use qwerty keyboard with reason?

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by Diasick, Mar 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diasick

Diasick this guy

over the years i been pretty effective using my keyboard with fruityloops.. but would it be possible to use my qwerty keyboard in reason? there is programs out there that turn your keyboard into a midi but i was wondering if theres a way you can do it in reason...
    test
  2. ral4ever1985

ral4ever1985 CHETA

as far as i no its a NO but you can use the roll to click your notes in
    test
  3. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i prefer to tap them out.. lol
    test
  4. -GZ-

-GZ- Posts Unfunny Pics

fuck, i don't remember the name of it, but there's a little program that will turn your keyboard into a midi controller...

idk if this is it, but you can try it

GameDev.net -- Game Development Showcase
    test
  5. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

not standalone. Get Record and its an added feature
    test
  6. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Is this what music production has come too?

You honestly think you are going to be a superstar producer
    one day using a qwerty keyboard to make beats?

Postman
    test
  7. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

test
  8. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

very true but you know 9th wonder made a classic jay z record with a qwerty keyboard. mad screws makes bangers and dont he only use a qwerty keyboard. #justsayin
    test
  9. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

Lance Armstrong got cancer then won 7 Tour de France's. So should I go get cancer if I want to win a tour de france.

There is something I call brokeness logic. And that is a prime example of it.

You want to put yourself in a position to succeed in your field. Only knowing how to use a qwerty keyboard to make beats isn't exactly setting yourself up for success in the music production field.

Just because one person succeeds inspite of their ignorance/limitation... doesn't mean you should go out and mimic their ignorance/limitation.

Prime example I had an offer to internship at quad studios in New York one of the most famous NY studios. I turned it down because it didn't fit my scheduling at the time.

But imagine if I had told them I only know how to work a qwerty keyboard and fruity loops. I would have missed out on a great opportunity to succeed just because I didn't take my craft serious enough to move past a qwerty keyboard and fruity loops.

Just food for thought.

Postman
    test
  10. PLT Productions

PLT Productions Baltics Most Wanted

In the studio and be like ,, Hold on, where`s my qwerty ,,

You`ve lost a lot of your producer career time using qwerty. You`ll meet keys and start the whole shit from scratch.
    test
  11. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

Killer Analogy!
    test
  12. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

I agree with you. My only arguement is that why let a limitation like not having a midi controller right now stop him from his goal? I agree he should take himself more seriously and get some real stuff. But at the same time how is Fruity Loops and a qwerty board not serious if he can't play a controller? At what point do we just let the music speak for itself and forget about equipment? If his music was amazing I don't think we would be having this convo but I dont know his music and I can only assume its average at best so here we are.
    test
  13. Jobe

Jobe Who you think I are?

you need to pull your head out of your own ass man..you sound like a fucking idiot every post that i see from you lately. this whole get-rich-quick scheme that you're pulling seems to be getting the better of your logical brain my ugliest friend.

listen to the pink floyd album meddle...or any minimalistic music for that point....not hip-hop...MUSIC as a whole...sounds, vibrations........beautiful music has no limitation and doesn't have a preset as to what you should have to pay in order to create it. i know you're trying to convince everyone that what they're doing is wrong and trying to convert them to your "proven system"...but honestly, if you ask me..you're shitting on people that are probably so much better than you are. you're going to make a point to say this shit to some kid you know nothing about, for real? what if he's doing it for fun like myself?...isn't trying to make a shitload of money? i hate the music you listen to, and wouldn't take advice from you even if it were proven successful. you're a hateful person in disguise....putting other peoples' aspirations down for what? straight up, fuck you.
    test
  14. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i have an MPK49 but i take my flash drive with reason on it to my friends house to demonstrate how to make beats but i don't want to pack my midi with me everytime....im a computer based producer... and i was always told that its not the hardware its the person using it....

i also have some sound modules to...but i mainly use software because well its fucking 2010 lol

and making beats without a midi is easy in fruityloops but not so easy in reason unless u use the piano roll
    test
  15. Jobe

^be very careful about who you want to take advice from, man. think outside of the box and you're fine everytime...it's listening to pigeon-holed, over-privileged and under-developed brains that will get you into trouble. find yourself in your music....create...and repeat.

edit: xab i'm not referencing you.
    test
  16. Diasick

Diasick this guy

word... just because u have expensive hardware don't mean you nice.. every time i look on youtube theres this dude with expensive equipment and he's still garbage.. most of the good cats on youtube have minimal equipment
    test
  17. Diasick

Diasick this guy

its not the studio its the person in it....

i could make better beats in fruityloops than dudes with expensive equipment
    test
  18. Jobe

dude, you have no idea. think back to the roots of music as a whole..THE SHIT THAT MOST PEOPLE SAMPLE TO CREATE THEIR MUSIC...it wasn't made in any way even remotely similar to the formula one of these assholes is telling you to live by.

if you have talent, you will achieve regardless. if you don't...save up...buy the most expensive shit you can find..and then hide behind it while you tell people how to make their own music on a rap forum.
    test
  19. Diasick

Diasick this guy

very possible

and just because i wanted to know how to use my keyboard with reason doesn't mean i don't have equipment.. there is other purposes why you would want to use a keyboard idiot....
    test
  20. Diasick

Diasick this guy

TI's what you know about that was made with a computer keyboard
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.