wanderlei got rocked

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by xX_NASTY_Xx, Dec 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chamberfool

Chamberfool HAhahAHahaHAhahaHhaha

and that is why you are an idiot. if you kept "Stopped reading" my shit then you wouldnt be in here responding again and again. And you know you read the whole thing anyway because you got internet little man's syndrome and you just have to know what I said about your dumbass. like i said your either my age and retarded or like 19 years old. and thats fact
    test
  2. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Again, you're an idiot. The reason I stop reading is because I'm seeing if you're gonna come half intelligent, moron. Once I see the first ignorant ass line, I stop. Especially if it's long. And I'll respond to how ignorant you come off in the first few lines. Again, your brain must malfunction when it comes to processing INTELLIGENT THOUGHTS.
    test
  3. Chamberfool

what the fuck are you talking about kid? You're fuckin having a conversation with yourself.

facts about ANDtheMC

- you love frank mir
    - you're an idiot and an asshole
    - you know little about MMA

henceforth, when addressing reoccuring themes with you, I will refer to this post as "your bio". thats easier than having any kind of intelligent debate with you. I have to treat you like a child from now on.
    test
  4. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

No moron. That was in response to your post. But again, you're too dumb to figure that out...
    test
  5. Chamberfool

refer to your bio
    test
  6. Vividescription

Vividescription New Member

I was very disappointed in Wand. Because he knew what he was up against, and he could've won that fight. He was starting to chop down Rampage, and got careless and anxious to the point he lead in with his head out and no hands to protect his right side. I was cursing at the screen like wtf are you doing! Same with Nog, very frustrating night altogether. I even wanted Forrest to win, and that was in the shitter too.
    test
  7. Chamberfool

I kinda had the same reaction all 3 of those fights.

I think Wandy is past his prime. In his old fights with page he got hit hard and he kept going. ever since his knockout losses he seems to get shut down when he eats those shots.

the degredation in Nog is different, he always got dropped with hard shots but it seems that his reflexes prior, as well as his recovery time after the hits, is much slower now. he probably hits as hard as before but his hands are slower. he also come sin now 20 pounds heavier than he used to.

As far as griffin, he could have definatly won that fight. i cant really pinpoint where he went wrong with that gaurd, other than he was rocked... I wanted him to stay champ for a while, but in any case, I like Evans and I think he will make a good champ
    test
  8. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah. Wand's offense is still as good as ever, but his style relies on being able to take shots. At this point, I'm wondering if a good jab would knock him silly.

maybe a move to 185 where he'd have to contend with less power would do him some good.
    test
  9. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Or maybe stop free swinging and learn to use his jab and kicks to set up hooks. Instead of throwing hooks where a good puncher with good angles could counter and knock him silly...
    test
  10. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

and forrest will be back, but I think he's pretty helpless against ground and pound. He needs to spend some more time on his back learning how to not get hit.

On a good note, I thought it looked like his punches were a little harder and had more snap this time. He might not be Tyson, but we'll see what happens in his future fights.
    test
  11. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

This is true, but I wouldn't expect him to really start going back to striking basics at this point in his career.

But I was thinking not so long ago that Wandy doesn't throw kicks as much as he once did. He did it more in this fight, but ionno.
    test
  12. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

He needs to cuz if he don't, his career in the UFC might be ending soon.
    test
  13. Maca.

Maca. Cachorro Louco

test
  14. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

agreed.. its coming to an end for silva because he does rely on being able to take shots.. watching him from the IVC fights, thats always been his strong point, being able to take shots on his way inside where he would destroy his opponents.. but just like other fighters (ex: nog) age crept up on him, although its not necessarily an "old" age yet.. just old to the point his head cant take them same shots, the jaw isnt the same.
    test
  15. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I don't think this knockout had anything to do with how well his jawline takes shots. The placement of where Rampage hit 'em and with the power he hit 'em with, I think he woulda went down in his prime. It was pinpoint direct hit right on the jaw line... He was goin' down regardless...
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

He took almost the exact same shot in the second fight with cro cop.
    test
  17. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

^^^ Do you really think Crocop has the punching power of Rampage?
    test
  18. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

^ Well, he is a heavyweight, so I think you could argue that point. He broke Sapp's orbital.

Also, Rampage hit Liddell with the same punch that Rashad did in the first fight, but Liddell took it. I actually think Rampage's power is a little overrated, but maybe he'll prove me wrong.
    test
  19. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I dunno... Ever since that slam back in the day, I always just have this superpower view of Rampage... Maybe it is overrated... We wouldn't know. But that power bomb back in Pride always made me have this vision of him as the Incredible Hulk of MMA... haha
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.