj quick style. There all funky, off beat claps and got a lot of stuttering type melodies. And most of it is easy listening and a little on the happy side, yet still serious. Not too many twisty leads or •••••y leads or leads at all really. And the basslines aren't that phat, they more so just overlay the melody.

Where as san diego's westcoast shit is a lot meaner and more gangsterous. A lot phatter basslines and more leads. More straight forward, less stuttery and less smooth. A lot of diego shit kina has a stupid sound to it, doesn't care about being taken seriously the way a lot of l.a. shit sound

and the bay just started making industry dirty south sounding beats and called it a day
    test
  10. Auditory

Auditory New Member

um why is sp.ook bleeped out?
    test
  11. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Most LA shit is not really influenced by DJ quik these days, Battlecat and JellyRoll are the innovators of the LA sound.
    test
  12. Auditory

Auditory New Member

yeeah battlekat, thats exzactly that l.a. style im talking about
    test
  13. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

im a producer ill shit on a beat if its wack i dont care how it was made....and in this particular sense i even said the melody was hot i said i didnt like the drums. and i dont play no keys altho i have done a fire ass beat with live musicians we'll see whenever it gets released. people need to stop confusing the term musician and producer.
    test
  14. Beatboss

the bay has 2 different sounds
    mobb and hyphy bra bra
    a could example of a mobb beat would be mac dre - since '84 and any song off san quinn & messy marv - explosive mode album. one would be pop yo colla
    test
  15. Auditory

Auditory New Member

^^ yeah i know i was just reffering to the newer shit. Of the 3 i think the bay's older west shit is by far the best. Diego's west shit is pretty hot but it's not as consistant as l.a. or the bay. L.a. westcoast producers got a lot of heat and rarely comes wack except i think l.a. westcoast has the least versitality. All the l.a. westcoast producers all sound almost exzactly the same to me and they always stick to that same exzact formula
    test
  16. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

^^As far as online and unestablished Bay producers, many of their "hyphy" beats do sound straight from the south. However, Rick Rock, EA Ski (at times), Trackademiks, Traxamillion, and Droop-E's hyphy tracks all have a completely different vibe and sound to them versus the typical Lil Jon inspired tracks you hear.
    test
  17. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Yeah man the Motif is great for composed shits. I love the Motif's sound. Can't wait until I get mine.

But yeah, I'm diggin this. I can hear this on the radio and shit.
    test
  18. Beatboss

yeah bra bra real niggas dont quantize
    fuck that BS i just record off beat and click them muh fuckas in u feel me
    test
  19. Beatboss

yeah mostly The Team has that simliar lil jon sound.
    i blame them niggas for fuckin up the bay sound
    but traxxamillion got blaps fasho mayn. his style is unique
    test
  20. Big Meech

Big Meech Certified Boss

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.