URL PRESENTS MARV-WON vs CORTEZ [FULL BATTLE] (RENT IT FOR $1.99)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by AGENTSPITS, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieP

StevieP Member

this battle was insane big ups to sinner for the hook up

the people yellin shit in marvs second was kind of gay i think it took away from his momentum a little but holy fuck this was too close to call

im a say marv 1-3 showed he was versatile got the gunplay hard shit in the first and those personals in the third tight battle
    test
  2. Jamaro85

Jamaro85 Space Cowboy

I think a lot of people's opinion are influenced by crowd reaction on first watch. They made it look like Cortez destroyed this dude. Based on that some people might need to see it again to make up their mind.

And fuckin' right this was worth the two dollars. Definitely not paying 2 bucks for D.N.A. though.
    test
  3. Writeous

Writeous Loose Leaf Bruce Lee

would anyone be willing to provide me with a link?
    test
  4. lightskintwin

lightskintwin Black Militant Racist

Sent!
    test
  5. Wonderin

Wonderin New Member

Was finally able to see this.

I honestly can't call it. It's a contrast of styles that makes this way too difficult to make a decision on. It's really just a matter of preference. Hopefully the obviously bias crowd doesn't make people think it swung toward Cortez.
    test
  6. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

you're welcome to everybody.

you guys are such good people and it sucks that the overseas folks seriously have no way of watching it...

glad i could help.
    test
  7. bravens52

bravens52 New Member

can i get that link bro
    test
  8. ville2ville

ville2ville Friendship SmileNet [=

This is a really interesting point. Definitely had me thinking and stroking my chin for a bit (pause). I think I agree with you, because the MCs are writing as if the judges can only listen once. So something that may not be that dope or might be corny may not come off that way the first time you hear it because your mind is putting it all together and you only have time to react to something before it's on to the next one. In general just the brain popping into that "oh i get it!" state is enough to elicit a positive reaction the first time around.

I guess I 'fell for it' with this battle because I just voted Cortez after the first watch but now that I just got down with the second watch I really think Marv Won got it by a mile. 2-1 if not 3-0, but probably more like 1-0-2 with two round being notched.
    test
  9. Anagram

Anagram New Member

Somebody needs to show Canada some love... Can I get a link?
    test
  10. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

WHat do you expect in the crowd would it not be the same if it was in Detroit. Just for Marv One I gave Cortez the second Marv the 3rd not sure of the first. I think edging to Cortez
    test
  11. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

SPOILER ALERT:

Cause it seems a lot in this thread are just looking for the PM.

1-Marvwon
    2-Cortez
    3-Marvwon

There was a lot of recycling I swear. Cortez did the Smack style versus Grindtime style thing again. The will cheer-wheelchair I've heard somewhere. The biscuit/gun thing with Popeye's I've definitely heard. The E. Ness-Drect part was Iron. The circle square thing, whatever it was, was Conceited.

Marv's third was powerful though. Cortez's second was nasty. I was more of a fan of Marv's first than Cortez's, the Grindtime/Smack comparisons were annoying when he did them a second time., and it just didn't seem as grounded as Marv's. And I barely know what I mean when I say that.

EDIT: In addition Cortez told Marv his joke approach wouldn't work but then told more jokes than Marv did. That's another reason I gave it to Marv, the angle Tez took there was inexplicable, how could he possibly think Marv would tell jokes in this kind of battle?

EDIT2: Marv had that Digimon shit, and personally, I don't think another person can say a Digimon line without it being related to Hommy Hom's infamously vicious line.
    test
  12. Linesman

Linesman New Member

Dope battle..dope footage.
    Marv clearly got rounds 1 and 3..

So being that most NY heads reported that Cortez 'edged' this battle, Im gonna go ahead and assume Big T sonned DNA, since the same people said that battle was 'up in the air'.
    test
  13. GetPaid

GetPaid Well-Known Member

The person who wins the first viewing wins the battle.

The person who has a better performance wins the war.
    test
  14. chang1989

chang1989 New Member

can someone pm the link? cheers in advance to however helps me out!!
    test
  15. earlyearly

earlyearly Active Member

I liked Cortez a lot more vs Hitman. Marv's 3rd was the best overall. I actually have it 1st Cortez, 2nd and 3rd Marvwon.

I think Cortez was referring to Nuborn losing to Calicoe when he said someone from the D robbing a herb. Which makes Marv's 3rd hit harder for me since they were both DOA and shit.
    test
  16. Pontus

Pontus _________________________

If im really bored tomorrow im gona rent it.

Hopefully this doesnt give GT or KOTD any ideas......
    test
  17. Midemceeon

Midemceeon New Member

marvwon got it
    he took that 1st easy hit him with grown man shit. and punked him, metaphors were great
    tez had new york dickriding him i mean normally i dont complain but that crowd was ridiculous fat complaining bout gt then coming with fat jokes
    second was a tie to me and third marv math hoffaed him, caught a body in that third.
    marv out rapped him too
    test
  18. SeanBeastly

SeanBeastly New Member

somebody hook ya boy up with the link please.
    test
  19. Ribo Nuke

Ribo Nuke Audiodidact

dope battle, worth the 2 bucks easy. the views went from 300 to 800 between the 30 minutes I had it on my screen. they'll at least make what they paid them to battle which is dope.
    test
  20. GunRhymes

GunRhymes New Member

anyone can give me a link will be highly appreciated with a website for free blu-rays
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.