[VOTE][Contender] 3. Scrolls(2-0) vs 4. nO gOoD!(1-1)

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Tacky Jones, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

[​IMG]

VERSES

VERSUS DUE: Every Friday @ 11:59 PM PST
    LINE LIMIT: Minimum of 16 lines, Maximum of 64
    ** NO RECYCLING, NO EXCEPTIONS **
    •Recycling is the equivalent to that of a no-show and will be treated as such, thus resulting in a loss in favor of the participant whom chose to recycle and a win in favor of his/her opponent
    •Extensions may only be granted if a moderator has given consent prior to a verse being posted in the match OR your opponent gives his consent
    •If granted, the extension will override deadline for both participants extending it for no more than 24 hours
    •CHECK-INS are encouraged, but not required
    •Verses MUST incorporate AT LEAST 1 of the provided topics or pictures
    •A failure to show will result in a loss and a sign out by default
    •If your opponent fails to show, you MUST STILL post AT LEAST 5 lines (4-15) AND 3 voting links in order to claim victory
    •A Championship Title WILL NOT be decided by way of no-show!!!
    •If an opponent fails to show in a Championship match, the remaining participant will be ranked as the number 1 seed, but will not be considered a Champion until a win by vote
    •Upon your second no show, you will be suspended for two weeks of competition. A third no show will result in a three week suspension and a fourth will result in a suspension for the remainder of the season. There is no suspension for first time no showers.
    • Competitors are limited to posting 3 times in their own match, which allows for checking in, posting votes, and posting a verse. For each post over 3 unless deemed necessary by the mods, the competitor will be docked one vote.
    • Each competitor may only post once in another competitors battle allowing for a vote and nothing more, if you would like an explanation or to explain as to why a vote was cast a certain way, you can pm them or point things out properly in the vote to begin with. Violating this will result in losing a vote in your match.
    • A verse can be edited if and only if it is the first verse to be posted and the other verse has yet to be posted or it is the second verse posted and a vote has yet to be received.
    • Members found constantly disruptive to the league will have their sign-in ignored.

VOTING

VOTES DUE: Every Sunday @ 11:59 PM PST

•You MUST vote on AT LEAST 5 matches AND post links in your thread
    •EACH link NOT POSTED will result in a 1 vote DEDUCTION
    •Voting on the Championship and Contender matches is mandatory
    •Champ and Contender links MUST be labeled accordingly
    •Your votes MUST be AT LEAST 2 FULL lines in length per verse in order to be deemed valid (Discretion given on incomplete verses)
    •Failure to vote and/or post LABELED LINKS will result in vote deductions in your battle
    •If your opponent fails to show, you are still accountable for voting on 3 matches as well as posting those links in your match and labeling the CHAMP and CONTENDER respectively!!!
    •Votes posted AFTER DEADLINE will NOT COUNT!!!
    •Voting is open to PARTICIPANTS, RSTL MODERATORS, and PAST CHAMPIONS ONLY!!!
    •PAST CHAMPIONS MUST vote on a MINIMUM of 3 matches in order to be counted as a legitimate voter
    •Editing your vote for any reason must be done within the hour of the original post time. Otherwise, the vote will be null and void.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Any changes must be agreed upon by both participants and cleared by a moderator

MODERATORS ARE LAW OF THE LAND
    AIM NAMES
    NASTY- LyRiKaLxLoRd
    T.a.C- thedude8125
    ShadowWarriorfs- ShadowWarriorfs
    test
  2. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

whoa change of plans... I guess Im against scrolls this week..

good luck bro

edit : requesting 24 hr extension. you cool with this? I'm droppin an audio this week with my verse
    test
  3. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

Innnnn.

Good Luck
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  4. Scrolls-Oracle of Omen

Scrolls-Oracle of Omen *DBS*--*A.B.C*

BOOOOOOM!!!!

We woke to the sounds of explosive shells...like this world Jus opened realms and we just awoke in hell...
    My fuckin ears ringin like a broken bell...people yelling in English, but I never spoke it well...
    My son and I escaped outside, as the roof collapses...our home will soon be ashes, as the rebel forces passed and moved in masses....
    We huddled together, Jus tryin to stay warm...tryin not to trip the sensors on the claymores...
    As my sons sound asleep, I snuck around to peak...I can hear large amounts of feet and sounds of speech...
    I tip toe'd back to our hiding place...I gotta find a way to try and escape...
    If were found, we'll be tried and placed inside a cave as diamond slaves...

