Vaporizers?

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Ignorant, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

Anybody use them? Are they better than bowls and bongs? I hear they're supposed to give you a cleaner and clearer high with less smoke.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

better? in what way?

cuz if youre askin if i think a vaporizer is as satisfying as blazing a finely rolled spliff or puffing out of a nice glass water bong then no, a vaporizer does not compare

but they are still good as a novelty....like doing blades or a gravity bong

i could never hit a gravity bong ALL the time....

I like the ritual of a spliff or a nice water bong....

but as i said they are great as a novelty.....everytime i tried one i got pretty high off it, barely any smoke, if any noticable smoke at all.

i had a friend who made his own out of scraps from his dads workshop....they always worked great
    test
  3. LiQuiD6

LiQuiD6 Left hook Justice

vaping is better....its cleaner because there is no smoke....the difference is that most people enjoy smoking because you get a buzz off inhaling smoke....you want the same buzz then start a fire and breathe that shit in a bit...its not good for you...then you end up burning a lot of thc away which you never take in...

So vaping is the only way to get almost everything out of any herb in all of its purity besides cooking with it...and vaping imo should be the only way to ingest if your taking for medical purposes..i dont enjoy smoking and it makes me feel like shit which counters why i vape in the first place....and you taste A LOT more herbs when you vape....the flavors come through a lot more and its a bit more soothing...

My recommendations:

First off the volcano is great...but its a bit outrageous in price @ 400-500....so lets keep it realistic...

cop a vaporgenie...its 50 bucks....vaporgenie.com and call it a day....works better then any cheap vaporizer...and in someways is more efficient then any of the electric units under 150.... I have one and i love it...its my main vape because its fast, stealthy and portable....Has a lifetime warranty and the customer service is great....my top cracked.. i sent an email with a picture of the damage and they sent me another one free...

[​IMG]

Next theres the vaportower...its about 150-185...i got one...shit works really good...my only problem is that from time to time you have to move your ish around and the bowl gets really hot so you have to wait for it to cool off before you can open it again...what i like is that since the bowl is on top the whip is handsfree so you dont have to hold it in place while you use it...easy for multiple people or if you watching tv or on the pc and got it on the desk...

[​IMG]

then theres the V-tower Extreme....i havent used it...but i want this shit...its 300 but it can be used as a whip like the vaportower...or it can be used as a bag system like the volcano because it has a built in fan...i only read good reviews on it...and everyone whos told me about it loves it and says its the only vaporizor touching the volcano and in some ways better because you can use it like a whip....and it also has a remote control...another thing you can do that you cant do with the volcano is you can use the whip while turning the fan on...for a super hit...which will get to you REAL quick...Just make sure you dont cop the cheaper 200 dollar one...its whip only and doesnt have a fan and cant do balloons...if thats the case your better off just getting the vapor tower which is a little cheaper

[​IMG]
    test
  4. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I saw one of those vapo-genies and thought about gettin' it, which is the reason why I ask the question... plus, I want to be stealthy in my consumption and avoid the smoke. Sounds great.
    test
  5. LiQuiD6

with a vaporgenie you can vape INSIDE....all you gotta do is close the door...open a window...blow vapor out the window....no one will know....you can use some incense or a candle to cover it up even more if you worried about it...but with vaping you dont really smell shit if you blow out the window...and the smell doesnt linger...even if you get vapor in the room the smell dissipates really fast....

one thing i will tell you is that it takes practice to use the vaporgenie....you will be shitty at it for the first couple uses and wonder why it aint working....you gotta pull in air slow...and keep the flame tip inside the center....then you can speed up your air intake once the ceramic gets hot.....whatever you do...you dont touch the flame to ANYTHING....it just floats around in the hole while you pull in hot air...once you get good at it you will kill a whole bowl in 2-4 hits.....you will know when your done vaping when you get a taste of burnt popcorn...that means you have vaped everything and anything more would burn...which is bad...cause it leaves tar on your bowl and then you gotta clean it out to keep the vape pure...the og vapor genie is tougher to use then the exotic because its shorter so its harder to see the flame...but its cheaper and is more durable...ive bought both....the og one has a bigger bowl too...but the exotic looks nice as hell
    test
  6. PhilNYCE

