URL PRESENTS MARV-WON vs CORTEZ [FULL BATTLE] (RENT IT FOR $1.99)

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by AGENTSPITS, Oct 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeathProof

DeathProof Past zooted.

This. Shit's pissing me off to no end. I've had it rented for a few hours and I still can't get it to go through without pausing. And when I try and rewind a little, I lose all the stream progress and whatnot.
    test
  2. Krown

Krown New Member

I had Marvwon in rounds 1 & 3

On a side note, I dont ever want to hear anything about a cali crowd being biased ever again. NY easily is the most biased, awful crowd in rap. They absolutely shit on out of towners
    test
  3. MyBallsYourChin

MyBallsYourChin Active Member

Krown, that's just how URL crowds are... anyone from outside of NY gets that treatment if they're battling someone from NY.
    test
  4. Shutter Bug

Shutter Bug New Member

Would someone care to send me a pm with a link?

:)
    test
  5. Met-A-Forikal

Met-A-Forikal Time, cunt!

How can Cortez diss GT like that when before, in the same URL venue (I think against Holla), he was repping GT hard?
    test
  6. CartmanGTSP

CartmanGTSP New Member

Cortez got 2 & 3 on first watch.
    test
  7. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

Well, I guess if it's not working for everyone, we can chalk it up to being Iron vs. Ness all over again, more or less. It's too bad because I was interested in seeing how it would all work out. The YouTube rentals are still Beta so it makes sense that there are still bugs in the whole process.

Really though, if there is something that could be put in place that benefits the leagues/battlers/fans and it's reasonable priced (which 2 dollars is still very fair), why not contribute to get that system in place.

Could there be better options than YouTube rentals? Probably.

Are there options out there now that are as simple for everyone and will reach the same amount of people? Not that I know of.

It's YouTube so of course if they could do something through them it will be way easier for everyone. Unless they could put up something through their own websites, hosting their own videos, where people pay to watch through them, it's not going to be simple for everyone and it's not going to get even close to the same amount of traffic.

Pricing and what videos are chosen to be rental are things that will inevitably have to be adjusted to keep everyone happy (I'm not keen on the fact that all the videos from this URL event are going to be rental), but, for now, this is a good start.
    test
  8. tha sinner

tha sinner New Member

thats what i was wondering...

maybe it has something to do with that captain guy??
    test
  9. CartmanGTSP

CartmanGTSP New Member

Some one fill me in: What's Cortez's problem with Okwerdz and Passwurdz? I've never seen Ok or Pass even acknowledge him but he's always calling them out in blogs and stuff.
    test
  10. MyBallsYourChin

No way in hell tez got 3...you out yo mind.
    test
  11. JobOne

JobOne Man of the Hour

For an explanation, listen to Marv's 3rd again.

As Math put it:

"You suck dick to get what you want, then you jump ship."
    test
  12. AllWays

AllWays New Member

PM please

would love to support, but am in Canada. Not gonna wait
    test
  13. Dennis Rader

Dennis Rader New Member

Cort got the first 2 east, Marv killt that 3rd though..the 3rd was dope as shit from both
    test
  14. Get 2 Da Choppa

Get 2 Da Choppa Well-Known Member

Marv won got this battle

Ph and Sara kana line almost made Cortez cry
    test
  15. Jizznips

Jizznips New Member

West Coast crowds might OVERREACT to their hometown rappers lines, but they still show love to out of towners. New York crowds suck.. at least the ones lately do.
    test
  16. teacozy

teacozy New Member

Nah it was a different venue than the 7/30 jawn.

I have to cosign Maple and JOBone. Anyone who tells you this shit isn't fire, punch them. It's worth the $2. Wish Youtube would smarten up to Paypal, but whatever. Marv makes this battle classic by himself.

On the third viewing, Marv got this 2-1, though you can easily argue he got it 1 round to two tied rounds. The thing is on repeated viewings, Cortez' bars become cornier and cornier (the last half of his first round is so terrible that he lost that round just for trying to race-bait and spit "ur leik an oreo" bars to Marv in the first place. Nigga, you're a pale Puerto Rican. Know your place.) but Marv's sound better and better.

"We're two different shades of nigga...I'm gun metal. You're baby blue".

COME ON.

That Digimon line is LOL, especially considering dude mentions Destro and a gang of other awesome nerd/childhood shit in that second round. And I can believe he referenced "FalconCrest". Daytime drama bars.

That 3rd Marv round though has like two really sick parts where dude gets dressed down like crazy. In retrospect, if you for some reason think Cortez is more than a mid-tier URL dude, the part where he breaks down Cortez' style and why dude is so average/generic won't hit you, prolly.

And I don't think Cortez was taking shots at GT as much as calling out dudes to battle. You have to remember just because someone drops a name in a battle doesn't mean there's beef. This is how shit gets arranged for future events.

Side note, it's not a "NY crowd" issue it's a NY URL crowd issue. There's a difference. Check out GTEC vids for the reference point. But yeah, fuck that crowd.
    test
  17. CartmanGTSP

CartmanGTSP New Member

Yea on 2nd watch Marv killed the 3rd round idk what the hell I was thinking.

Marv 2-1.
    test
  18. MyBallsYourChin

Tez looked like he was gonna cry during that 3rd round.
    test
  19. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

I agree Cortez' bars get a lot worse on the rewatch. I think I will switch the first round from a tie to Marv winning it.
    test
  20. DROOOLY

DROOOLY New Member

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.