USA Today College Football Preseason Rankings

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Your Idol, Aug 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

When you're bringing up individual games instead of a full season's worth to prove your point, you might as well admit your argument is relatively weak. The Patriots were the best offense of all-time last year yet they only scored 17 points in the SB.

LSU last year was 3rd in the nation in total yardage defense.
    Florida 2 years ago when they won....10th total yardage defense...6th scoring defense

btw general observation but damn you're really clinging to that "we beat a bowl team by so and so points". Florida just crushed Tennessee on the road and Tennessee won the Outback bowl last year. Wouldn't a victory over Tennessee be more impressive than Mizzou beating a Nevada team that lost 23-0 in the NEW MEXICO BOWL? Georgia already beat 2 bowl teams from last year (both teams Central Michigan & Arizona State are better than Nevada). You only want to give your team credit while disregarding other teams who have done the same thing against more impressive competition.

What do ya know, another homer in Sports Central.
    test
  2. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

no im a mizzou fan

but to sit here and tell me there are 5-6 better teams in the sec when we are ranked 5 or 6 depending on the poll is some SERIOUS homer shit

i just act like he does for effect to prove a point

youre right....multiple games for sure

not single

and our offense is top tier

like i said lets watch the dust settle i like our chances greatly

and asu lost to unlv they arent that good

you cant put a pulse out on nevada yet, they have played 2 top 10 teams, and grambling state, but their qb will give smaller , less talented teams FITS

hey i cant wait for january looking forward to watching us prove a point
    test
  3. MyKe SeaN

MyKe SeaN Paula Deen is my hero.

Bama > Missouri

lmfao!
    test
  4. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

youve just become annoying at this point

we finished higher than all but 2 sec teams last year and there are 3 ranked ahead of us as of now

burden of proof is on those teams to prove to me they are better

big 12 is the offensive class of ncaa football

you can be a little cantankerous bitch about it but i could care less we would skunk most of the sec
    test
  5. MyKe SeaN

Keep dreaming..At the end of the day, missouri can't compete with SEC recruiting. Missouri would have more than 4 losses every season if they played an SEC schedule

In other news....Georgia will be playing in their black jerseys this week against Bama
    test
  6. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

you are making a bullshit unfounded statement , as much as me saying we would continuously go undefeated

you have NOTHING to base anything you say on except lopsided opinion

our recruiting is top 20 in the nation

there is not one offense in the sec better than or more complete top to bottom than missouri's

florida doesnt have 2 first round picks playing on the offensive skill side of the ball as in qb,wb,rb,te

maclin is a top 5 pick if he entered today

coffman is a late first rounder

not to mention perry and alexander... easily nfl calibre players

you can just keep being a douche bag about it with your ML like so n so >>> missouri faggot shit

be annoying

and wrong

and misinformed
    test
  7. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

oh yeah and hey smart guy

name me one of 2 ncaa football teams with 3 elite 11 qb's on the roster

HINT - MISSOURI

we cant keep up in recruiting

lmao fuck you moron
    test
  8. MyKe SeaN

WOW you're getting so flustered its funny....

So I guess Percy Harvin and TeBow couldnt be 1st rounders huh?

And Why are you so fixated on the offensive side of the ball? Defense wins championships dickhead!

Missouri has a cake ass schedule for the next 5 years and they STILL wont be National Champions before an SEC team.

Playing against Weak Competition week in and week out will get you NO-WHERE when you play teams who have to grind it out in almost every conference game in the National Championship. Just ask the last two Ohio St. teams and the 2005 USC team

Bama > Missouri
    test
  9. MyKe SeaN

And all will be Busts in the NFL or 7th round draft picks...lmfao

Missouri has a garbage football tradition...Who from Missouri is killing shit in the Pro's?

Jay Cutler > your "3" elite 11 qb's on the roster.

U mad? lmfao!
    test
  10. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

its funny how some of you fucks on either coast think sports revolve around where youre at and couldnt ever find it in yourself to do some actual research or go look for yourself to find out that you really have no idea that you are bashing a team that has anchored itself down as a VERY STRONG program in s VERY STRONG conference.

i could listen to all the bullshit in the world all day long if there were some substance or validity in ANYTHING said. but you couldnt tell me about the number of 5 star recruits we have here or coming here. or the professional prospects we have on the field or on the bench.

you just come here and make ridiculous statements about what YOU believe without really doing any reading or research on your garbage speak.

see our coach, gary pinkel, will give you playing time if youre the best player. he doesnt give a fuck how long youve been there and he will let you play and take your redshirt in the bat of an eye, because he doesnt fuck around. his philospohy is if youre ready to play, then i put you in the game.

