Vocals off beat (Adobe Audition)

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by SpawnYours, May 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpawnYours

SpawnYours Gram •••••••

Sup ya'll .. I was recording in Adobe Audition and i'm noticing that the vocals are slightly off. I'm sure what is being recorded is on beat, but when I play it back it sounds off. Why? lol ..

Can anyone please help out with this!? I thought I was going crazy, but I know there is something wrong within the program.

Btw I'm using a good mic with an Mbox (if that helps any)

Thanks
    test
  2. Blackflags

Blackflags I be Strokin'

Yeah man, I can help. It has nothing to do with your mix or anything. You're getting latency because you're probably using your regular windows drivers. Go to ASIO4ALL - Universal ASIO Driver and download the latest drivers, and install them. When you come back into Adobe, go to edit>Audio Hardware setup. In your Multitrack view and Edit view tab, switch the box to "Asio4v" or whatever it says. After that, you want to select the correct input and output for your microphone and headphones/speakers. You may have to find a few selections before you come across the right one. Most people's settings are different, so they have different names. Also, make sure no other programs are open that will take use of these drivers, like Skype, Ventrilo, a game, etc etc. Once you select the correct ones, just click apply, and okay. I would recommend to close the program, re-open it up, and you should be golden man.
    test
  3. Blackflags

Blackflags I be Strokin'

If THAT doesn't help, I would say it's something wrong with your equipment, which it SHOULD work for you.
    test
  4. AndrewAbey

AndrewAbey New Member

it might be in your Latency settings, you have to check your settings in the audio processor settings and play around with the settings until you get it right
    test
  5. NarcoticFarm

NarcoticFarm New Member

As Blackflags says, try to install ASIO4ALL drivers. Its much better than original PC drivers.
    test
  6. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i had that problem ASIO helped a lil.. but if your trying to monitor yoru self while rapping it doesn't do so good, I like to make sure my swag is aight on the beat.
    test
  7. PDtoPENS

PDtoPENS New Member

Swag... thats what we call dirt weed. Dumb word.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.