*American soldiers moved further into Africa...trying to stop the rebel forces from enslaving the African people and slaughtering them...the sun rises, the fire fight continues*

An American passed by, he told us to stay low...I nodded, and watched the rain flow off his stained clothes...
    He was followed by other brave souls...as we followed parallel on the same road...
    Then we saw the muzzle flash from the double blast...I grabbed his arm and fumbled past knowin escapin would be a troubled task...
    The bullets whizzin by, are comin Damn close...I looked over as my glance froze on a grenade exploding on the sand roads knocking over a lamp post...
    I grabbed my lungs and coughed, "son, we gotta run across..now while the sun is lost..."
    The thick dust feels like some kind of aired gas...this reality I'm scared to grasp...
    Runnin across this prepared path and hard gravel that cuts like bear traps...
    We saw a group of marines, not far away from us...gettin to them is dangerous, jumpin over these graves and such..
    The clouds are a dark grimson grey...headin to where our mission lays...
    Runnin as the ground rips up mist and sprays from the bullets that are missin strays and ricochetes...
    I grabbed his hand, as my son asks sadly, " u think we'll make it?" While dippin threw these back alleys..
    "I do my son, the Americans already freed us"...*click* that's when a claymore exploded right inbetween us..

*I crawled to my son*

"Daddy...I think gods gonna take me now...to an astounding place.."
    I turned around to say...as his eyes slowly shut..and a tear rolled down his face..
    "Son, please get up, Im not sayin goodbye today"....I picked him up, and walked straight out to the highway...

"I love u..."

[​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  5. nO gOoD!

nO gOoD! Life Music :: Press Play

[​IMG]

this song came to me as I stared at this picture.

please listen while you read.

Click this --> SoundClick artist: Dove Dozer - Dove Dozer, new school, positive vibes.

----------------

yo I've burnt some bridges,
    and I've told some women

that I loved em... heh,
    should have known I'm fibbin..

will I learn my lessons?
    answers turn to questions when I,

burn a session,
    cause these words are weapons,

it's a... lonely road of hope,
    when only cold and broke..

I hold the flow and choke,
    ya know its how this soldier copes..

at night I find... sometimes I'm restless,
    in spite of the mind of rhymes I'm blessed with

you can still stop..
    press rewind to catch this

let the guitar sing,
    so the strings I mesh with...

I can only hope..
    that I reach the next hit,

I'll tell my tale son,
    and speak straight from the chest kid..

----------------
    (2x)

I've walked the same road,
    talked the same tale..

fought the same foes
    and watched the same fail..

it's not the same game,
    that taught me to write..

and it's not the same pain,
    that almost cost me my life..

I've watched the same bros
    get sloshed - the same ale

do stupid shit,
    and get locked in the same jail

it aint the same game,
    all flashy with lights...

so if you share the same pain,
    pass me the mic..

----------------

I never claimed to be a saint,
    then be a hypocrite..

I only claim to hold my weight,
    when I flip the script..

it's my self titled debut,
    music is life..

I keep it real to my roots,
    and now I'm doin it right.

cause I spent too many days
    where I could think to myself

and drown my sorrows
    take another drink from the shelf

I have to buckle down now,
    how I live my life

can't muck around, and be a clown
    with the kids and wife.

it was always in my strategy,
    to have a family,

but how'd I grow into the man,
    that I never planned to be?

-----------------

(2x)

I've walked the same road,
    talked the same tale..

fought the same foes
    and watched the same fail..

it's not the same game,
    that taught me to write..

I've watched the same bros
    get sloshed - the same ale

do stupid shit,
    and get locked in the same jail

it aint the same game,
    all flashy with lights...

so if you share the same pain,
    pass me the mic..
    test
  6. ShogunCrosse

ShogunCrosse The Fuckin' Good Guy...

