Battle Video URL/SMACK/POISONPENTV - PH v Dirtbag Dan

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Know the Ledge, Jun 22, 2012.

?

Who won?

1. Dirtbag Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. illipsis

illipsis Ill Collector

Battle was kinda wack imo. I can see why Pen was hesitant about releasing it, especially under the URL banner. I've gotten a lot of respect for PH over his last run of battles, but he can do better than the performance here. Mind you he still won, but it was meh all around tbh.
    test
  2. shutupnSCREEM

shutupnSCREEM Active Member

Good shit fellas. It was great to watch live.
    test
  3. Ravenous510

Ravenous510 Well-Known Member

I don't know, man....this battle was close....

I wasn't as impressed with PH's performance in this battle as I was with his performance against Thesaurus...

I think this battle could have gone either way, tbh, but I would have to give my vote to Dirtbag Dan just because he included more flow and rhythmic diversity in his rounds...

I definitely agree that he relied way too heavily on the teeth/gum jokes...

But I always enjoy hearing technically crafted verses, and I thought Dirtbag's verses were simply better put together lyrcially and syllabically....

Just my opinion...

I thought Dirtbag got this...
    test
  4. sosomomonono

sosomomonono New Member

I feel like Dan won 1st round and third. PH lacked energy round one, but PH took the second to me, because of creativity in t the bars. But you can say Dan got the second too, becuase of freestyles and rebuttles Dan did. Dan did say alot of jokes, but they were PERSONAL jokes that mighta hit PH harder than the New York crowd. Id give it 2-1 Dan, outpeformed him, and energy and said sum crazy shit that the audience didnt react too.BUT u can argue 2-1 PH barely....
    test
  5. CodeGray219

CodeGray219 Misunderstood Battle Nerd

frankly... the gum raps bored me... I give it to PH on performance and the force behind the words...
    test
  6. Theorist Threat

Theorist Threat Thread Killer!

Nice. I forgot all about this.
    test
  7. SubtleT

SubtleT New Member

Oddly enough, I feel like I agree with several different sides of the argument surrounding this battle.

The battle was really weak considering the potential of both battlers involved, especially considering how dope PH has been recently.

The crowd slept on Dan incredibly hard. I normally don't buy into the "NY is biased" hype, but this was bad. Dutch, I see your perspective but in this case I respectfully disagree.

PH still won. Convincingly, in my opinion.
    test
  8. AT7iLA

AT7iLA Member

"the west's best, dizaster, got trampled by ether.." i laughed at this line. c'mon man. diz bodied ny. ur in denial.
    test
  9. Sheldon_87

Sheldon_87 Member

test
  10. Jest Chillin

Jest Chillin New Member

Nope.

Crowd was sleeping on DBD hard.

And it's weird that you would act like NY doesn't ride NY. Y'all dudes are proud ass people and yall ride for yall own. So why act like you don't?

I mean only time the average NY head isn't going to back another NY head is if it's X Burrough vs. Y Burrough.
    test
  11. TripWire

TripWire Exposed

test
  12. solsken

solsken Member

Whats up with PH mumbling DBDs shit was corny, PHs shit is often corny to me.

PH is very good though, but I think DBD took this by a small margin.
    test
  13. savagerapper

savagerapper www.rapisraw.com

so this is what a battle looks like when the crowd isn't reacting? weak.

still ph one of the worst battle rappers in history.. dbd wins.
    test
  14. savagerapper

savagerapper www.rapisraw.com

this is a tactic used very often by team mommy faggots and people like t-rex..

they need to make some rules about complete silence till its your turn IMO..
    test
  15. PhantomTurkey

PhantomTurkey Active Member

test
  16. JONNY STORM

JONNY STORM Dominiking

yea gotta keep it real, DAN got this, but PH still doing things , PH been on a better tear than this lately DAN just came with the winning bars in the bias crowd
    test
  17. PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN'

PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN' New Member

It's all good appreciate it some think Dan won some think I won it's that close I guess lol
    test
  18. Grayfox215th

Grayfox215th New Member

Agree with what Storm said. Both are top doods but neither had a great showing here. It is what it is...PH is on a killing stream right now and Dan is doing his thing too. Not every battle is going to be a classic...oh well. Good shit getting this up finally.
    test
  19. Dynam!ke

Dynam!ke New Member

I couldnt finish this battle, but it seemed like a sub-par performance on both ends... Dan was getting slept on suppppeerrrrr fucking hard. But aw well... 2 rds in I dont know who won... I know this wasnt a great battle...
    test
  20. JONNY STORM

JONNY STORM Dominiking

Yea had to re watch I dug the angles from both cats, Dan edged to me but PH prolly saving bars for the Kotd title match I think
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.