VST plug ins---better than expensive keyboards

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ()Solitary, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duro-Lace

Duro-Lace New Member

it was said before, just get reason, trust me.
    test
  2. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

^finally someone smart
    test
  3. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

i still dont get how u get an overall thought of what i make from what ive put online u dont know what i do w/ the internet. and i dont get how stats make u dope. Bow Wow has sold 10 million records does that make him one of the best rappers alive or does that mean hes sold 10 million records. numbers aint shit. it aint shit to get people to go to a soundclick page. either way im grown its my time and 90% of the time I spend on here Im at work anyway. Dont speak on things u do not know
    test
  4. The Militant

The Militant New Member

man what the fuck i thought he was cool as lil bow wow, and hes ballin as bow wow man i cant wait for him to bust into big bow wow shit will be straight og
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

he's 5'2" he will never be big bow wow.
    test
  6. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

your a retard....
    test
  7. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

naw man i disagree....i got the es rack and a shit load of high quality vsti...and dont get me wrong, between the tritons, fx's and motifs, the es sounds the best quality wise, but they got some serious ass vsti's that will shit on the quality of any keyboard, not to mention some of the giga sample libraries like the vsl shit...these things shit on everything...
    test
  8. Premize Prod

i have pretty m uch every good vst.. and aint not one of them "shit" the motif es... come on now. aint NO vst got the quality sounds of the es. i dont care wat you say. them acoustic instruments on the ES is vicious. and until you show me a vst with high quality acoustic instruments that match the motif your arguement has no ground.
    test
  9. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

colossus and ra both...and the pianos and acoustic guitars in the vsl library shit on everything, and the rest of the strings/horns/woodwinds are the best sounds hands down.
    test
  10. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

and maybe "shits" on is an overstatement, but the quality difference is more then noticable in colossus and ra
    test
  11. SamSneed

SamSneed TrackWorks

but the vsl stuff does shit on the es sounds
    test
  12. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

This is what I read in a mag.I just trying to add to the post.
    So I guess that makes me a retard,

I think you're retard because you're so closed minded.Think you
    know everything.You do not.You just show what an asshole you really
    are.

O I forget you're some big time beatmaking who thinks he knows
    everything.What a fool.
    test
  13. -008-

-008- New Member

somebody said Motif shits on vst's?

but, they dont tell you is it has limited sounds,

and they ALL played out.

Seriously,

Ill take vsts over any of these keyboards,

cuz the keyboards ARE more expensive.......and everybody ALREADY sampled those shits.

The smartest "producer", (you guys throw that term a lil loosely)

will have a gang of vst's and three keyboards.

thas how it is ,dont even doubt it.
    test
  14. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

For most VSTs I have encountered, many of the VSTs have a higher sound quality due to being able to accomodate more samples...however its more about the programming of the samples than the actual quality. Thats is where Yamaha beats the VSTs, they focus on playability to sound quality ratio instead wowing you with a stupid large sample count/size. If you have ever noticed sounds on VSTs that have hella layers but you have a hard time controlling when layer X plays, thats exactly the type of shit that separates a VST from an actual keyboard.
    test
  15. Premize Prod

io hate when people say "sounds are played you". your a fucking idiotl.

pz.
    test
  16. ()Solitary

()Solitary New Member

sounds can be played out....

So the COlossus is the best VST?
    test
  17. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

sounds only get played out when folks dont know how to use effects, dont know how to modify patches, dont know how to layer patches and just rely on the factory. but thats baby shit, Learn to create your own patches....that way you could use the same keyboard for many years without feeling like the board is played out cause you still using hte factory patches from 94( ie, you Roland JV users)
    test
  18. eveready920

eveready920 Keep droppin it Dade

Yo Mr.Frosty i was lookin thru ya myspace... btw dope beats... and i saw that aaron reid posted u a comment haha i used to go 2 school with him
    test
  19. Stackin$$$

Stackin$$$ New Member

People been usin 808 Drums for 20 years...everyone from MArvin Gaye to Lil Jon...impossible for sounds to be "played out"...
    test
  20. Loud Enuff

Loud Enuff Loud Enuff Productions

really i dont see how a sound can be played out, unless it is some crazy ass fucked up synth type shit, cuz seriously, pianos, violins, guitars etc.. have been used soooo many times in every genre of music, and its not like the sound of them has changed much..

so how could one piano sound on any workstation be played out? its not like it sounds much different from the piano beethoven used etc..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.