URL Presents CONCEITED vs GOODZ

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by billw84, Jun 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ErikForeman

ErikForeman Yung Fred Flint

hahaha nice reaction picture
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

u serious? con fell the fuck off his style is soo lame now the wow factor is gone
    test
  3. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

lmao @ the beginning of round two while con is rappin Goodz: "What happened? .. I don't remember that"
    test
  4. zoplicone

zoplicone New Member

battle rappers have to shut the fuck up and respect each other during the battle

this one was ridiculous . goodz was talkin throughout his whole round. just ruins conceiteds performance unfairly. it was turn for conceited to spit his verse not his verse plus goodz' ad libs.
    test
  5. RileyFreeman

RileyFreeman The General

co-sign
    test
  6. SaM HaiN

SaM HaiN Onslaught

i think both of them have done better than that,
    its a big step down from conceited's grindtime showings.
    i like goodz but eh he's done better as well
    test
  7. Joey Clips

Joey Clips Well-Known Member

honestly i thought con was more consistent throughout the whole battle... goodz had alot of swings and misses... that whole remy marting singing part was one of the worst fails ive seen lol.. the melody wasnt even the same.. besides that he had alot of other swings and misses.... con just seemed to be more consistant with landing his punches... its hard to watch these battles with all the dickriding going on.. people get confused and start thinking people are better than they actually are.... this battle was pretty lame overall
    test
  8. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

The fucking stupid thing about polls is people can just vote for the guy they like, even if they know he lost, and never have to worry about anyone exposing them for being retarded, and they'll never have to actually defend their position.
    test
  9. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

THAT'S a hater and a dick-rider comment right there...

I guarantee if it was 50-40-10 in Goodz favor, you wouldn't even open your fuckin mouth...
    test
  10. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

Sadly more people are this retarded than most people here may think, they are just way more sneaky about it than this guy.

Wow at not noticing that even T-Rex said Solomon beat Math, and that they seem to admire the fuck out of Solomon, and Mook talks about how the only guy he wants to battle is Eminem, etc. Its not that the URL/Smack fanbase doesn't like white people, they don't like rap that they consider corny, and there are more white battlers nowadays, so by default there are also more white corny battlers.

Go to Worldstar and look at the comments for D-Lor vs. Phranchyze, and tell me that that general fanbase favors black people. Get the fuck out of here.
    test
  11. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

You can't be referring to me, lol. I've been saying that about everything before this battle or any battle with Conceited came out.

Polls are dumb as a rule, it wouldn't matter if Goodz was winning the poll, because people would come here and try to use that as some kind of evidence that Goodz won. Opinion polls are stupid, and have very little practical use.

Calling me a hater, haha I beg ya pardon
    test
  12. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Meh, my personal opinion aside...

Which by the way, I'll always take personals + wordplay over personals + "I'm a gangster for no other reason than the fact I'm not white", I'll always take complex lyrics to simplicity (in comparison of the twos, Con was more complex as a whole), and a more believable persona to a forced act. Con's persona in this battle was more like "Fuck you, I'm better than you and don't give a fuck"--I believe that. Goodz was "I'm a fuckin murderous, cold-blooded killer gangsta nigga who can rap better than Pac, Biggie, Jay, Nas, Eminem, Saurus, Illmac, Khan, Hollow, Con and Solomon wrapped into one!"--and tryin to push that on a crowd, just makes you look like a total bitch. So I think Con won....

That aside, what better way are you gonna vote on who one? Can you please explain your non-opinion based scientific analytical procedure for fairly and neutrally breaking down a battle to get the decisive, unanymous, non-biased winner?

Even if you wanna go back to some old textcee shit and break down the verse into some "Punchlines, metaphors, word-play, creativity, originality, closer, multis, etc." shit... You're still just giving your opinion. All a poll does is save you from having to type that shit out and give a final answer.

So yes, bitchin about polls is pretty much a hater move, unless instead of bitchin about how it's done, inform us of your superior way to decide the winner...

I guess I must be confused, I always thought it was spectators opinions who decided the winner since the beginning of battling. I'm glad you're here to set the record straight on how stupid that's been all along.
    test
  13. ErikForeman

wtf were you listening to bro?

