URL PRESENTS MARV-WON vs CORTEZ [FULL BATTLE] (RENT IT FOR $1.99)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by AGENTSPITS, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

Lmao at destro

It's deathstroke

And ate Verb already used the deathstroke/chest blow/
    test
  2. C Murph

C Murph New Member

test
  3. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

TBH i think you gotta judge a battle the very first time you watch it.

Unless you see it live and on video. Those are 2 different battles. Judge it live when you see it live. Judge it on video the first time you watch it.
    test
  4. teacozy

teacozy New Member

In a venue, sure. At home? Nah. Would you say you could assess a book, movie, or album off one cursory listen? People who say they can are either lying or deluded.
    test
  5. JayLegend

JayLegend Jay Ledgem

Yah, this.

No way you're gonna catch everything in the first viewing if it's an amazing performance.
    test
  6. Haze305

Haze305 Flite Team Movement

Hmm I got to be honest I never was a Marv One fan but that muthafucka finally said some shit I can respect as a man. That 3rd round was some real nigga shit and behind that verse I give him battle.
    test
  7. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

for real Cortez may have dissed GT but he came with some embarrassing garbage style GT bars

"you ain't never getting slim"

:|
    test
  8. mapleleaf

This isnt a movie a book or an album. There is a reason the battles are judged AT THE EVENT. If it was supposed to be otherwise they would wait for the footage to drop, have the judges watch it multiple times and then vote. In the olympics they don't rewatch performances over and over before they score them. It's a competition. I believe it should work like this. Sorry if you don't.
    test
  9. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

This was cortez' fourth loss in his last five battles (real deal, conceited, hitman holla, and now marv won (Cortez only beat X-factor)

Spicca is garbage
    test
  10. C Murph

C Murph New Member

so DNA writes for Tez? can we confirm this??

same setups its ironic...when its not
    test
  11. PhillyPundit

PhillyPundit Member

This was fire. Marv went the fuck in on him. I'm so glad too. It's not that I don't like Tez or whatever, I just think he needed to be called out for some diva shit.
    test
  12. C Murph

C Murph New Member

Eggs Benedict Arnold??

haha FLAWLESS
    test
  13. troubledwaters

troubledwaters New Member

It definitely shares more in common with movies/books/albums than it does with the Olympics, at least as far as judging goes. Performances in battles can grow on you. Bender's a great example of this; the first time I watched him against 24/7 I thought it was a toss up, now I think he got every round.
    test
  14. Sensei Sounds

Sensei Sounds Certified Brappee

Cortez got his shit relocated.
    test
  15. samstandup

samstandup New Member

I gave Marv Round 2 and Round 3.

This the second battle I've seen where Cortez mentioned "his niggas" being in Gangs, SMH. He did that shit against Head Ice, too.
    test
  16. teacozy

teacozy New Member

I mean, I get what you mean, but this isn't an actual sport where it's all physical, more often than not, especially in "street" battles, there's a lot of wordplay, allusions, and sometimes intricate stuff that gets thrown out for three+ minutes at a time. You're not going to catch everything on first youtube watch. I'm just saying this is more layered than like, in contrast, most stereotypical "GT-style" battles ("rhymin real silly bro...rhymin all ur syllables") which could be judged easy since it's all punchline by punchline.

Shit, URL ain't even judged in the first place.

Surprised people are really so put-off at Cortez saying "nigga".
    test
  17. mapleleaf

Really? Why so? Movies, Books, Albums are all stand alone works of entertainment upon which you judge compared to all other previous movies, books, and albums.

Battling is alike the Olympics or any other head to head live performance style competition, and i cannot think of any which of those are officially judged upon multiple rewatches. One of the hardest part of battling is making your material as accesssable to the judges interpretations as possible without dumbing it down. If you have subtleties that go unnoticed they will not factor into decision making and you should account for that when prepping your material. Battles are judged on the judges interpretations of "What happened" during the battle (As simple and vague as it sounds, try to put it into context). People who bitch about people getting jerked after multiple rewatches are being unrealistic and unfair to themselves. It's like Iron vs E.Ness. Iron CLEARLY won that battle however if you were to watch it 5+ times you would be tired as fuck of Irons shit and still be vibin to Ness's (at least thats the case for me and most knowledgable heads ive discussed the battle with). On this basis does this mean that i think Ness wins? No, not at all. Ness clearly lost the battle, even tho in the end he had the better performance. It's almost a paradoxical concept but it makes sense if you take into account enough aspects.
    test
  18. troubledwaters

troubledwaters New Member

Why would having a more developed opinion be a bad thing? Everything you mentioned is more of a flaw with judging (at the venue) in general than it is about changing your opinion after multiple viewings.
    test
  19. don draper

don draper New Member

First of all, respect to everyone who PAID to watch the video. Think of all the classic battles we've gotten to see for free over the past years.

Marv got this one to me after one viewing. This is by far my favorite battle of his. I wish Tez's bars impressed me as much as his delivery and performance bc he's one if the best in those depts. Great battle...I guarantee we'll get a lot of replay out of this one.
    test
  20. Shutter Bug

Shutter Bug New Member

Does anyone else cringe when cortez drop n bombs?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.