USC Pro day...

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by TeaBagger, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TeaBagger

TeaBagger New Member

Live From USC Pro Day! Updated 3:40 PM
    By: TFY Draft Preview
    Date: Apr 2, 2006

The biggest date on the pro-day schedule has arrived as nearly 200 scouts, coaches and general managers descend on the USC campus. Two of the top three picks will work out for scouts as well as nearly another dozen Trojans. Updated 3:40 PM: Winston Justice stands out...LenDale White does not.

UPDATE: 3:40 PM

Reggie Bush: Forty times- 4.33/4.37

Winston Justice: 38-reps and 39-inch vert

Reggie Bush: 24-reps on bench

Darnell Bing: 21- reps on the bench, vertical jump of 38-inches and a broad jump of 10'4".

Full Name Pos 225 BJ VJ 40-1 40-2
    Darnell Bing S 21 10-4 38 4.63 4.53
    Reggie Bush RB 24 10-8 40.5 4.33 4.37
    Dominique Byrd TE 16 9-8 36 4.81 4.79
    Winston Justice T 38 39
    David Kirtman FB 26 9-8 34.5
    Matt Leinart QB 9-5 37
    Taitusi Lutui G 26 8-5 32 5.42 5.33
    Thomas Malone P
    Fred Matua G 25 8-7 30.5
    Frostee Rucker DE 19 9-8 35
    Dallas Sartz OLB
    John Walker CB 16 10-6 39
    Scott Ware S
    Lendale White RB 15
    Justin Wyatt CB
    225= Bench Press, BJ= Broad Jump, VJ= Vertical Jump, 40= 40-time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More impressive than his 40 time was Reggie Bush's bench press reps. This should shut up most who say he isn't strong. Lendal White proved himself to be a pussy. Dude didn't run the 40 and only put up 225 15 times on the bench press. Reggie put up 24! That's in line with some of the USC Linemen.
    test
  2. Sirius Lee

Sirius Lee u unno me!

yea reggie is a beast
    test
  3. The Jeus

The Jeus _________

holy cow @ winston justice have a 39-inch vert at his size.... that's incredible
    test
  4. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

Jay Cutler did more reps than reggie haha.... that's nuts.
    test
  5. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

i know thats kinda fucking crazy... not to mention he put up a good amount on the bench... hes looking like a top 10 pick more and more...
    test
  6. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

what'd bush run the cone drill in?

Deangelo Williams killed that the other day....

Deangelo = best everydown back out of this draft.
    test
  7. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

i dont know what he did the cone dril in, but he did the short shuttle in 4.37... and dwill did it in 4.10... deangelo is a beast, and unfortuantely i think hes gonna drop to the bottom of the first round with a lot of the middle round teams locking up RBs... he matched bush's broad jump at 10-9... but reggie had that 40.5 inch verticle to williams like 34.5...

but deangelo is much more compact and i think he'll be able to take a pounding a little better than bush's taller lankier frame...
    test
  8. TeaBagger

TeaBagger New Member

Deangelo will end up in Denver.
    test
  9. TK-Arsenal

TK-Arsenal beastin'

ehh supposedly theres rumors about denver and lendale white... though it sounds like a bunch of BS to me...

"The Daily Trojan brings up a rumor that is spreading across the Net quickly -- White already has a deal in place with a team, which is why he didn't run.

We have to assume, although we don't know if this is true at all, that the mystery team is the Denver Broncos, who reportedly took White out to dinner the night before Pro Day. White is a native of Denver and would love to play his pro ball in Colorado. Also, from the Broncos perspective, running back is a need for the team, which has two first round picks.

However, if there is anything "fishy" going on here, expect the NFL to act quickly. Last thing the league wants to see is players picking their team of choice, then refusing to display their skills at the Combine and Pro Day in an attempt to deceive the other 31 teams into not picking them."

sounds kinda crazy, but who knows, i dont know if theres a rule about this anyway that would make it illegal... but from lendales point of view if hes not going top 10 anyway, hed prob just prefer to play in his home town...

and from denvers point of view they'll have their big bruiser back to play with tatum bell... where as if they get deangelo or maroney they are getting another bell type runner... as opposed to a seemingly better mike anderson type runner in lendale white...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.