Views on Steroids

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Nam Dekan, Jan 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

What are your views on steroids? Would you ever consider using them to get an edge? Such as in sports...

This question came to my mind when I was reading the transcript for Jose Canseco's interview with 60 Minutes.

This is a quote from Canseco in the interview

JOSE CANSECO: I don't recommend steroids for everyone and I don't recommend growth hormones for everyone. But for certain individuals, I truly believe, because I've experimented with it for so many years, that it can make an average athlete a super athlete. It can make a super athlete - incredible. Just legendary.

I think on Howard Stern also, Canseco said he believes steroids are okay as long as people are getting educated about what they are using.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Well, for the younger people, I'd say that no one under 21 should consider touching steroids. There is no reason for steroid use at young ages when the body is still pumping testosterone like mad, and health risks are greatly increased when younger people use steroids. While weight lifting won't stunt your growth, steroids WILL.

I really wouldn't encourage the use of steroids with most people just because people aren't informed enough about safe length of usage, dosage, and cycling.

After using for a period of time, a lifter can experience huge drops in natural testosterone production, sometimes the body is producing more estrogen than test. Though this may possibly be counteracted with supplements that increase natural testosterone production.

You've got to worry about acne, liver problems(mostly with oral steroids), hair loss, bitch tits, shrunken testicles, psychological effects, etc.

Overall, I'd say everyone's body is different, and everyone's going to react differently. But if someone is going to consider using them, they should already have a strict diet in place, and already have had solid gains and weight lifting experience for some time. Even then, you have to research EVERYTHING. Know what the fuck you are putting in your body-the different types of steroids(oral and injectables), dosage, how long to cycle, stacking, anti estrogen supplements for when you get off, reliable sources to order the juice, online scammers, etc.

Edit: Final note. Unless someone's going to be competing in the Mr. Universe competition, there is really no need to go to steroids. You can get big, get swoll, get ripped, get cut..Whatever, with supplements, the right diet, and a whole lot of pain.
    test
  3. Nam Dekan

Don't they test for steroids in Mr. Universe? or is it how baseball was a couple years ago, anything goes?

I think some other reasons Canseco gave for using was that it helped him to recover from injuries faster and helped him to endure the 162 game season and prolong his career.

Do you buy what these like Palmerio are saying when they test positive. Such as, "I don't know how that stuff got in my system."
    test
  4. Snikka

Snikka Vision Action Execution

basically pro bodybuilding in the top levels, such as Olympia contenders, has basically come to a "size at all costs" philosophy.

a lot of bodybuilders do steroids and a lot of pro athletes.

If you are gonna do roids you should REALLY study up and know your shit before you inject yourself with somthing. orals are terrible for your liver and way way less productive to gains. Any pro athlete IS injecting, it's safer and it's like 10 times better.

There's just so much you can accomplish naturally with just food and basic supplements, that unless you honestly are sitting on years of hard training or have come to a plateau, I don't see why you'd want to do steroids.

It's hard as hell to keep the gains you immediately get after doing roids. You need to do post cycle therapy, and your work ethic still needs to be high. They don't just work for themselves. It's not exactly cheap to purchase NOR is it remotely legal.

I don't honestly know enough about steroids to really make a comment towards they are good or bad for heatlh reasons, there's a lot of sides to that.. it's politics. There's a lot of ways to look at it.

However, if I was gonna do some... I'd start with going to a doctor and telling him exactly what I want to accomplish, get a testerostone level check... from what i read you can almost get a lot of the shit you want from a doctor legally.
    test
  5. Snikka

however in pro athletics, I think it's an unfair advantage.

there's a lot of players who earned their way to the top without performance enhancing drugs.

in bodybuilding at least there's natural competition and theres competitions that don't have drug testing. then again bodybuilders even FIRST PLACE olympia pays out a little over 100 grand prize money.. after like 7th place you get around 2 thousand bucks, and that's the fucking super bowl of bodybuilding.

so this isn't about money like is it in major sports.

I don't see how it can be good for you in any other sense... You're completely throwing off your natural body. but it can be argued.

here's how I look at it.

take a look at Arnold now.

take a look at Stallone now.
    test
  6. Snikka

this was disturbing to me:

[​IMG]

Know who that is? That's Craig Titus (IFBB pro bodybuilder at his arraignment)

I think dude and his wife got caught up for murder.. I heard a story about it on bodybuilding radio recently.

here's him before:

[​IMG]
    test
  7. Nam Dekan

With the steroid testing in baseball, the thing i found funny was that so far basically all the people who tested positive werent these huge guys but these small guys who can't even hit 5 homeruns in a season.

At the same time of the start of the stricter stance you see these once mighty players like Sosa just falling apart now, the dropoffs were insane.
    test
  8. Itz Ovah

Itz Ovah when it begins...

sosa sucks

an to be honest, i see nothing wrong with using steriods.. just dont abuse da dam drug, nah mean??.... some people tempt to use it more often and alot more.. just to make or feel big about themselves...

lol @ the before pic.. thats nasty, too much steriods
    test
  9. emotions.

emotions. access denied

No they should never be used, it's nto fair to cheat to get an advantage over someone who works their ass of. In the gym all the time and havin a healthy diet. Also, it destroys your body with uncontrollable rage, and testicular shrinkage just to name two.
    test
  10. Conceited One

Conceited One Please Say The Baby

I'm for them, if you know what you are doing and don't abuse them.
    test
  11. Teddy Breakfast

Teddy Breakfast dave rockstar.

they should be legal - but only for Men over 21....

there is no profoundly negative effect of steroids, that cannot be countered with another supplement.

2 of my closest boys do 'em... and it's amazing the results you get -

ban 'em in pro sports - but everyone else should be able to go get a prescription for them after a reasonable physical.

If you want cycle info, lemme know I'll get you what, how much, and how often my boys are cycling.

and how much they paid.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.