with an offense like missouri's who has proven time and time again that we can score and play in a good system, why wouldnt you want to play there? because usc has promised you that you MAY sniff the field in your first 2 years? or hey come sign up at rb and sit behind 5 other guys for 3 years.

pinkel turned toledo into a winner before he left there..... then again im sure you were too busy putting your head up the SEC's ass at the time to realize that these programs are where great coaches first start out at. now he has the power of a solid academic national university coupled with the support of one of the richest alumni associations in the midwest

man seriously..... do yourself a favor and just dont worry about anything outside the sec, in your world it doesnt exist anyway
    test
  11. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

you find me one draft expert that says either one of them will go first round if they come out next year

yeah defense won championships last year right?

what was the score?

and the national champs allowed 42 points on one occasion and 50 in another loss

yeah you convinced me, lock tight defense.... arkansas, they scored 50 on lsu, 7 on us

ive already told you nebraska is on the cusp of the top 25 as is, we already played illinois, we still have texas and kansas, and oklahoma state who is also on the cusp of the top 25

and after all of that we still have the bg 12 championship game which is either a rematch of texas, or a game against texas tech or oklahoma

man that sounds so weak

there are plenty of pussy teams in the sec, lol@ this bullshit about 'grinding it out every week' motherfucker u got some soft as shit teams in the sec you got to be kidding me
    test
  12. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

well considering one is a true freshman id hope cutler was better

cutler has a more nfl styled body than daniel, but he could land somewhere because he is talented, just undersized, then again, so were flutie and brees.

chase patton would be starting if not for having to sit behind daniel simply because he is that good

patton could start on about any other team outside of the big 12- qb heavy conference
    test
  13. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yeah cupcake buddy

ap poll has ok state at #27 (we play them) colorado at #29 (we play them) and nebraska at #30 (we play them)

so lets see there is a for sure we will have played 6 games against top 30 teams and a possibility that if we make the big 12 champ game that will be 7 top 30 teams

not bad for 13 games, let me know when an sec team has to do that

in fact we already played #22, we have #30 on tap then do #27 the following week, then #7 then #29----- fuckin cupcake!!!!!!! i mean 4 top 30 teams in 4 weeks, how much easier does it get?????
    test
  14. MyKe SeaN

I like Chase...The Big 12 has three stud QB’s in Harrell, Daniel and Reesing and none of them will be franchise players in the league. They are amazing in the systems that they run but when they run into a team that is built to stop the spread (i.e. fast, undersized LB’s with sick DE’s they will struggle)

At the end of the day lets agree to disagree.

But still, the SEC is Usain Bolt and everybody is playing for second
    test
  15. MyKe SeaN

Have you even looked at Georgia's schedule?
    test
  16. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

yeah at the beginning of the year i said georgia had a baptism by fire as far as a schedule goes

but not everybody plays everybody in the sec just like in the big 12

so some of the teams get a pass

georgia doesnt, they got the meat of the lineup
    test
  17. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

but look at florida

yah they got 3 tough games

but then what?
    test
  18. Cognitive D.K

Cognitive D.K New Member

see man im over beefin about this but like you happened to leave out SAM BRADFORD probably the best of the bunch

youre just kinda short sided with this whole thing

cody hawkins is only a soph at colorado, small but still very good

colt mccoy is pretty fucking good dont you think?
    test
  19. MyKe SeaN

Well if WVA had played up to the hype this year, I would say that Auburn would have a real tough schedule...The top 5 teams in the conference play at least 3 of the other top teams. Thats usually how it always is. I like Auburn but its like they always play to the level of their comp. Just look at that wack ass game against Miss St.

I think SEC Football programs have the some of the toughest Recruiting obstacles to overcome.

The Universities of Auburn and Alabama are in the same state.

Miss. St. and ole Miss have a hard time recruiting because none of the their stellar athletes want to stay in the state.

Univeristy of Florida has to compete with Florida st, Miami and now South Florida for talent.

LSU used to lose talent to Texas and Texas A&M up until recent years

And the University of Georgia has to compete with every other SEC state for recruits, especially florida.
    test
  20. MyKe SeaN

No beef..dont have time for it..Its just healthy discussion with light shit talking for me pimp. Bradford is nice...hawkins has potential and I like Mccoy cuz outside the SEC Ive been a big Texas fan since Ricky Williams not to mention i'm from the Longhorn state.

Big 12 is def #2. I'm glad they are beating out the punk ass Big 10 this year. The Big 10 is home to all of the college sports writers
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.