Video Game Instrumental / Hip Hop Crossovers

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by TsirhCitna, Mar 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TsirhCitna

TsirhCitna New Member

Seeing as how this is, afterall, rapmusic.com, I was wondering if anybody has come across any video game instrumental / hip-hop crossovers that they legitimately enjoyed.

I don't think this kind of thing is popular but I know of three releases with fairly decent production:

Team Teamwork - Ocarina of Rhyme [The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time instrumentals meshed in and synced with various popular mainstream songs]
    Team Teamwork - Vinyl Fantasy 7 [Final Fantasy VII instrumentals mixed and synced put under mainstream verses]
    DJ Ali Haeri - Chrono Trigger Mixtape Vol. 1 [Chrono Trigger instrumentals under mainstream verses]

I haven't heard much of the Vinyl Fantasy 7 or Ocarina of Rhyme (really, I've only heard them off youtube) but I downloaded the Chrono Trigger mixtape and it's pretty solid.

Here are four clips, listed respectively from the aforementioned list:

[youtube]XbvPVoVicok[/youtube]
    [youtube]En3ImaTyMBs[/youtube]
    [youtube]wDM8oBEIaLU[/youtube]
    [youtube]nrVk25mJ4fc[/youtube]

Anyways, I just thought it was really cool to hear some songs from video games I really loved in my childhood combined with some hip-hop. I know the people who typically visit this type aren't much of the Final Fantasy/Zelda/Chrono Trigger types but I know there are some, at least.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Fast forward to 1:43
    [youtube]OOvTslvSF8E[/youtube]

[youtube]OOvXIe-WDq0[/youtube]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.