[VOTE][Week 2] Cigma(0-1) vs nO gOoD!(0-1)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Aug 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

VERSES

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM PST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 5 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match and labeling the CHAMP and CONTENDER respectively!!!
    •Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    NASTY- LyRiKaLxLoRd
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

[​IMG]

Thoughts in perspective
    travel the
    space between two worlds.
    Of the infinite
    Nature bore
    an innocent being.

A short night wakes me
    from a dream
    that seemed so long ago.
    One leaf lets go
    then another
    takes the wind.
    What do you understand?
    One sound
    the voice of Autumn.

Not even for a moment
    do things stand still
    witness color in trees.
    test
  3. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

hell yeah Cigma, expect a top notch verse from me this week, I'm about 30 lines in.

its gonna be sick bro. good luck

The picture added here only cause it was cool as fuck looking. I went further too and did a real quick audio version too.

listen while you read. Enjoy fellas.. the track is still in rough stage but you can at least listen. I'll master it up later.
    SoundClick artist: Dove Dozer - Dove Dozer, new school, positive vibes.

[​IMG]

Locked in the trunk..

I have a story to tell.

To keep it in is toxic...

I feel sick to think about it,

so your the one I'll talk with...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

20 August 1976

I awoke in hell..
    I'll tell you of the darkest plot...

no fire - brimstone,
    I was in the parking lot...

to start's the hard part...
    can't take a breath, coughin...

the day was cold and dark,
    I thought of death often...

cherishing every breath,
    I seemed cautious...

whoever put me here is sick,
    I don't mean nauseous...

a total surprise,
    I didn't know the disquise

was gonna hit me like a freight train,
    you'll notice the size...

of the ride in the picture.
    it looks deceiving...

the trunk's actually bigger,
    this aint a book I'm reading...

it was real life then,
    I was shook and bleeding...

the devil played a part,
    I hate the crooked heathen...

the engine seemed alive,
    like it would have to breathe...

I swear it had a pulse,
    and it's blood was gasoline...

it had me in it's clutches..
    with no way to escape...

I was on my way to hell,
    but had to wait at the gate...

every minute seemed eternity,
    with the motor runnin...

like I'm gonna die,
    and now I know it's commin...

I'm shiverin cold,
    I can feel the goosebumps...

as we swerve down the road,
    I'm prayin for a loose trunk...

the wind was howling...
    just like the devil's dog...

we race down darkness
    in a heavy fog...

I can't think straight,
    I saw a blink, he hit the brakes...

if he pops the trunk
    then I'm fit to escape...

I can't even think,
    how long I've been trapped....

soon enough it all changed,
    weight on the the gas...

it was dark here,
    but the speed was blinding...

it didn't take long,
    I heard the cops and sirens...

whats it gonna take,
    to stop this violence...

we need to pull together
    to stop the tyrants...

don't think this is fake,
    written script...

I was in the car,
    when it flipped in the ditch...

when I came to,
    tried to move, was afraid to...

ain't the same dude,
    who can I put the blame to...

later found out,
    I was lucky to survive...

I should live stress free
    and be alive..

my freedom and my life,
    no one can take from me...

Because the man that I escaped,
    was Ted Bundy...
    test
  4. Mad OrphaN

Mad OrphaN New Member

This was easy to battle,Cigma didnt even try.

Cigma-you obviously went for quality over quantity.your piece read like a memoir rather than a story.It was poetic yes but not enough for a win,as the readers actually want a story.You couldve done a trillion things with that pic you used.

NG-Good topic and story.Your flow was easy and to the point.I really got involved in the story until the twist at the end.Dope all around.

Vote-NG
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Cigma - I actually enjoyed this verse. It had a very poetic vibe to it and i think that it had so much potential to be stellar. The wording was nice, the picture fit it nicely. The only downfall this was the fact that it was so short. It didn't have enough time to really develop enough and it put a limit on how awesome this could have been. Still i enjoyed it. Nicely done

Fave Line -
    "Not even for a moment
    do things stand still
    witness color in trees."

NG - Excellent work her and a major step up from last weeks performance. The rhyming and flow were on point and really hit hard. I enjoyed the stroy really well which painted a nice picture for me. It wasn't as in depth as i would've liked but this didn't need it. I think that you pick up from where you left off last time you were in the league. Nicely done.

Fave Line -
    "I awoke in hell..
    I'll tell you of the darkest plot...

no fire - brimstone,
    I was in the parking lot..."

Overall a good match up and i believe that Cigma's verse had soo much potential but was too short. In the end, NG won this with a more in depth and lyrical sound story. nicely done guys

Vote - NG
    test
  6. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

Cigma - your verses are very poetic. the imagery is usually really good. had this one been longer i think this could have been a great verse. the problem with your verses though, is this is a rap league, not a poetry league. you need to incorporate more rap aspects into your verse. a big part of how i judge verses is off rhymes and the flow. which is missing from your verses.

NG - nice story, nice twist. the ending really made the whole verse clear. a very interesting take on the picture. i also like the way you formatted the verse. made it easy to read. the flow was good. i know how much that means to you lol. lyrically was cool too. a good ass drop

vote- NG
    test
  7. Murderous Keys

Murderous Keys All's well that ends

*cigma - nice poetic verse but it just wasnt a topic battle gem nice open mic but it just left me dry but the slow and rhyme scheme was nice just not enough depth

NG- nice verse. great story which u stayed on point along with the rhyme. very tough verse to beat, good job bro.

vote n to the g
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

test
  9. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

Cigma..nice poetic peice..Jus needs to be longer homie. Stay on it longer next wek bro.

Ng..good verse man. Clean audio too. U sound like my homie. Good story all the way threw. Lyrics and rhymes were nice.

Vote...Ng
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  10. RICO

RICO my daughter right there

Ng.

its crazy how you break your bars down very easy to read. short to the point lines but good word choice so you get the point across without strecthing the lines...great detail, and the ending was ina word perfect.

Cig.

i liked it. matter a fact i loved it. very peaceful and poetic, worked great for that picture, i think i know exactly what you were thinking....

for me vote- cig.

ng was so well written, but i just enjoyed his more. barley. i litterally have nothing bad to say about ngs....
    great work guys.
    test
  11. Calibre

Calibre Peoples Champ

Vote - no good
    I enjoyed reading both verse here, and to be honest, it would have been a lot closer providing cigma had some more lines, cigma has always been seeming to produce got stuff, I just want to see longer stories from you cig. . No good, I know you, you're a vet in this shit, story was very much on point from top to bottom, description was there, flow was there, story was epic. Loved your shit my nicca
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

NG up 6-1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.