I don't think Jay z or eminem or even the word cold blooded killer was said by goodz...

if anyone is talking about killing, it was conceited..

if you just wanted conceited to win, just say it. don't start fabricating shit, lmao.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  14. BAdams421

BAdams421 New Member

I also think a rappers previous battles play a role. If someone comes at his opponent the exact same way another opponent did, they lose points. (Okwerdz vs T-Rex: Ok used a couple of concepts that Math already touched upon, but T-Rex also used the "whiteboy" thing, which everybody used against Ok) So I just like a rapper to be original.
    test
  15. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

wtf were you reading bro?

I don't think "Goodz said Jay z or emeinem or even the word cold blooded killer" was said by me....

I said that was his persona. That was his aura. You know, the same way you don't have to say "ErikForeman's a bitch" for us to be able to sense that presence about you.

It was the whole aura, presence, vibe he tried to give off, his entire demeanor was fuckin dripped in it.
    test
  16. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

nope its not a hater move and i wasn't bitching, your using the word hater way too liberally. But its all good homie.

To be honest I think the best way is to do what you just did, give out you opinions and the reasons for them instead of just saying "Con got it /thread" and in a non-anonymous manner.

The problem with a poll is if you put out a poll tomorrow of who won between Jin and Serius Jones, Jin would win by a landslide, I'm talkin 80% of the vote possibly. Polls work in very few situations, and hardly ever prove anything aside from who's more popular as a person, not who won.

No there is no neutral way to decide a winner because its rap, which is subjective. HOWEVER even that said, I believe any opinion worth having needs to have at least an arguing point or two. You had a decent one about why you think Conceited won, most people who think he won don't have any reasons though.

PEACE
    test
  17. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

I agree that originality is important in a battle. But what I'm sayin is even if you base it just on originality, it's still your opinion: Maybe you think Ok used more over-played concepts, but maybe dude votin after you thinks Rex was just generic as fuck, even with some okay attempts at word-play. Point I was making is that when you judge something, it's always gonna be based on opinion at it's simplest levels
    test
  18. xHolloWx

xHolloWx New Member

Alright, I can concede on that; maybe hater was a bit extreme. But what I'm sayin though is if I voted (which I honestly haven't), you can tell by my arguments that I'd vote for Conceited. But making the poll, you're basically savin people the time of explainin their reasonings and just lettin them choose.

True, you're gonna have people who "Conceited's a beast so he won!" But you're gonna have a pretty even amount doin that to both sides, so it kinda nullifies each other out. Basically you're gonna have as many people ridin Con as you are Goodz. Or Ok/T-Rex, SK/QP, etc. So that I think should be pretty much blown off.

But, another thing... people need to remember that polls are just made to decide "WHO" won, not "BY HOW MUCH" did they win.

Example: if 80% thinks SK beat QP, and 20% think QP won... That doesn't mean SK just beasted the fuck out of him because he has 4 times the votes... Maybe 4x the people think he just squeezed it out 2-1 or something?

NOTE: The SK to QP ratio was hypthetical... In that particular case, it's probably 90-10 because SK did beast the fuck out of him.

Anyway, I see your point about it, I just don't think it really warrants gettin rid of polls.
    test
  19. FarooqHakim

FarooqHakim Dot Dorbal

I don't think any form of polling, survey, or anything like that should be gotten rid of per se, I just don't use them, because I think they are lazy and pointless. Its all opinions though haha.

I don't think there is a way to really force people into being smart or taking responsibilty for their opinions, but it is something that intelligent individuals should make an effort to do.

A lot of people who think Goodz won are just as weird about it, I'll agree. Like "Man I don't even like Con, he's a bitch, Goodz won", yeah that's dumb.
    test
  20. ErikForeman

lmao

So you readin between the lines in his delivery and confidence means he's hinting at all that shit? You're a fucking clown.

How about you judge a battle by the actual performance instead of whippin out tarot cards tryin to guess what the dudes are thinkin? Conceited says tons of lines about shootin people and killin Goodz; but the fact that Goodz personality and "aura" insinuated that he is a cold blooded killer, means he was the fake one?

GET EM THE FUCK OUTTA HERE
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.