Battle Video URL/SMACK/POISONPENTV - PH v Dirtbag Dan

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Know the Ledge, Jun 22, 2012.

?

Who won?

1. Dirtbag Dan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. PH

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Notsure

Notsure Well-Known Member

yo PH is HORRIBLE wtf

Dan Act-Roid was arguably the worst line of all time

^that's a man pushing 40 thinking that was not only clever, but worthy of being said in front of ~100 paying customers

so sad
    test
  2. serge

serge Well-Known Member

People laughed like crazy at DBD's joints. Are people watching the same battle? I personally loved the dentist crack, heh. Shit like the arabian horse line were just bad looks as ends for good schemes and anticlimactic. Same with the Ichabod Crane line. Don't hate on people for not saying "OHHHHHHHHHHHH". Gtfoh.

The "NYC crowds are bias" ish is stupid and very unwarranted in this battle. I don't think he lost, but to dismiss Craig G, Jay Smooth and Immortal Tech's judgement as bias is beyond retarded.

That said, it's not as bad as people are making it out to be, it was just below the standard that they've both set for themselves.
    test
  3. SunkenDPr0

SunkenDPr0 Well-Known Member

:highschoolgirls:
    test
  4. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

Immortal Techinques done so many tracks with PH though, he's a friend of his, so you don't think his judgement could be bias? Even Craig G said in his judgement how he knows PH, they all sounded like they were just repeating each other too
    test
  5. EmSeeD10

EmSeeD10 Well-Known Member

when did anyone say your win against Thesaurus was rigged? I never saw anyone saying that and I haven't seen anyone saying your win against Diz was rigged either
    test
  6. bigmoney97

bigmoney97 New Member

dirtbag wins EASY
    test
  7. PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN'

PUMPKINHEAD/MAKIN' New Member

I read mad youtube comments that said :twotimes: won and how canada is biased and favors me same with the Diz Battle kids were saying he got robbed and the judges only voted for me cause i was a vet in the underground music scene!
    test
  8. Quietloudass

Quietloudass Member

I respect Ph's contribution to HIPHOP,don't matter what he does in the battle game. A lot of people don't know how to separate that. The man has sold records and has collaborations with Legends.. With that being said,I feel like Dan won this.. Considering the "bias"..people can say it's not one but it is.. He kept his cool and he edged it out. I expected more from both but DBD 2-1
    test
  9. My Kall

My Kall Well-Known Member

I also disliked PH in this, he always uses basic and forced word-play. His 2 syllable schemes aren't technical enough, his angles didn't interest me, he structures his bars really sloppily, I've noticed he crams alot of words into single bars, and it just comes off as really ameuturish. PH battles well for an old guy, I respect him for that.

I gotta give Dan credit he flew to PH's back yard, stood up to a biased environment, and beat PH in it. Dan was alot funnier, more energising, his punchlines and delivery was alot more high impact and catchy. I really liked his presentation, he put on a great show. Dan actually raps and flows really well, and he gets overlooked for it. Dan's quite underrated and I'm suprised the polls are so close.
    test
  10. ErikoRoma

ErikoRoma Well-Known Member

lol @ Vega taking offense to Dans gum bars
    test
  11. wickedness

wickedness Dopeness

dope battle. wanted ph to win this one but damn DBD took this. props to both
    test
  12. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

too many gum jokes but not too many gay jokes/gun bars? Eh.

DBD got it.
    test
  13. MC propaganda

MC propaganda Well-Known Member

Btw...since when does someone complain about too much of one thing in a URL battle?

This can't be life.
    test
  14. serge

serge Well-Known Member

So what? Everyone knows eachother, it's underground hiphop. You're questioning the integrity of 2 legends just because it suits a scandalous approach to reacting to this battle. It's beyond corny. "I don't agree with them, they must be bias, end of story". Yeah, a guy like Jay Smooth would have clouded objectivity, when he's forever been one of the most balanced, impartial voices in the history of the game, yet yall don't even know who he is, so you single out the 2 guys that admit to knowing PH.

The whole room was split on who they think (leaned towards PH) won and 4/5 judges just happen to think that they felt PH's approach more.

It's just every time there's a battle in NY, people cry bitch and moan about the crowds or the judges when they don't favor the guy from out of town. It makes me feel like there's a bigger agenda and wish that people should just come out and say what they really mean.

When Math got booed against Calico, no one said shit about the NY crowd, yet when they booed Tech against DNA, it was the same whining. This isn't different. Most people didn't feel DBD. It has nothing to do with being from NY. We don't hold bias for people, we hold bias for quality. Period.

NY is the best crowd and has some of the best judging there is and if all you have to go off are videos in stead of actually having stood in a few, your less credible than you might think you are when you say that "such n such" is bias. Not you personally, btw.
    test
  15. serge

serge Well-Known Member

Also, NORBES. LMAO@implying that Norbes would be bias to PH. That's reaching like you can't imagine and it's even more far fetched than thinking that Craig G would be bias. Dead ass, I'm laughing for real at the notion that Norbes and Jay Smooth, or ANY of these judges, would be bias in a battle.
    test
  16. FRANK STACKS

FRANK STACKS Member

test
  17. Crescent Swerve

Crescent Swerve Well-Known Member

i hope its vs Lavos , give em the bizzness
    test
  18. PBH Brown Eyes

PBH Brown Eyes What else?

Thought DBD took this even though he wouldn't get off the gum shit... I've forced myself to start liking PH though just cause I hate Po Rich so much... PH could say "Team Homi" the whole battle and I'd still enjoy it more than ANYTHING Po Rich has to say...
    test
  19. JaVale Blatche

JaVale Blatche Active Member

can't tell if it was a bad battle with a terrible crowd or a terrible battle with a bad crowd

they are both a lot better than they did here and the crowd made it look even worse

smack lost [​IMG]
    test
  20. SunkenDPr0

SunkenDPr0 Well-Known Member

you must hate every jumpoff battle:thatwasme:
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.