PhilNYCE Guest

i got 4 of my own...

vaporizers are the shiznits!
    test
  7. liquid`acid

liquid`acid gods busy can I help you?

i hate vapos with a passion

ive tried everything listed in here, plus others. they dont do shit, can barely get a buzz from em.

source? lots of articles back this claim up, but none of em have a credible source.

so lets introduce a lil chemistry and logic

changing THC from a solid to a gasious state is an endothermic reaction, and with constant airflow from a joint/pipe/bong the thc will be sucked away from the heat source befor the endothermic reaction can continue and ???? . . do somthing, i dunno this isnt my crack pot theory, but im sure luquid6 knows what the next endothermic reaction in line is, taking thc from a gasious state to ???? somthing? just remember, the thc cant be destroyed only changed, usually requiring an addition of an element previously not present.

wow it kinda looks like the constant heat provided by a vapo is almost detrimental, if there is another reaction in line.

again lets apply logic

what your talking about is essentialy asphixiation, lack of oxygen. since both these chemical reactions require oxygen to occure, so its safe to assume that both techniques have the "buzz" you are attempting to associate with smoke inhalation. infact a vapo will will induce greater asphixiation as you still get oxygen with the other devices.

and there is a term that sums up "a cleaner and clearer high" and that term is commonly known as "less high"

iggy if u wanna blaze on the dl, dont smoke blunts or joints and use a bounce tube like normal people. if you at all enjoy the high you achieve currently you will regret spending a dime on a vapo
    test
  8. LiQuiD6

im not an expert but a lot of what you typed looks nice but after reading is very scatterbrained and really seems more overthought then anything...

if you use logic...the Heating temperature of vaporization never reaches the temperature that you achieve when you use combustion....yea you are applying constant heat...but its constant heat that you have control of... your argument would only make sense if you left the heat on and continued to hit after it had already changed to a gaseous state...the next step in the reaction is irrelevant because you terminate the reaction once gas is no longer produced...

the fact remains that inhaling smoke isnt good for respiratory tissues...

and trying to associate asphyxiation with smoke with vaporizing really doesnt work because the delivery system of the vaporization will require oxygen in say something like a vaporgenie...being that your only heating the ceramic which you have to pull air in... you are taking in oxygen when you pull in and also fueling the fire with oxygen by pulling in...

the ceramic heating element in my vaportower also allows heated air to enter in with each pull from the whip since the air you pull comes from the bottom of the ceramic tube...goes through the heating element and then passes through the dual screen through the herbs...so you are not creating the asphyxiation...

i mean i understand you might not like vapes...and im pretty sure you know more about marijuana then i do and i could be wrong...but the points your trying to make dont seem clear....are you trying to say that because of vaporization you dont get all the chemicals out of the bud? since your tapping into lower temperatures you activate separate chemicals that only reach the body through using higher temps?
    test
  9. liquid`acid

lmao

scatterbrained is right, that post came right at the peak of my coffe consumption

i guess what i was tryna say with that essay no one wants to read is

99% of what ppl say in the "war" of paraphenalia is that its all based on research that hasnt been done and ppl needa use personal experience to decide what best for them

and that science can be used to "prove" any method is the best, so it again comes back to personal experience.

for me no matter how much proof anyone gets about vapos bein the best i will shut it down cuz i can put a 1/4 of my best dro thru one in one sitting and barely get buzzed, where as if i hit about a joints worth in one bong toke ill be good for like 20-30 mins.

and i really dont kno what to say about the temps anymore cuz anyone who does blades will attest to the benefits of an extremly high temp
    test
  10. LiQuiD6

thats what im saying though...there is a possibility you arent getting the same high because vaporization only releases certain chemicals at certain temperatures....so when you smoke you get more of those other chemicals that might take higher heat to extract from the reaction...so you have a valid point in that sense....I personally will stick with vaping but i can see your side of the argument....its not gonna be the same for everyone..

on a side note i made a small amount of cannabutter today with a couple spoons of butter....and about .5-.7 fresh mix of 4 different strains and then a bunch of vaped trash (prolly close to an 8th)....had me buzzed all day after spreading a little bit on some toast
    test
  11. +DeAth+

+DeAth+ New Member

damn i haven't tried those yet but soon i will
    test
  12. M.T

M.T Registered User

I love them. Mine broke but I plan on getting a new one as soon as my tax money comes.

