Uruguay to legalize weed

Discussion in '420Lounge' started by Sir Bustalot, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Apparently Uruguay is about to legalize marijuanna

if it passes(which all sources say it will) it legalizes weed for growing, selling, and distribution for the common citizen.

It wont be legal to advertise it, sell to minors, or be driving under the influence.

"Users could access marijuana in one of three ways: they could grow up to six plants on their own with a license, join a licensed growing cooperative with up to 45 members, or obtain it from a licensed pharmacy. While private companies can grow marijuana, only the government will distribute it through its licensed pharmacies. The bill prohibits sales to minors, driving under the influence, and advertising. Uruguay President José Mujica has been a major force behind the bill, arguing that it will “spoil” the black market by selling it a lot cheaper."

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...o-become-first-country-to-legalize-marijuana/

smoke on my friends, smoke on.
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
    test
  2. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

US orchestrated mass anti-government protests coming soon to Uruguay.

War on drugs is big business.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

fuck i was thinking the same thing

apparently Sting and Richard Branson had a large part in this and its pissed a TON of people off.

"Sting and Sir Richard Branson have been accused of using Uruguay as a 'laboratory' for the drug reform after backing a campaign to legalise cannabis in the country.

Uruguay is set to become the first nation in the world to allow anyone to grow, sell and consume cannabis freely.

The legal changes were brought about after a high-profile lobbying and TV campaign by pressure group the Drug Policy Alliance, on which both Sting and Sir Richard Branson are honorary international board members."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...try-oppose-recent-legalisation-marijuana.html
    test