I'll use this post for my vote, and vote later but I just wanted to go ahead and say that this is 100% topical written verse battle league...theres audio leagues elsewhere and postin an audio should be against the rules. Anyone who posts an audio could get the edge easily in a battle...I did enjoy the audio no-good, dont get me wrong, it's just i didnt feel comfortable voting after hearing it cause then the vote would be based not only on written talent but i would also be thinkin of how well your verse sounded.
    So this being said, im going to read and re-read these verses and vote fairly tonight :)
    test
  7. Tacky Jones

scrolls - holy...fuck. talk about a tear jerker lmfao. this shit was depressing as hell. but very nicely done. the story was well developed, i didnt expect the ending. nice use of the pic. you got some sick ass rhymes dude. love the multis you use. the only gripe i have with your writing (i may have said this before and just dont remember) is the format. your verses end up looking paragraphs. im sure a lot of it has to do with posting from your phone though, and it doesnt really take away from the verse so no real biggie.

ng - damn. very nice song. loving the hook. the rhymes were sick. one thing i liked about this verse is you strayed away from what everyone tends to due, and thats come up with a story for their piece. instead you used the topic more as inspiration to write a real song instead of just a story. fuck off, it makes sense in my head.

vote- ng. this was an extremely close battle. both of you came with it this week. well done fellas.
    test
  8. Cigma

Cigma Maxwell's Demon

Vote - Scrolls

He told a story in a rap rhyming form that was poignant and vivid.

NG - it had good flow but it was like flashcards to me. i mean there really wasn't too much to the verse substance wise.

show us what happened, put it in verse, keep your flow
    test
  9. ShogunCrosse

ShogunCrosse The Fuckin' Good Guy...

scrolls-sick verse...great flow an technique....youre imagery is illmaculate

NG-Damn kid, wayyyy better than i expected when i first began to read....Your flow was great...good structure...very good story

I vote for scrolls...very damned close which suprised me..i think NG could have used some more vocab...if he did then my vote would be his
    test
  10. Murderous Keys

Murderous Keys All's well that ends

Scrolls _ Dude, Awesome verse, My Opinion Best Verse This Round, Flow Was Great, Story Was Great, Only Thing I Don't Like Of Yours Is Your Long Lines, I Get Lost Easier, Wish you would change your set up..But seriously bro awesome verse.

NG- Dude, I LOVE YOUR Style, I Just couldn't get into this story very much, flow was nice strucure was great but again wasn't too found of what you did with it...You're Audio was sick loved the beat and how you flowed on top of it, if I could take in account your audio you would of had it, but this is text.

Vote - Scrolls
    test
  11. Calibre

Calibre Peoples Champ

v - tie

very interesting battle here, both came with something hard. scrolls had some very nice imaery and a very sick flow, story was epic very well written. NG again always on point with your stories and this was a good one, felt it even more listening to the mp3 accompanying it, well done. In the end i have to vote a tie scrolls had a sick story, i felt NG's just as much through the audio. Cant decide.

my 2 cents ha
    test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Scrolls - I enjoyed this. I think this was your best verse yet and an emotional one at that. The build up was great and and imagery was very well written. I thought the lines were a little long and could have been shorten to help the flow but i did like this a lot.

Fave line -
    " We woke to the sounds of explosive shells...like this world Jus opened realms and we just awoke in hell...
    My fuckin ears ringin like a broken bell...people yelling in English, but I never spoke it well...
    My son and I escaped outside, as the roof collapses...our home will soon be ashes, as the rebel forces passed and moved in masses....
    We huddled together, Jus tryin to stay warm...tryin not to trip the sensors on the claymores...

NG - This was written really well and i think that from a lyrical standpoint it was pretty much flawless. They rhymes were solid, the flow on point and the wording was great. The only bad point i would say is that the verse liked imagery. I wanted you to expand upon some things and it really felt like u just wanted to scratch the surface. Still, i found this verse enjoyable. Nicely done.

Fave line -
    "I've walked the same road,
    talked the same tale..

fought the same foes
    and watched the same fail.."

Overall A very good match. Both writers were on point with their different styles of writing but in this matchup. NG was more on point on the lyrical side but Scrolls told a better story. This was tough to decide but i think Scrolls wins it based on his story....good matchup guys...very close

V/ Scrolls
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

Scrolls wins 4-1
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.