The taste is just so great. You can really taste what the strains is supposed to taste like. When you burn it you lose that. You can still taste it but it's not the same. You'll see what I'm talking about when you get one. It's a way cleaner high in my opinion. You don't get all groggy and lazy like when you smoke sometimes.

Plus no carcinogens.
    test
  13. LiQuiD6

its true though...you do taste a LOT more...you can identify tastes between strains big time...
    test
  14. devastator

devastator Whut?¿!

my friend got himself a vapir one. got the weed taste in my mouth, but didnt get any high from it. we tried it several times, but had to light up a joint instead. anyone have experience with that brand of vaporizers?
    test
  15. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

yeah definitely... i had tried regs and it had a weird popcorn/peanut butter type of taste... i had some firesome stuff and it had a real nice exotic fruity taste, almost like fruity pebbles cereal haha

i cut back heavily recently but been ONLY vaping for a while now. i got a silver surfer. love it. conserves herb, tastes great, doesnt smell the place up, and easy on the throat & lungs

it really has made my lungs feel much better from the days i only used bowls & blunts.

[​IMG]
    Silver Surfer Vaporizer & Essential Oil Diffuser
    test
  16. LiQuiD6

more then likely didnt get hot enough and you got barely any vapors....when i use my vaporizers i always get a strong flavor FIRST before i get the vapor...thats kind of how i know the vaporizer is almost at perfect temperature...

You can see vapor in the air when you blow out....the key when using vaporizers is Air temperature....alot of smokers have problems using vaporizers that arent bag systems because they might not have the breathe control to pull it off....ive introduced vaping to many smokers and maybe 1 out of 3 can do it correctly on the first try...you have to breathe in slow when the heat isnt at full heat yet...and pull faster to cool down the heating element to prevent burning or to even get the hot air circulating for a quick sec....in more expensive vapes that use bags you dont worry about that cause the machine does all that work...

which is why i always tell people who are new to vaping that 1 of 2 things will happen...they wont be able to use it efficiently at first....or they will be a pro from the get go....and thats usually how it is...
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i like em, but they arent my favorite because they have to be used at home generally. They arent very usefull when you go outside. I need to be able to smoke on the go basically

i just find a spliff to be more handy. Its basically impossible to lugg a vaporizer around and hit it while your out at the park or hiking or someshit....and if you could its pretty inconvenient, considering the size, how concealable it is, finding/bringing a power source etc etc

i agree they are good, but i just find a spliff to have a nice ritualistic feel to it, its handy, you can basically light up anywhere(in canada atleast), easily concealed/rolled, and they get you high...

i mean i suppose if youre hurtin for ganja that you have to conserve, smoke cuz youre sick, get shitty weed, or dont ever have much weed, spliffs probably arent gonna help you make your stash last like a vaporizer would
    test
  18. LiQuiD6

they sell a lot of good portable vaporizers
    test
  19. liquid`acid

u prolly just fall into my category of ppl who cant get high off em by itself

i mean i get a kinda wierd minor 30 second buzz, like when u blaze a bunch of hiars n no green, but i cant get high off em and ive tried almost everykind their is. closest i ever came was a broken one that sorta burned the weed a bit.

if i vap and hit the bong i get high as fuck tho, i have the same problem with oil, i cant get high off it alone, but add it to a lil weed or hash n i get blitzed.
    test
  20. M.T

M.T Registered User

That's so crazy liquid. I'm high all day from just one session.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.