Vera Vs Jon Jones @ UFC 109.. (Lil Nog Out)

Discussion in 'MMA, Boxing & Other Combat Sports' started by NOBLE SOLDIER, Dec 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An ankle injury has forced recent UFC addition Antonio Rogerio Nogueira out of a planned bout with fellow light heavyweight Brandon Vera on Feb. 6 at UFC 109.

While the latest bout cancellation in the UFC may cause many fans to groan, the potential replacement contest may result in the complete opposite.

MMAjunkie.com has learned from sources close to the organization that the UFC is targeting Vera for a potential headlining contest against Jon Jones at an as-yet-unannounced UFC Fight Night 21 event on March 31 in Denver.
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

So after Jones beats him, and beats a top contender do you guys think he will get a title shot?
    test
  3. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think if Shogun wins the title in the second bout the first defense we'll see is probably vs the spider. If machida wins, I really dunno. The LHW division is definitely stacked, but there usually aren't clear cut number one contenders until someone dominates another guy. If jones walked in and knocked the shit out of vera, he'd probably get a title shot.
    test
  4. I'd like to see jones get the shot against Machida if he wins.. but i agree that if shogun wins it'll be against Silva..
    test
  5. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I think shogun vs spider would be a great bout. Although Anderson is 10x the striker, shogun isn't that bad and could probably at least survive in that aspect. And when it comes to grappling, the reverse is true.
    test
  6. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Man, you wouldn't be able to shut pride fans up if Rua toppled both.
    test
  7. jayoo

jayoo new york representative

disappointed they tryin to put this on a fight night card.. bein it'll be the headline it makes sense but id rather him be a 2nd or 3rd fight on ppv he deserves it

anyways he can take vera.. he should be able to finish the fight, who's next if he wins no idea I been thinkin jardine, rich franklin, maybe silva if rashad beats em, or id like to see him vs griffin but forrest said in a recent interview he wouldn't want a fight like jones cause he's real talented but not a big name yet

for those suggesting a title shot I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.. its a stacked division, there's plenty before him in line and I don't think he's ready yet but with greg jackson its only a matter of time
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  8. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

I see a takedown and a bully beatdown on the ground.
    test
  9. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

test
  10. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Hmmm...well, if they do something like give Couture a title shot after beating Vera and Coleman, I think your boy would def deserve one if he beat Vera and a contender [dunno]
    test
  11. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

thats ol buddy that demolished Matt Hammel..but got DQ'd on that elbow right?..
    test
  12. test
  13. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

he had contested that shit or somethin right?...
    test
  14. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^Yeah, but I doubt he'd get anywhere. It was a good decision based on a controversial rule.
    test
  15. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

^ word.....its fucked up....but thats how it is...

he handled Hammel tho....
    test
  16. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

^True. You can tell they respect that - Vera's a step up from Hamill. I bet Hamill drops further down the chain despite him technically getting the W.
    test
  17. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

^ yeah...good match...
    test
  18. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Couture didn't win that fight. I'm sorry, but it had to be said...
    test
  19. Crusty Dagger

Crusty Dagger New Member

^ vs Vera?....

it was close...but I will say Couture controlled tha gon...
    test
  20. ANDtheMC

ANDtheMC New Member

Cage control is overrated. You should NOT win a fight just off cage control. It's one thing if you maintain cage control AND do damage. But he did not do the latter whatsoever.

Vera hurt him MULTIPLE times where he almost ended the fight. Couture never even hurt Vera. He wasted his time holding him on the cage and attempting to take him down but he didn't take Vera down ONCE!

Vera won that fight... I don't even like Brandon Vera but Couture took an L in that fight IMO.

But Jon Jones will merk him.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.