Battle Video URL/SMACK/POISONPENTV - PH v Dirtbag Dan

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Know the Ledge, Jun 22, 2012.

?

Who won?

1. Dirtbag Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

TBH, I used to think PH was by far the most overrated battler ever.

With his past two battles, he changed that perception.

I do think DBD won, but PH was dope. I don't know why everyone dislikes this battle, I thought this shit was pretty fucking legit.

Yea, DBD went overboard with gum jokes, but PH went a little overboard with the white-boy-mexican angle (not as bad as DBD, but still).

Even still, both dudes had some FIRE in this battle.

Voted DBD, but I agree with Tech in saying that there should have been an overtime.

I am now a fan of PH. Still think Dirt (upstate) got him though :-/.
    test
  2. ecpresto

ecpresto Active Member

I don't think it was "rigged", I do think some of the judges were influenced by an obviously biased crowd though.
    test
  3. Oneduh

Oneduh Digital Scale Ent.

Last few battles PH has been growing on me NH.. Still some lines in there that sounds like they came out the late 90's but overall improving.. DBD's shit was polished but someone who relies on performance as much as Dan should know he needed to cater to his audience.. I think if he would have taken a different approach this could have been a much more interesting battle..

They need to save these style clash battles for KOTD.. where the audience will appreciate both styles to some extent.. & not just hate & fuck up a battle because it's not what they're used to..
    test
  4. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

Dan had a great performance, thought he edged it.

I'm from the West Coast though so I might be biased.
    test
  5. Noah23

Noah23 Plague Language Family

decent battle

props to both you fools
    test
  6. Noah23

Noah23 Plague Language Family

i voted PH but i thought Dirt's energy was good under the cirumstances. i like pumpkin's cadences
    test
  7. BruceBfromHell

BruceBfromHell New Member

PH's lines are predictable and weak. How he beat anyone in KOTD and even got a title shot is beyond me... He lost all of his battles in Canada, I guess that Team Homi bullshit is unbelievable material for simpletons.
    test
  8. IamBpayne

IamBpayne New Member

I Just don't really like most of the ones I've watched, some have been good but their always way too long.. sound quality is a little off on some of them, and it's mostly the Same old subjects with little to no creativity.. sure some of the bars are Creative on the Street Level, but that shit gets old.. and in a way is part of what is bringing hiphop down with the same recycled shit over and over.. I just don't have it in me to listen to 30 minutes of gun and sports bars.. and I Target shoot all the time and collect guns.. But when I hear shit about 1,000 ways to shoot someone.. it gets annoying.. some of those guys should think outside the box a little more in my opinion... Now I know that they Get a Lot of views or whatever.. but to me it's just not nearly as entertaining as someone like say Dizaster or Thesaurus or dirtbag dan or sid vicious.. But everyone has their own opinion, right?
    test
  9. IngridCold

IngridCold Walking Bad

1st to PH.
    2nd was really close but with the stumble I'd edge to Dirtbag.
    3rd was super close as well... damn... a toss up imo.
    I guess just by a hair... edge to PH... REALLY close.
    I think Dan going to the gum well to many times is what leaned me to vote PH.
    But both cats have done SO much better before... no hate or anything.
    Despite being on URL... even when this originally went down...
    With the shots they had taken at each other... and as dope as both these dudes are...
    I thought this would've been a better battle.
    But hey... it's still cool... shouts to a judged decision on URL.
    And for PH and DBD making their URL debuts.
    People bitchin about new cats on URL...

"Cause over in this bitch, we separate Team White from Hype.
    Do you like hearing about Office Max, Whitey striking back.
    and how a honkey on the block sippin a Mocha Frap...?

No?... Then stop watching SMACK...!!!"

TEAM WHITE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

:jaydamn:
    test
  10. PowdergKeg

PowdergKeg Well-Known Member

One thing is clear.

Dirtbag Dan and PH should never again be mentioned in the same sentence as URLTV. Not even sure that battle was of PG calibre (in fact i'm sure it wasn't given the last two battles that PG dropped were Bigg K and Chilla vs Cash).
    test
  11. IngridCold

IngridCold Walking Bad

LMAO @ PH and Dan each voting for themselves............. :cheesin:
    test
  12. Dutch Vega

Dutch Vega G-TEC CAPO! PRAAAAAAT!

lol at ppl just blindly following everyone else opinion on here (doesn't surprise me tho, its always easy to influence mindless drones) to thinking the crowd was "wack" or "bias" lml... this is the same exact crowd that was reacting perfectly fine in you guys opinion to Swave/Head Ice & MB/RD but NOW for THIS battle "the crowd sucks"?!?! lml...

the crowd gave them both exactly as much reaction as their performances merited. Period. No more no less...

stop it w/ the "the NYC crowd is so bias" lml... riiiiiiight, is this always conveniently "bias NYC crowd" the same typically "bias NYC crowd" that cheered on Dizaster when he did well against Swave?!!? that boo'd Math Hoffa in favor of Calicoe?!?! that laughed EVERYTIME DBD said something funny bout PH?!?!

all you guys who have NEVER been to NYC and still say we're a "bias crowd" just STFU, its corny guys, and its pathetic and if you're gonna keep doing it you just make yourself look like the loser who's never been to a great city like ours where its literally a melting pot of ppl, cultures, styles and taste.. you're the close minded losers who have never came here, so chances are you're the fuck up... our crowds usually the most diverse and respectable that their is. Shouts to battle rap crowds everywhere, but NYC has the most diverse crowd period. So suck a dick if you think its a "bias crowd".
    test
  13. Siege.

Siege. WHOOPSY DAISY

All bullshit aside. I think both dbd and ph have done a hell of a lot for battling in general whatever way you wanna look at it.. gotta pay respect where it's due. idgaf about the outcome, they accomplished the goal. to entertain ppl. props to both.
    test
  14. Bagabond

Bagabond Member

test
  15. 315AMMUSIC

315AMMUSIC Well-Known Member

DBD got that one 2-1. That gum comparison line in the 2nd round was pretty good. PH took the first round. I gotta agree, those flips worked for DBD. Especially the Cobra Ky flip.
    test
  16. PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN'

PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN' New Member

I know this is not my best performance as of late i can admit it but i still think i won tho not even on no ego shit there was just mad bars that Dan spit that I was like ok?????? but he spit them like it was bout to be some shit and they fel flat I had a few of those in my 2nd round I say rd 1 and 3 I got and I give him rd. 2 IJSTBH!
    test
  17. DirtBagDan

DirtBagDan Well-Known Member

Why try to reason with the Internet... Don't waste your time homie... I wasn't mad then and ain't now.
    test
  18. 315AMMUSIC

315AMMUSIC Well-Known Member

i think you both were on your game. and i can see why you feel you won and why people would say you won because of the versatility Dan didn't have. understandable reason or what the people want in a battle. for me, those flips he had were good though. and he didn't use dick jokes like he's been predicted to do before. all in all, you both put on a good performance with some replay value. dope shit......
    test
  19. serge

serge Well-Known Member

The same one that they've never been a part of and would have the time of their life if they were. It is what it is, I guess.
    test
  20. Jizzurrection

Jizzurrection College Educated

Dutch fix your damn teeth
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.