USB audio interfaces?

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by ^IT^, Jan 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ^IT^

^IT^ MMC

Any one have any experiences with any USB audio interfaces?
    --
    --
    I'm looking to buy one just for recording vocals..
    --
    --
    I was wondering what everyone's opinion on them were because I have had problems with my previous sound card, but still want to get the 24/96 khz quality.. and I was planning on purchasing a new pc and if anything went wrong i didn't want to void the warranty by opening up the case and installing my own sound card, so i thought i'd try a usb audio interface..
    --
    I did some research and there were quite a few different brands i came across,
    any one i should stay away from??
    --
    I was looking at the M-audio- fast track ultra.. only because i saw someone mention it....

O yea i also wanted to mention that i do have a behringer preamp, even though i'd prefer the audio interface to have a preamp if possible...

-
    thanks again...
    test
  2. Deaf Def

Deaf Def Tha WordSmith

I use the US-122 with a AT4040 condenser mic (phantom power provided by the US-122) and also was able to include a DBX 266XL compressor going through the US-122 as well. (not recommended by many people to compress vocals before going into the pc, but sounds great for me). they have newer Frontier USB interfaces now too... only thing was bout the US-122 is that you can only use one channel at a time (A or B). pretty easy to use and the sound quality turns out nice... (has it's own built in pre-amp, also can run a separate preamp if so desired as i chose to use a compressor instead)... check out my page for quality assurance... Deaf Def on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads - Hands up!
    test
  3. Macky2003

Macky2003 Pro Audio Engineer

They not recomend to compress when recording is cos they are scared not to fuck it up. 99% of real pros will compress it (with gentle 2:1 ratio tho) so keep doing ur thing friend...

Anyway fast track ultra preamps really suck. I would rather sugest Lexicon or even digidesign mbox.Ull have not so great but decent preamp-better than ur behringer and protools (im not saying u need to have protools but its nice to have that option)
    test
  4. ^IT^

^IT^ MMC

good lookin...
    amongst the digidesign or lexicon.. what do you think would be better?
    or is it all personal preference
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.