VST plug ins---better than expensive keyboards

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by ()Solitary, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fro$tyTheGreat

Fro$tyTheGreat The Head Honcho

^I finally checked your beats out the other day and I must say, for someone who dotes on gear so much...where's the heat? I mean you muthafuckas spend 3/4 of your 14,000+ posts on RM talking about software, and the latest VSTs, etc. but where are the hot beats?

I don't understand
    test
  2. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

^the same could be said for ur beats but with myspace only allowing 4 beats and preferences being a big thing whos to say thats all Ive got?
    test
  3. Dre Derelict

Dre Derelict New Member

Emcees hate on what emcees do and producers hate on what producers do. The most frustrating thing about beat makers is the POINTLESS debate on preference. I, personally, don't like Reason that much as far as Software is concerned. But go to Know Talent's myspace page...and I went to a show that he had too, son...TRUST me his beats are crazy. Made me open back up Reason 3.0 just to find out more about after I heard his shit.

The problem with Reason, cats think it's only good for Composing and they go in there making a bunch of stringy, eminem knockoff, cheap keyboard sounding beats. And it comes out boring.

VST's/Software vs. Hardware is a dumb argument.

I'll tell you this, if you're looking for good sounds that sound good (organic and quality wise) Triton's new shit and the Motif are mos def the way to go. Software, Reason 3.0 has a lot of sounds so you don't have to go stack up with expensive VST's unless you're looking to add on. AND Reason has refills. Which hardware, BASICALLY, has too.

I would never say "fuck *insert product* get Reason" or "fuck *insert product* get a mpc" come on man.
    test
  4. Ray Digga

Ray Digga NeosulOSkoolAbstrkHipHop

I use hardware VST andd Resaon the best from all worlds....

Digga
    test
  5. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

agreed
    test
  6. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

1st off timbo and the neptunes got everything at their disposal...and I don't think they use vsts.

if u want their sounds u gotta put up your bread, plain and simple.

and learn how to tweak synths to fit the track....it's ALL about tweaking man....tweak+layer+automation+modulation=a fire synth....then once u got all ur melodies layed out apply some LIGHT effects..more felt than heard (noone wants to hear no loud ass reverb on shit)

its all about experimenting....so if ur lazy then u aint gonna get good results period
    test
  7. kojo

kojo New Member

funny you say that, timbaland has a motif, a triton, and an asr-10...but he swears by VSTs, they are his secret weapon. this is straight from his mouth, its in a mix magazine article online, he wouldnt reveal which ones but i have a hunch he or danja have messed with this VST called Nostalgia. ive played with a triton extreme, a fantom, motif etc. often because my job is right by a guitar center and they dont sound any different than software such as the korg legacy M1 and plugsound to my ears, its more about flavors/varieties of sound than superiority when comparing all these romplers.

But, the real authentic stuff you have to use a sampler like Kontakt or Giga and the libraries are pretty expensive. from my experiences, VSTs and hardware do sound better than the stuff thats in Reason 3 in the acoustic department, but the combinator allows me to make stuff you cant get with those products.

When i read JR rotem was strictly using Reason even with all that gear he has i couldnt understand why till i messed with that combinator and started tweaking away. anyway i think VA synths are another story when comparing VSTs to hardware, that one ill say hardware still winning in some cases...
    test
  8. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

i have myself a fantom x and i still see myself using vsts/software more than the board
    test
  9. Fro$tyTheGreat

anyone with working ears can listen to my songs that I produced and then listen to your "beats" and hear the enormous difference in quality. furthermore, I don't even have to say that. just peep the number of plays and hits I have...and i'm HARDLY on the net, lol.

damn i'm great
    test
  10. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

quality is subjective also. some people like transparncy some like warmth and body to the sound. also unless u have truely heard a good amount of anyones material u cant really judge them as a great anything. thats like saying u saw Michael Jordan the night he got crossed over by Iverson and then forever think he is a terrible defender. anyway i dont know why ur so combative or cocky ur really not as good as u say u r.
    test
  11. Fro$tyTheGreat

I don't have to say it, my stats say i'm the shit
    test
  12. b-real 123

b-real 123 New Member

I heard Timbo uses Native Instrument's Reaktor 5.Also the Netunes use
    Arp 2600 from Arturia.
    test
  13. The Militant

The Militant New Member

yeh and your stats wouldnt lie now would they lol
    test
  14. ()Solitary

()Solitary New Member

thats coo,...thanks a lot peeps..
    test
  15. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

thats funny kuz soundclick is a perfect example of lyin stats
    test
  16. BeatSlangaz

BeatSlangaz 08 is not your year!

^^aint that the truth
    test
  17. Fro$tyTheGreat

MySpace buddy

and you saying "lyin stats" is just ignorant at the least. think about the statement a bit and really ask yourself how can there be "lyin stats".

there's no argument, it's just a shame that you have 14,000+ posts on here and your beats are mediocre (which anyone will tell you). and that's exactly why you're still on the net increasing your post count that shows you have no social life.

go make a beat tape or somethin

lol
    test
  18. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

motif es sounds shit on every vst you are gonna buy.

believe me.
    test
  19. diabolic

diabolic beats for the streets

Korg Triton ,Roland Fantom ,Yamaha Motif,
    test
  20. ()Solitary

()Solitary New Member

I don't think yall understood my question.

The decision if wether VST's are better than hardware is ur choice..however, IM just trying to gget myself in the hands of sum Ill VST sounds.......not jus wack ass Fruity Loops samples that are lame as fuck...

I heard Reason comes with many VST already included..is this true..and is it possible to make hot shit in the hands of somoone who knows that he is doing...??
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.