URL PRESENTS MARV-WON vs CORTEZ [FULL BATTLE] (RENT IT FOR $1.99)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by AGENTSPITS, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. igotmy9milli

igotmy9milli sick my duck

Did anyone rip this?
    test
  2. ILLEATYAFACE

ILLEATYAFACE New Member

hollow looks chubby he he
    test
  3. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

so stupid that its not available outside the US. talk about not knowing your audience.
    test
  4. Krown

Krown New Member

This might be slightly off topic, but aye verb recently made some twitter comments that hes never heard of kotd and based on other random assorted stuff ive seen url rappers/affiliates write, I dont think they've thought much outside of the US. Some of you think I might be unfair linking one rappers comments to smack, beasley,etc... but Ive seen a lot of their twitter comments and IMO they should keep their eyes/ears open much more to the international community. But if they stepped up their production values to compete with GT, perhaps they'll start to think globally and get out of their NY shell.
    test
  5. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

wow @ the hate marvwon was catching at the venue. i thought he got this one without a doubt.
    test
  6. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

It wasn't URL's decision for the rentals to be US only.

YouTube - YouTube Rentals Beta (US Only)

YouTube Rentals Beta is only in the US at the moment. They'll probably try to change that by the time it becomes a final service through YouTube.
    test
  7. Krown

Krown New Member

I stand corrected, I guess I dont remember canadians complaining about the iron/ness battle when it first went to rental...thats why I didnt think of it
    test
  8. ScimonomicS

ScimonomicS New Member

yeah good call jobone. my bad for jumping the gun. i didnt think they would be that blind to who the fans of the battle scene are.
    test
  9. humdrummer

humdrummer New Member

marv got that. dude was getting no love at the venue but his bars were just a cut above
    test
  10. mellance

mellance New Member

It's sorta dumb of them to choose to alienate all there fans outside of the US though, yeah it's US only but they easily could have choosen to wait until it was out of BETA mode.

This is them not only inviting people to bootleg they're making it acceptable.
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

lol What? Is this sarcasm?

Are you saying it's their own fault that tons of people bootlegged it because by using a service that is still in it's Beta testing phase that they willfully excluded their international audience?
    test
  12. aelgborje

aelgborje New Member

what a fucking biased crowd
    test
  13. mellance

mellance New Member

They could have decided to wait until it was possible for people outside of the US to support it aswell yeah, not like YT is hiding the fact that it's US only. So ofc they willfully excluded everyone outside of the US by going this route.

If it wasnt because of this do you think this forum would allow a "request links here" topic to be opened and even given support by the powers that be?
    test
  14. Ethernet

Ethernet G.O.A.T.

Cortez edged it 2-1 tbh..
    test
  15. sporatic

sporatic New Member

Mighta been posted but fuckit the audio's good

[youtube]IPyGyLV7U20[/youtube]
    test
  16. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

It may have been a little short sighted of them but both URL and GT just saw an opportunity to experiment with something new to recoup on some of the money that they spend on battlers/hotels/flights/venues. They are going to continue to try things that are profitable for them so they can sustain their businesses.

Sure the YouTube Rentals are in Beta but they are on YouTube which they both already have partnerships with and all their videos are already hosted here. It makes sense for them to try something like this because they will still be spending money and putting on events regardless. There is probably little to no extra risk involved since they most likely don't have to pay for the service since it's Beta, or if they do, it probably isn't much, which means it's all profit. It probably doesn't cost anything since it seems like it's only available to partners, which is already a mutual beneficial relationship for YouTube. It would explain why GT only charged $1 and URL charged only $2.

Who knows when or if the YouTube rentals will ever get out of Beta besides YouTube. It's still an experiment at this point. The whole thing can get scrapped for a different system in the future so waiting doesn't guarantee something better is just around the corner.
    test
  17. Amilius

Amilius New Member

RD 1 - Marv
    RD 2 - Cortez
    RD 3 - Marv

The crowd was pretty bias as usual... but Marv murdered RD 3 lol
    test
  18. Bleach...

Bleach... Put me in your markers...

The difference is grindtime were planning on using it to allow people to get the video early. I'm not sure if its stated anywhere otherwise, but it appears that url aren't going to make this public, hence they are basically saying most of the world can't watch the battle and therefore encouraging bootlegging.
    test
  19. ivey[cb]

ivey[cb] Keep Bangin

Marv 2-1 imho. Dope battle regardless. Crowd was ass though, so disrespectful. Can't wait to give this another watch after work.
    test
  20. Temp_Guest2

Temp_Guest2 Dope Lyricist/Producer

It should be free...

I've seen the first round of Cortez's and a bit of Marv's but that's about it.

URL are smart..
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.