VH1's Behind The Music: New Edition

Discussion in 'The R&B Haven' started by MOBB DEEP, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

I saw this last night. I was shocked when Michael Bivins said the group members received $1.87 a piece from their Candy Girl album. He said they had been on the road touring for 6 months & all the sweat & hard work they put into promoting the album, they only saw crumbs when it was time to get paid. I'm so sick of hearing these stories over & over again about how these record labels are fuckin shady. They ended up suing their record label Streetwise records & producer Maurice Starr. I'm glad they sued because there's no excuse for them to only receive $1.87 from that album. How are they supposed to live off that bullshit? I don't know if they won their lawsuit against Streetwise & Maurice Starr but i hope they did. So they ended up signing with MCA records for their 2nd album which was a success. They stayed with MCA for 12 years cause Home Again was the last album they did on MCA. When they signed with Bad Boy last year, they finally got out of their contract with MCA. I think they owed MCA some money so when they signed with Bad Boy, they paid MCA back. Ricky Bell & Johnny Gill spoke on them signing with Bad Boy talkin about Puff Daddy wanted them to appeal to the young generation with their latest album. Johnny said that didn't work because the group didn't wanna appeal to a new audience. Johnny said they're grown men so they wanted to make a album for the people who grew up on their music which is understandable. Ricky basically said the same thing. Ya'll should've seen Bobby Brown when they was talkin to him hahahahahahahahahahahaha. He looked high the whole time he was talkin & his mouth is curled up when he speaks LOL. Ronnie Devoe was the only member who wasn't interviewed.
    test
  2. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

Yeah, I saw this. NE got fucked over several times!
    test
  3. Chokolate

Chokolate Melts N Ya Mouth

LMAO I knew I wasnt the only one that thought Bobby looked like he was geeked lol...but it is sad how they screwed over some 12 and 13 year olds...I love NE but didnt realize that had so many hardships
    test
  4. StylisticS

StylisticS National Champions

I remember the TLC Behind the Music Edition and it was basically the same story on how the record companies. They are very shady and they all say the exact same thing. I seen that it came on but I didnt watch because the Mavs/Rockets game was on. But i'll watch it again.
    test
  5. Young_gunna23

Young_gunna23 New Member

yea artists are so happy to get a deal that they will sign their life away, its sad
    test
  6. K-Skills

K-Skills Mr.Skills

That was shocking 1.87 for all those records they sold.
    test
  7. Catch TWENTY 2

Catch TWENTY 2 Poet Extrodinaire

I was trippin off bobby people and I forget the other dude in the group people going at it. They said dude was about to shoot one of bobby people but the gun misfired!
    test
  8. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

Is that a 1.87 each or for all of them to divide amongst them? Because if it's a 1.87 each that's a pretty big chunk of the album sale... You figure there's 5 of them that'd be 9.35 which is more than I'm guessing most anyone gets.

But aye, do they have any plans to show it again? Everytime I turn on VH1 it's just this same shit about the 100 sexiest people
    test
  9. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

They got $1.87 a piece for Candy Girl album. That's a god damn shame. If a record company gave me a check for that, i'd wanna fuck up the person who's in charge at the record label LOL. That don't make no sense that's all they got from that album. How were they supposed to live off of that? Music artists do need to read their contracts before they sign. See the problem why so many black artists get taken advantage of is because they believe what they see on tv from lookin at the videos & they think artists are living good but they're not.
    test
  10. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

Catch Twenty 22, one of Ronnie Devoe's people was gonna shoot at one of Bobby Brown's people at their concert but he missed. Luckily nobody got hurt. The reason why one of Ronnie's people was gonna shoot at one of Bobby's people is because Ronnie got mad at Bobby because Bobby had a solo set at the concert & Ronnie felt like Bobby's set was too long so Ronnie pulled him off stage & that's when that confrontation happened.
    test
  11. Hpnotiq

Hpnotiq KISS MY ASS BITCHES

did anybody else notice how twisted bobbys mouth was. like he has had a stroke.
    test
  12. Ixtlan

Ixtlan emceeingain'tforyou...

That was one of the best "Behind The Music" specials I've ever seen.
    test
  13. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

We're not talking MILLIONS, the dude said one dollar, and eighty seven fucking cents.
    test
  14. SimpleMinded

SimpleMinded New Member

They received a dollar eighty seven a piece for the album as a whole? I was talking about per album sold which is where the misunderstanding came in here. If they each got 1.87 when an album was sold that would be a good portion of the albums earnings. If they got a 1.87 overall well, there must have been a typo because i couldn't rightly see that happening.
    test
  15. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Even better than the Motley Crue and Rick James ones?

I remember when the Motley Crue drummer said they were chillin' wit Ozzy Osbourne one time, drinkin' like mad and doing all types of drugs... that Ozzy saw a line of ants gathered on a popsicle stick and snorted them all up... and the drummer's eyes bugged out, like "whoa, this dude is sick." One of their guitarists actually shot Jack Daniels in his veins... he put the shit in a hypodermic needle and shot it up. Those heavy metal ones are the best.

I need to get cable again... is there a "Behind the Music" series available on DVD?

test
  16. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

SimpleMinded how many times do i have to say this to you. Each group member received $1.87 a piece from Candy Girl album sales. That ain't shit. I don't know how many copies Candy Girl album sold but Michael Bivins said they each got $1.87 a piece from that album. If i was them, i would've went to Maurice Starr & fucked his ass up LOL.
    test
  17. AllOrNothinEnt

AllOrNothinEnt Retired from Rapmusic.com

Exactly, dude said $1.87 EACH, not per album sold lol.
    I would have raped the dude.
    test
  18. MOBB DEEP

MOBB DEEP New Member

Hell yeah i would've fucked Maurice up, bitch ass muthafucka. I hope New Edition won their lawsuit against him back in the day.
    test
  19. Sidneh Bihar

Sidneh Bihar New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.